Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Fastback Tail Light restoration service (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fastback Tail Light restoration service by Napoleon_Tanerite
Started on: 12-28-2015 08:15 PM
Replies: 59 (5943 views)
Last post by: fierobear on 09-15-2018 03:22 PM
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Removed

[This message has been edited by Napoleon_Tanerite (edited 04-13-2016).]

IP: Logged
CavScout

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:
The clear part would have to be perfect.

Maybe not perfect, but better may be good enough for some of us. I have a half inch chunk missing in the clear part of a lense that's covered with thick packing tape. Anything seems like it'd be better!
CavScout

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CavScout

258 posts
Member since Dec 2014

I have gotten a few questions about fixing lenses with cracks in them. Bottom line-- I can NOT repair damage to the plastic itself. If your lenses are cracked, have holes in them, deep gouges, etc please consider purchasing a set of lens covers from Slammed. They are available in this thread

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/073560.html

I understand her product is more expensive; however, I can only do so much with paint and clearcoat!

Must of been typing at the same time lol
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Removed

[This message has been edited by Napoleon_Tanerite (edited 04-13-2016).]

riley

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2016 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am very happy with my tail lights that Napoleon_Tanerite refinished. I wouldn't hesitate to get another set done.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Free bump, and if the shenanigans turn out to be going on with Slammed's reproduction tail light lenses, Ill be making use of your services ASAP sir...

Hopefully I can send them out and get them back before Carlyle... That would be fabulous.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:

Free bump, and if the shenanigans turn out to be going on with Slammed's reproduction tail light lenses, Ill be making use of your services ASAP sir...

fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for excellent idea / work.
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received my lenses back today, and I can say without a doubt.....this man performs miracles. While mine weren't terribly delaminated....there were scratches and several imperfections; but you would damn near need a microscope to find those problems today. If you been sitting on the fence, wait no longer. You will not be disappointed!

[This message has been edited by timcha (edited 05-05-2016).]

Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in the process of upgrading my air compressor. Hopefully this will cut the buffing time by more than half. I have been using a 20gal 2hp one, and am waiting on parts to come in to get a 60gal 6hp one running. I should have it running by early next week, so if you're thinking of sending me lights, shoot me a PM. I'm caught up and can get to yours right away.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2016 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gentle nudge towards the top.

I have had people ask me if I thought their lenses were "too delaminated" for me to restore. Sight unseen I can say without a doubt the answer is NO! The reason is my process is completely independent of the black inner piece, and therefore there is no such thing as a lens that is too delaminated for me to restore. Here are some before and after pics of a set I did this past weekend.

Note the pretty significant delamination.

The driver's side lens had just come out of the wash tub, hence the wet look. It literally WAS wet!

These are the same lenses, both are bone dry and are that shiny

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

The house you see reflected in the lower right corner is about 250 yards away

Don't forget I also do housings!

PFF
System Bot
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2016 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think there's a bad spot on your ceiling...

those look great btw..
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2016 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bumping for ya....
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2016 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Summer sale. 15% off lens restoration services through the end of June, so now lenses are just $170. Your lenses must be IN MY HANDS by the end of June to be eligible. Not an expression of intent, not a postmark, but actually delivered to me. That probably means you need to ship this week.
migs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for migsSend a Private Message to migsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, was wondering if you had ever done a set of lenses in this manner? with the letters not masked off so it almost dissapers until lights are on?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/096954.html
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't done any like that, but I don't see why I couldn't. If it's just painting over the lettering and letting the light shine through, that wouldn't be too hard.
Nospeedlimit55

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2017 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nospeedlimit55Send a Private Message to Nospeedlimit55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just received my lenses this week and WOW! I couldn't be more impressed with the finished product as well as the whole process. These lenses were pretty rough to start and look damn near brand new now. Excellent crack repair and glossy polished finish. Also top notch buying process with frequent communications and photo updates along the way.
You do nice work my friend! Many thanks
DanielBisciglia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2018 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanielBiscigliaSend a Private Message to DanielBiscigliaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this service still available?

Looks like excellent work!!

Thanks,
Dan
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2018 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Currently I'm not taking any new projects due to a new job not giving me enough time.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2018 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would you consider making a mailing list so you can inform us if you start doing this again?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock