WTB - Remote mirror toggle switch by QCMANAGER
Started on: 02-02-2016 08:56 PM
Replies: 3 (114 views)
Last post by: handymanpat on 02-03-2016 07:06 PM
QCMANAGER

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed today that the 4-way toggle switch on the console that adjusts the power side mirrors only moves them up, down and right. The left adjustor does not do anything. Is this something that can be fixed? It appears to be a sealed box unit.

If anyone has a real nice one of these, I would be interested, please let me know and provide photos and price shipped to NJ.

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I fixed mine in my '85 Trans Am. Same switch. Might need a wire re-soldered. Mine happened to break the ground wire so none of the switch worked. Often wondered why GM didn't install this with a connector at the switch. If you opt to replace, you'll likely be splicing the replacement in anyway. Never did see one for sale that included the entire wiring harness. A test light should be used first to determine the failure point.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did rebuild my mirror switch with the help of two pages on PPF. Type is "mirror switch" in the search under "technical discussion". I tried posting the links but couldn't

[This message has been edited by notwohorns (edited 02-02-2016).]

handymanpat

Feedback score:    (48)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you get my message about the mirror switch not being part of the console? The switch has to be unscrewed from the back of the trim piece that it is screwed to and to get the console piece out you will need to disasemble part of the shift console to be able to unscrew the entire thing. Once you get that all apart you can get the switch taken out and you can try to take the switch apart. You have to be careful not to snap off the 4 way rocker switch or you will need to try and melt it back on.
You had mentioned that the writing on the trim piece was in good shape, that piece is not part of the mirror switch, it just holds the mirror switch in place.The actual switch unscrews from that piece. The part you are wanting is what I showe you in the photo this morning!
If you cannot find one here try ebay.
Once you start taking things apart you will see how it all goes.
Good luck

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock