WTB Cruise Control by Bill Eaton
Started on: 02-06-2016 10:27 AM
Replies: 5 (142 views)
Last post by: straws on 02-08-2016 05:12 PM
Bill Eaton

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2016 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill EatonClick Here to visit Bill Eaton's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bill EatonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WTB - Cruise Control for 1988 Fiero Coupe (4 cylinder with Isuzu 5 speed). Would like to purchase all the parts and wiring to install the factory CC. Thank you for looking.

------------------
Bill Eaton
2 - '88 Formulas, '86 Enterra Vipre, '88 Coupe for kit car project.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2016 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The cruise should be the same for all years. TFS has the cruise servo, the cannister, the control solenoid, and the stalk control. You'll still need a bunch of the hoses, some screws, and the wiring. You probably don't want used hoses. JCWhitney sells remanufactured servos. The hoses you can pick up as vacuum tubing by the foot, but the hoses aren't all the same size.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2016 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014
There's a servo with module, bracket, & one hose on ebay.
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a few of the parts you might need, but wiring is going to be difficult. Wiring from the stalk to the rear of the car is part of the factory harness, so not something that can be pulled out and sold. If you are comfortable with wiring, you could make up your own "harness". If you want to go this direction, I can supply the electronics module with connector and pigtail, the Vacuum actuator and solenoid with bracket, connectors and pigtail, and the cable that connects to the throttle body. If you need the vacuum cannister, I can throw that in too. How about $60 shipped.

------------------
'87 GT in process, including GA / Seville brakes, Poly Suspension, '95 3800 Series 1 SC ( 225 hp ) 4t60e.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That brings up a curious point. I know that some Ford models in the 80's were ”different” based on options. All the wiring was there, but nothing was connected to some of the wiring. Did GM make different harnesses, depending on cruise options? Or, is the wiring there, with nothing connected to it?
straws

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for strawsSend a Private Message to strawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was under the impression that 87 and 88 GTs the cruise was controlled by the ECM.

I currently am selling the cruise control servo and vacuum can on ebay starting at $19.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fie...AOSwzhVWtWib&vxp=mtr

There are no bids, if interested PM me and I can end the auction early.

If I am totally wrong and all years are the same as others have stated, I also have a 1986 I am parting out and have the module taken out right now, and I will be getting to the rest of the engine area in the future. Again, PM me and we can talk. Send you phone number if interested, I hate logging in to check messages.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock