High Performance 2004 Northstar 4.6L short block by Garrettd
Started on: 02-02-2016 11:01 AM
Replies: 10 (860 views)
Last post by: Garrettd on 12-02-2016 04:13 PM
Garrettd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GarrettdSend a Private Message to GarrettdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
12:1 CP pistons
Eagle chromolly connecting rods
Ported case
custom low profile oil pan
2004 crank from supercharged production engine
Rotating assemble balanced.
New flywheel
$1400
See pictures in link below:

https://seattle.craigslist..../pts/5424326782.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Garrettd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GarrettdSend a Private Message to GarrettdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will help organize the shipping too. Will package it up based on your direction.
Garrettd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GarrettdSend a Private Message to GarrettdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The new price is $950 which is a steal. The pistons alone are worth more than that.

Here is the new link: http://seattle.craigslist.o.../pts/5521167796.html

[This message has been edited by Garrettd (edited 04-08-2016).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2016 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Sounds like a deal.

Why are you selling?
Garrettd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2016 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GarrettdSend a Private Message to GarrettdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I had it built over 8 years ago and was going to use it in an engine swap for a C4 Corvette, but ended up selling the car. I have no use for it and need it our of my garage, my loss is your gain.

[This message has been edited by Garrettd (edited 04-12-2016).]

Garrettd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2016 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GarrettdSend a Private Message to GarrettdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Price drop on this. Now it is $800
UOKMarcus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UOKMarcusSend a Private Message to UOKMarcusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
links are dead
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Garrettd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GarrettdSend a Private Message to GarrettdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the CL add:

I have a high heavily modified 2004 performance 4.6L high compression V8 Northstar short block motor if anyone is interested. This is not a complete motor but has most of the main parts. I do have the stock valve drive components as well.

Has forged GM crank ( from super charged engine), Chromoly H-Beam Eagle connecting rods with 12:1 CP pistons and low friction rings ( will need dry sump). Cylinders were machined to match each of the pistons individually. The rotating assembly ( crank, rods, pistons, and rings) was balanced at Perpetual Balance.

Also have a pair of ported 2005 heads that I was going to mod to fit the 2004 block. These heads have stock valves and seats that have been rebuilt with a 3 angle valve job done by the same guy that matched the pistons to the to rods and cylinders in the block. Has after market high pressure valve springs for high RPM.

Engine block has been ported for low internal air flow restriction. This motor should rev very high once finished and running.

Comtec can make head gaskets for this motor because they have the templates and other people have gone this route when selecting and buying their head gaskets. You will need to cc whatever heads you end up using + piston squelch and then order the correct thickness of head gasket in order to get the 12:1 compression.

Also, I started to build a scavenger oil pump to work with the dry sump oil pan to not only scavenge the oil to an external tank but to also provide vacuum to the crank case. The piston rings are low friction rings from CP and will need a vacuum in order for the piston rings to seal and work correctly. Each cylinder was custom honed for each associated piston ring size. I did not do the work myself but had a company here in the Seattle area that customized in building hi-po engines do the machining. I did port the cylinder heads,

[This message has been edited by Garrettd (edited 12-02-2016).]

UOKMarcus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UOKMarcusSend a Private Message to UOKMarcusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
none of the parts I have will work with that setup unfortunately. What tranny does that flywheel work with? Might be able to use that.
Garrettd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GarrettdSend a Private Message to GarrettdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought the flywheel from Chrfab and it was for a trany that was a V6 chevy truck. I have a bell housing for it that can come with the engine. Or you might be able to use the standard setup that is used with a Fiero conversion. http://www.chrfab.com/Transmissions.htm

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock