Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Is there an easier way to post photos on this site?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is there an easier way to post photos on this site? by handymanpat
Started on: 01-31-2016 11:37 PM
Replies: 28 (559 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 02-05-2016 09:38 PM
handymanpat

Feedback score:    (48)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2016 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I down loaded the image poster but I cannot figure this thing out!
I have photos to post.
Thanks Pat
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rkirkpatrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rkirkpatrickSend a Private Message to rkirkpatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Preach on brother

------------------
86 5 speed 2.5 Iron Duke
Notchback.

handymanpat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't even know how this got posted on the mall site, is specifically marked it to be under a different category, not the mall.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use Imageshack. Super easy.

I've been here 12 years and have tried PIP several times and have never successfully gotten a photo to show up.
tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

I use Imageshack. Super easy.

I've been here 12 years and have tried PIP several times and have never successfully gotten a photo to show up.

Me either
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Photobucket works on all forums
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive never posted any because of this reason
Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PIP, We make it harder than it is: I fought it to, but in reality, it's so easy.

Carefully read the instructions here, good luck. https://www.fiero.nl/pip.html

see this link: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/090715.html

example of upload:

Also, if we use PIP, the photo stays with the posting forever. Hope this helps!

[This message has been edited by Ponnari (edited 02-01-2016).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ponnari:

PIP, We make it harder than it is: I fought it to, but in reality, it's so easy. Carefully read the instructions here, good luck.

It NOT the matter of NOT following instructions, it is the fact that it DOES NOT WORK for MANY people PERIOD!

I have tried it on this computer(Windows 8.1), my laptop (XP) Slate PC (Windows 10), Media Center PC (Windows 7). I have tried recently with my Comcast 25Mb cable connection, as well as in the past on my AT&T 6Gb DSL connection. This rules out the computer, AND the network.

This is on my Windows 8.1 Desktop PC. Six Core, 3.5Ghz CPU with 12 gigs of RAM.

It is REALLY SAD NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE TO FIX IT. IT HAS BEEN A KNOWN ISSUE FOR MANY, MANY YEARS AND THERE ARE LITERALLY HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF POSTS ABOUT IT.

I just started using ImagePost.org for my build thread, and know some day down the road all my work on that thread, maliciously taking photos along the way will all be lost, as has happened to so many amazing build threads and tutorial threads.

handymanpat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man, I just wanted to post photos of my 88 I am parting out. I figured maybe I was just really computer ignorant!
Well, I will keep trying.
Thanks Pat
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by handymanpat:

man, I just wanted to post photos of my 88 I am parting out. I figured maybe I was just really computer ignorant!
Well, I will keep trying.
Thanks Pat

Try finding a trusted subject that uses PIP and make a connection using TeamViewer or one of those remote desktop programs. Let them set it up for you and all you have to do is watch your screen. Once its setup allow the Trusted Subject to post a few pics than you give it a try.

Once you get the hang of it you'll realize it's almost as simple as drag & drop,, .

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to use imageshack now I use photobucket. I never got the forums picture posting thing to work ether, But then I hate learning new things. Hell I have all I can do remembering what I just wrote in the last paragraph so easy for me at least is best when posting photos, as well as just posting.

Older things are sometimes easier to remember, sometimes but I can still screw up where just writing what I remember.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have shared your pain, like John stated, It has been written about here for a long time, and the instructions IMO are not detailed enough, but most of the time it turns out to be a missed step, or confusion with the instructions.

I'll try to step through the process using "JohnWPB" video above since it is a great example, and shows exactly what the problem is. Bear with me because I'm posting this from my laptop and don't have a way to make a video at the moment, sorry.

JohnWPB is correct, it is not his PC or internet connection. It is a missed or incorrect step made. Let's back up a little bit.

First, go to PFF and the area you want to post your text and pictures in, i.e. The Mall, Tech, etc.

Now, login. next, choose "new topic" or "post reply" , (then, if you want, minimize or shrink browser for now).

Start PIP and do exactly what "JohnWPB" did in his video. When you receive the message "upload successful" STOP! do not follow the video any farther or go to a new browser tab to try to view the photo, it doesn't work that way! Instead.......

Go back to the PFF page that you started your "new topic" or "post reply" on and in the area where you would type, hold down the "Ctrl" key, and then press the " V " key on your keyboard, that will insert (paste) the picture link you just uploaded with PIP into your new post. You will not see the pic at this point, only the link. Now you can press on the orange "Preview" at bottom center of the page and preview your post with the pic and txt. (may take a little bit to load the pic depending on the size of pic). When you are satisfied with the text and pic's click the orange submit button and you're done.

"ctrl +v" example:*img]https://images.fiero.nl/2015/9g8rp0.jpg[/im which is the pic I just uploaded and shows below

I hope this helps, PIP really does work most of the time, good luck.

[This message has been edited by Ponnari (edited 02-02-2016).]

handymanpat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to try this out. Thanks for posting the information, it looks like other people are having problems also.
Gary W

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gary WSend a Private Message to Gary WEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the opposite problem. I can't view any images uploaded with PIP.

Firefox can't find the server at cliff.hostkansas.com.

It occasionally works, but not often.
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One other issue to mention regarding PIP. I use ChromeBooks exclusively now, so no way to download the app to work on this system. Photobucket is therefore my current means of posting photos.

------------------
'87 GT in process, including GA / Seville brakes, Poly Suspension, '95 3800 Series 1 SC ( 225 hp ) 4t60e.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:
Try finding a trusted subject that uses PIP and make a connection using TeamViewer or one of those remote desktop programs. Let them set it up for you and all you have to do is watch your screen. Once its setup allow the Trusted Subject to post a few pics than you give it a try.
Spoon

Did you just skip over my post above? It is NOT matter of not simply a matter of following instructions, and then PIP will work. I am a computer tech, and Microsoft Certified. I have built over 100 computers from scratch, I program in .NET, VBScript, Autoit, and even Basic and Pascal back in the day. I am no newbe when it comes to computers. I have tried PIP on 4 different PC's here in my house, 3 different OS's as well as 3 different network connections. My old DSL, my new Comcast Cable connection, and even trying on my neighbors U-Verse service. Obviously it is NOT the network, and NOT the PC.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
Here is where an image is SUPPOSED TO BE!

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009

When you receive the message "upload successful" STOP! do not follow the video any farther or go to a new browser tab to try to view the photo, it doesn't work that way! Instead.......

I did that as simply an illustration to show the image did not exist. If I made a new post every time I TRIED to upload an image, I would have 20,000 posts on this forum LOL

Please watch THIS video instead, and HOPEFULLY it can be seen that the problem is NOT in this end.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-02-2016).]

Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry you are still having issues,

Re:

If I made a new post every time I TRIED to upload an image, I would have 20,000 posts on this forum LOL

You can add as many pic's as needed to one post, you don't have to start a new post for each pic.

With your skills maybe you could work with Cliff to figure out the problem, That would evidently help out a lot of people here. Try sending him an email and see if he is interested.

------------------
"Because in a split second, It's gone"
Ayrton Senna

[This message has been edited by Ponnari (edited 02-02-2016).]

I FAR I

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is imo the easiest way to post pics of various sizes here:

http://tinypic.com/
PFF
System Bot
FieroJuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about testing on a HP Chromebook? I can't get it to work on mine.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With your skills maybe you could work with Cliff to figure out the problem, That would evidently help out a lot of people here. Try sending him an email and see if he is interested.

I have went down that path already. We PM'd back and forth for a while, and the end result, unfortunately, was Cliff determining that there was nothing wrong with PIP, or the server.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-02-2016).]

handymanpat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am really sorry about getting everyone all caught up in this. I just posted this question and I thought it was going into the "other" category. I don't know how it got listed in the mall area. I guess while we are on the question of how thing work, how come I cannot delete my question? I am supposed to be able to do that? What if the ad I am running about the car I am parting out is no longer needed? How do I get it off the forum? I cannot delete it, It wont let me!
Thanks for the advice that people have given about how to get photos posted, I am sure at some point I will get it figured out and get some photos up.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The problem I find is having to reduce the pictures to get it to fit.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierocarparts

2552 posts
Member since Feb 2009
Double post.

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 02-03-2016).]

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like John, I've never been able to make pip work on any system, have even brought my best geek friends to try, all epic fails. the other problem with pip is that it's down far too often, leaving broken links all over the forum, making it hard to read most of the treads. I'm ready to give photosuckit a try...

Joe
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2016 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

the other problem with pip is that it's down far too often, leaving broken links all over the forum, making it hard to read most of the treads.

That is simply not true.

I won't say I've never had an issue with PIP, but any problem I've ever had has been rectified... including a major one that the following resolved.

Originally posted by theogre Here:

DNS is barfing. Local or sometimes server side. try google dns etc.

I suspect the simple DNS change I made would probably help many others here who've reported having a problem with PIP.

I've tried to help the OP with the issues he's experiencing. I sent him the following PM a week and a half ago...

You're not saying much in regards as to what the problem is you're experiencing.

A thread HERE describes the process pretty well.

There's also a video HERE that might be helpful (watch it full-screen at the highest resolution), although when it comes to uploading the image during the video, nothing much happens the first time.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-05-2016).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2016 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36402 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Please watch THIS video instead, and HOPEFULLY it can be seen that the problem is NOT in this end...

John, the issue you're experiencing is pretty weird. As was previously discussed Here, for whatever reason the image you upload never actually gets stored on the PIP server... even though you're supplied with an address. I don't know if anyone else has ever reported a similar problem.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock