Started on: 03-02-2016 01:52 PM
Replies: 24 (1257 views)
Last post by: LT4SS on 10-29-2017 04:34 PM
MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE 10/24/17: Now looking for a Fiero again, since the 87GT I bought from Stan has frame damage and I really wanted an 88 anyway. I am looking to buy an 88 Fiero (or POSSIBLY an 86-87 with an 88 cradle) sometime before Christmas. Finally getting back surgery next summer, and I want to enjoy a Fiero for a while before I get laid up in the house for several months. I have a flexible schedule and am willing to have a car shipped if it's coming from a well-known PFF'er, and I am an easy guy to make a deal with. I'm not super picky in most respects, but I do have some requirements (listed below)

Here's what I'm looking for:
1. Fastback (would have to be really cheap or really above and beyond awesome for me to go for a notchback)

2. 5spd or 6spd manual transmission preferred, but I would consider an auto.

3. The car is "finished" or very close. I'm not able to do much work that requires a lot of bending any more. I appreciate attention to detail and not cutting corners, and will pay more for that type of car. I can't stress enough that I'm looking for a car that was "done right", and that I understand the extra value that adds to a car.

4. The A/C and cruise control work, or only need VERY MINOR repairs. I might be able to live without cruise control, but I really need A/C that works.

5. The car MUST be an 88, or at least have an 88 cradle. I have an extremely strong preference toward 88's and an 84-87 would be worth a lot less to me.

6. Must be engine swapped The 3800/F23 is my favorite, but I'm very open to other engines as well. If you have a swap that includes an F23 with the longer gears, that is a huge plus.

7. T-Tops are a huge plus, but other roof options are all okay.

I can spend up to 11k if I don't have to have the car shipped. If I loved the car enough, I have a nice collection of (legal, registered) firearms that I might add in trade or sell to come up with the balance.

Looking forward to seeing some great cars! I'll be making a $100 donation to the forum after I find a new one, I haven't donated in several years and it's long overdue for all the grief this place has saved me.

I'll make a separate thread eventually, but I also have the 87GT with L67/5spd that I got from Stan up for sale. It is in much the same condition as when I got it aside from the damage to the passenger door/slight frame damage that the bump caused. I did add Tom's Digital Gauges (red), replaced 1/4 windows, replaced the tires with a $800 set of Continentals, and a few various other repairs. Aside from the passenger door issues, it's an exceptionally reliable car that I drive almost every day and regularly take on short road trips. I'll probably be asking around $4,000 for it. I paid ~$5,000 and spent about $4,000 on repairs/upgrades. I might just take all the parts and engine swap out of it and have them installed into a nice stock 88 if I can't find one already put together since the swap is so well done/reliable.

[This message has been edited by MadDanceSkillz (edited 10-26-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262...2305282886&viewitem=

I was about to relist, but if you are interested...please PM me.

I was looking for $11,500.00...but i might be willing to let it go for 10K.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-02-2016).]

MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that's an awesome car! However, I'm looking for something with a more original fastback body for insurance/potential repair purposes.
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top
pcgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No affiliation, but it's a beautiful car. Sounds like a lot, but that's $CDN, which is about $12K US

No idea if it's auto or not. Member here?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-clas...hNavigationFlag=true
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pcgold:

No affiliation, but it's a beautiful car. Sounds like a lot, but that's $CDN, which is about $12K US

No idea if it's auto or not. Member here?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-clas...hNavigationFlag=true

That car is very nice- it is close to me. It is in the same condition as mine, but a nicer swap. It has no A/C but is a very clean car. The owner is firm on the price- he has lots of toys and doesn't "need" to sell it.

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 03-05-2016).]

MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No AC is a dealbreaker for me. It's also a bit out of my price range, especially when considering I would have to import it into the USA. It's surprising how many nice swapped Fieros are up in Canada!
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Importing is no big deal
I can help you with that
With our weak $$ I'm hauling more cars south of the border lately
Let me know if you need any help
glad to help out
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

Importing is no big deal
I can help you with that
With our weak $$ I'm hauling more cars south of the border lately
Let me know if you need any help
glad to help out

Hey Quad,

That's very nice of you to offer! I'll definitely keep you in mind if I buy a Canadian car. Actually, the only Fieros I've found that match my desires so far are in Canada.

David
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got an '87 GT with a n/a 3800 and stock 5 speed. It could use some paint (it's a decent 20 footer). Brand new brakes on the front, good tires, everything works except the A/C (previous owner said it just needs a new compressor). Good aftermarket stereo plus a few other misc add ons (temp/compass/dimming mirror, Homelink, etc). Needs new seat covers (like all do) but the bolsters are good. I have a mostly installed set of Toms Partial GT gauges (can't get the temp gauge to work, I think it needs a new sending unit which I have). It came with a wing which I removed (I'm pretty sure it started out wingless) but still have. If I still have it when the weather warms up, I'm going to fill in the holes. I tried to "paint" the decklid with Plasti Dip (not quite successfully). Tried to peel it off (not quite successfully, either). Again, when the weather warms up, I'm going to use the DYC spray to remove the remaining dip.

I need $4600 firm (I owe that much) and I'm only about 90 minutes north of you (between Kokomo and Peru). PM me if you're interested.
StansGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StansGTSend a Private Message to StansGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
87GT w. L67 low miles, nice car for $5k

This car has full poly, 02' l67,bought motor with 11miles on it, super clean, all original accessories. Super reliable and well installed.

------------------
02' 3800SC Poly, Koni, 17" 245-40's, "RWD" V6SC>4.9 & V8=tractor motor

[This message has been edited by StansGT (edited 03-07-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by StansGT:

This car has full poly, 02' l67,bought motor with 11miles on it, super clean, all original accessories. Super reliable and well installed.

PM Sent

[This message has been edited by MadDanceSkillz (edited 03-07-2016).]

stevekh

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevekhSend a Private Message to stevekhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have also sent a PM.
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stevekh:

I have also sent a PM.

Hey Steve, I didn't get yours for some reason.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I FAR I

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not a 'stock' Fiero body, but it sure is nice, imo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fer...5b&item=252309452635

Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check out the new 87 w/ corvette power for sale from boysatt.. Looks pretty nice.
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]Originally posted by StansGT:

Dang.. That's a good deal.
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2016 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to update this to let everyone know I bought Stan's GT. It was a good deal, and after spending some time with the car I can say that a lot of love went into building it. It needs a little bit of work (just odds and ends), which is actually kind of nice. I can't do any intense work on cars any more, but I had forgotten how much fun it was to tinker .

Thanks to everyone that sent me offers, I got to see some really great rides. I'm glad to be back in the Fiero hobby.
DMendez7

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2016 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DMendez7Send a Private Message to DMendez7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you don't mind me asking, how much was that fiero worth?

Originally posted by MadDanceSkillz:

Just wanted to update this to let everyone know I bought Stan's GT. It was a good deal, and after spending some time with the car I can say that a lot of love went into building it. It needs a little bit of work (just odds and ends), which is actually kind of nice. I can't do any intense work on cars any more, but I had forgotten how much fun it was to tinker .

Thanks to everyone that sent me offers, I got to see some really great rides. I'm glad to be back in the Fiero hobby.

MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2016 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DMendez7:

If you don't mind me asking, how much was that fiero worth?

I'm not sure what you mean...I paid about 5k for it and it needed a few hundred bucks in parts, not counting some aesthetic issues that need addressed. I think it was a fair deal for both parties, and I'm happy with what I paid for it. I'm sure a lot more than 5k went into building it, not including the cost of the car (which is nice).
PFF
System Bot
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to reactivate this post; my wife backed into the 87 GT I bought, and it looks like it pushed in the frame a bit. The door won't open and looks like the frame was bent inward at least 1". The alignment is still good, but I'm going to sell it and buy an 88 (the only year I'm interested in) rather than attempt to fix it. I updated the first post with what I'm looking for, please let me know if you have a car I might be interested in. I'm looking to buy before winter really gets started.
FieroLost

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2017 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLostSend a Private Message to FieroLostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a mint, 35,000 mile black 88GT with 3800SC and 5sp Getrag with 13" FieroGuru brake rotors. Open to serious offers. Search my username under general chat for pics. PM me for details.
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2017 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroLost:

I have a mint, 35,000 mile black 88GT with 3800SC and 5sp Getrag with 13" FieroGuru brake rotors. Open to serious offers. Search my username under general chat for pics. PM me for details.

PM sent, thanks!
LT4SS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2017 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT4SSSend a Private Message to LT4SSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. I have an 88 GT 3800SC 5-speed just outside Chicago.

https://chicago.craigslist....0-sc/6310820176.html

[This message has been edited by LT4SS (edited 10-29-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock