So... time to start gathering parts!!! by ike50701
Started on: 01-10-2016 01:39 AM
Replies: 7 (519 views)
Last post by: ike50701 on 02-13-2016 06:02 AM
ike50701

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ike50701Send a Private Message to ike50701Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that I have a decent job again, this spring/summers goal is to get my Fiero back on the road again, and within the next few years get the engine/trans swapped to 3800sc w/6spd manual. First things first are what I need to get her roadworthy again, and make a few upgrades in the process. Here's a list, if you have an ite. For sale, please let me know!! My car is an 84 bumperpad notchback.
Priorities:
2 speed radiator fan
86-88 front wiring harness and whatever is needed with it to make headlights function (my fan burned out last time I had the car out of the garage, so rather than replace factory one speed unit, upgrade time!!)
If you can beat $150 to my door, I need a driver's side door. Full assembly with glass, power windows but no power locks . If not, I'll buy one locally out of the only junkyard with a fiero around here.
Edit to add I need a 4cyl dogbone. Either that or I'll buy one of the "ultimate" fiero dog bones from the Fiero store, but have heard they sometimes ultimately won't fit a car...

Before paint:
Upper Notchback quarter. I know shipping will kill me on this one, so may just see if the junkyard will pull it for me.
Looking for a gt40 style front hood scoop similar to what everyone has used to help relieve the high pressure point by the radiator and increase airflow thru the radiator.

I'll start looking for my swap parts further down the road, and everything else I need/want will have to be sourced from new (brakes, etc.)

Thanks in advance!! Haven't been getting on the forum often as working nights driving semi, but I'll try to remember to check this thread at least by Wednesday night. Sorry ahead of time in case I forget about it.

[This message has been edited by ike50701 (edited 01-10-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Detainabull

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 4cyl dogbone with good stock rubber mounts in it. PM me if interested. Thanks
WickedFieroGTP

Feedback score:    (44)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ike50701

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2016 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ike50701Send a Private Message to ike50701Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wicked, PM replied to. Working nights, but this is my friday. Bump, anybody else at all?
straws

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for strawsSend a Private Message to strawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ike50701:
.....86-88 front wiring harness and whatever is needed with it to make headlights function (my fan burned out last time I had the car out of the garage, so rather than replace factory one speed unit, upgrade time!!)
If you can beat $150 to my door, ......

86 harness is different from the 87-88 which are GEN II that harness has different motors and a control module ... FYI the module and the two GEN II motors plus the harness will run you more than 150$.

regards
Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

ike50701

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2016 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ike50701Send a Private Message to ike50701Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 150 was for a door, not for the headlight wiring harness
ike50701

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2016 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ike50701Send a Private Message to ike50701Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well guys, thank you for your time to those that contacted me regarding parts. Sadly, the Fiero isn't going to see the light of day for a while yet as I just had to replace my POS daily driver last night. Bought a 2010 Silverado Crew Cab LTZ, fully loaded, with 75k miles on it. If I can't get around to the Fiero in the near future, I may wind up selling it as it does the car no good just sitting around. We'll see what happens though.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock