Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT Fastback Tail Light Repair Covers (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT Fastback Tail Light Repair Covers by Slammed
Started on: 03-03-2016 08:56 PM
Replies: 662 (31679 views)
Last post by: fireboss on 01-19-2017 01:12 PM
Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2016 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***If you want custom colors or lettering let me know and we can work out a cost. I have ability to put whatever you want on there***

MADE TO ORDER

After a lot of trial and error, I finally have a product I am proud of and I'm sure everyone will be pleased with!

These are made from 1/8" PETG and are incredibly durable. Aside from taking a sledgehammer to them or something else of immense force ie. another car, you will not be able to break these. You can use them to repair a cracked or delaminated lens, or just protect the originals you may have now.

The shading and lettering is extremely crisp with straight letters/no deformities like some originals and reproductions.

The shading is on the inside of the cover. If they ever become scratched, they can easily be flame polished or with fine sandpaper and a buffer.

Included with the covers is a tube of 100% clear silicone to affix the covers to broken lenses and seal out water

OR double sided tape to attach and protect original lenses. Silicone cannot be used. With all the ones I've tried, they near permanently bond with the originals and it will ruin them if you try to remove the covers.

----------------------------

All the covers will come with a 1 YEAR warranty against defects or fading. If you manage to break these somehow I will not cover it.

----------------------------

I am going to be making these on a per order basis and will not be making more than ten sets a week. I don't think that will be a problem but this is a warning that there may be a wait time

A broken lense

My cover simply laid over

A modified lense. You can hack these up as ugly as you want. It makes no difference! I use a rotary tool ie. Dremel with a mini saw blade. I buy them from Amazon but they are available at Harbor Freight also. You do not remove the outer layer of clear. You cut out the lettering, and the "window" and that is it. This lense just looks that bad. It still has it's 2mm clear outer shell
http://www.harborfreight.co...ndrel-set-67224.html

And after

Post promo pricing is $375 Shipped via FedEx and I will ship anywhere! As of right now I can only take PayPal. I don't want to deal with liability of money order or check. PayPal keeps everyone safe and you have double protection from them and your card company. In the near future I will have the ability to take credit/debit directly.

Thank you everyone for the support and kind words so far! I have a few other products in the works as well. Be on the lookout in the following weeks for quarter windows and interior plastics/surrounds

If you have any questions, please direct them to this thread:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/096450-2.html

Or drop me a PM

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 05-18-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2016 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice job !!!!! They look awesome !
Supracoupe

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2016 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SupracoupeSend a Private Message to SupracoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. I'll take a set. PM sent.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2016 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to see pictures installed.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2016 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in. I will PM now!!!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These look like they will do just fine. there really is no need to buy the actual lenses.

trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These look great! Can't wait to see some pics with these installed!

A question - is it possible to have a set made without the PONTIAC lettering, just solid black in the middle?

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can put whatever you want there or nothing at all!
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice.... Hope we see the first sets posted up installed.. I'm very interested in the fit and finish look of these..
2tone86gt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2tone86gtSend a Private Message to 2tone86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a great alternative. Can you post a link to a installation video if there is one available? Thanks.
KaijuSenso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
PFF
System Bot
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed:

I can put whatever you want there or nothing at all!

My taillights are in pretty good shape, but I was never a fan of the PONTIAC lettering, so this is looking REALLY good. Keeps the lights protected while giving me the look I want without modification of the originals. This is BETTER than new lenses!!!

I'm in for a set with just black - no lettering.

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All PMs replied! Two sets are still available in that first five

I'll have an installation video from one of these gentlemen soon. I decided not to post mine, the quality of the video was just not great and I don't want to give that kind of image. I've spent a lot of time and money making these as perfect as humanly possible. Me spitting and stuttering through the whole thing isn't what I want out in the web for all eternity
LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your lenses look great!! I will definitely be down for a set (or two) in the near future. Right now I'm up to my eyeballs in several Fiero projects including a 3800 build video that I want to try and wrap up next month. If You're still looking for more test subjects by mid next month I can try and pick up a set as well as do an install video on it.
Thank you for all your efforts in getting these made! I was following your other thread before it fell apart and it's nice to know that you are finally able to provide a repair option to us GT owners

------------------
87 Fiero GT 3.4 Pushrod with 7730 ECM & DIS
88 MERA #8013
85 Fiero SE with 3.1 pushrod
86 Fiero SE 2.8 stock
www.youtube.com/LostNotForgotton

zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look awesome!! I can't wait to see an install video. Way to think outside of the box to come up with a solution to the impossible plastic forming to recreate originals. Glad to see they made it into production, that other thread got pretty nasty. My originals are still in decent shape, but if I am ever in need of a set, I will definitely be in contact.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still two left out of the first five! PMs replied
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One set left for the promo price! PMs replied
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I responded to it early this morning
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry ment to type ppal sent..
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any left at the promo price?
I'm in.

Please let me know.
PM sent.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 03-07-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent.

I have a pair of "marginal" tail lights that will be the perfect base for these. I'll post pics as I do them.

How soon can we expect to receive them?

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 03-08-2016).]

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My first order of boxes were cut too small and the replacements tracking show they will be here today. I should have all 5 of these out by the late afternoon and will send tracking numbers for everyone. They are going Fed Ex Home Delivery so no longer than a week
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool. Thanks. Looking forward...
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumpity...
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry for being slow. I missed the delivery and had to pick the boxes up.

This is my last week at my old job and they are grinding me into the ground. Things will move much quicker after Saturday. Again I'm sorry for delaying everyone a couple days. I will have them out ASAP. If anyone has any questions please PM or email me.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am finally free!

I'm packing up all the lens cover sets right now and they will be going out first thing tomorrow. Thank you everyone for being patient!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woohoo!

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
6 orders are out and waiting on an address from you Shho13

Check your emails and paypals for tracking information! My quoted FedEx for my business account was not "accurate" to say the least so they were sent USPS.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my tracking. Thanks!
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-16-2016 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great! I might be in for a set. Can't wait to see pics soon! Also, I'm in for quarter windows too.
Macondave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MacondaveSend a Private Message to MacondaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any sets left???
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are made to order. I have 20 blanks formed, waiting to be painted. I had quite a few people interested in custom colors and letters so I'll be keeping them blank until an order is made
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2016 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone received these yet? I'm hoping to see some pics of these installed.

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2016 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine has been stuck on "shipping label created" for awhile now. I'm very excited to get these things going; I just finished wiring up my LED kit up so this will be amazing when it's all done

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2016 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All 7 of the packages are sitting at label created so I am thinking it is just a glitch. They are parcel post which will take a little while but they should have updated by now. I'm going to look into it and send out PMs when I know more. I'm sure it will be fine
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2016 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What day did they actually ship? Did they give you an estimate on shipping time?
I'll at least be able keep an eye out for them.

Thanks.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2016 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
5 went out on Monday at 6PM and 2 went out Tuesday at 12. The only estimate I have is from the Parcel Post that says 2-9 days which isn't very helpful. I didn't get a chance to head over there today but I will go first thing tomorrow right when they open. What a great way to start, I should have just used Fedex like I had planned.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2016 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright. So I was told that because I didn't use a bulk scan form a lot of packages that get shipped in a batch order, not created individually, will not show up until they leave the distribution center which can take up to a week with Parcel Select. If anyone has any questions, of course PM me or email me any time.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock