Started on: 12-28-2015 07:58 PM
Replies: 10 (1799 views)
Last post by: Archie on 02-25-2016 01:23 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
V-8 Archie White Sale

Edited to extend the offer.......

I’m having a Sale on my SBC (Small Block Chevy) V-8 Engine conversion Kits.

This offer goes thru the end of FEBRUARY 2016.

Get $100.00 off on My Economy V-8 Conversion Kits.

Get $150.00 off on My Deluxe V-8 Conversion Kits.

And Get $200.00 off on My Master-Build V-8 Conversion Kits.

This offer rolls the kit prices back to less than they were 10 years ago.

You can check out the Parts Lists for the conversion kits on my website under “Products” http://www.v8archie.us/

The sweet thing about this offer is that as long as you get your order in, & down payment made, before the end of January, you can complete the purchase anytime before the end of May.

You can order before the end of January with a 25% down payment. Then you can complete the purchase anytime before the end of May by paying off the balance & get it shipped out to you.

This is handy if you will be waiting for your Tax Return or if you just want a little time to pay it off.

If you’re thinking about doing a SBC conversion to your Fiero anytime this next spring then now is the time to order.

You can call in your order (or any questions you might have) by calling me at 847-212-3909. Just ask for the PFF Special, when you order.

I can take PayPal or any of the popular Credit/Debit cards.

I have a bunch of these kits in stock & can ship within a few days.

Thanks

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-06-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MEL H. JOHNSON

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great deal Archie !!!!! Good to hear from you again !!! I hope you're having a great holiday !!!! Mel
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post12-29-2015 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/home.htm

few questions if I may...

1) will a v8 work in an 84 or is the wiring in the wrong spot
2) do the pulleys and front dress brackets work with tall valve covers?
3) do you have to run the a/c bracket and a dummie idler pulley in the spot the a/c compressor would go if you had a/c?
Engine/Trans. Adapter Plate
Front Engine Mount
A/C Mount
Alternator Mount what alt? the fiero tiny one, or the standard g.m. 10SI or 12SI and or will the newer CS130 or the larger CS144 work?
Torque Strut Rod
Harmonic Balancer Pulley

Custom Flex Plate Adapter
Flex Plate 1985 & older SBC engines (see note below for newer engines)

confused here does this use a standard g.m. flex plate and your adapter? or is the adapter more a spacer than an adapter and the flex plate is special to mount the v8 to the 60* automatic
also what size is it?? 153 tooth 12.75" or the 168 tooth 14." flexplate.. ? My engine uses the larger 168 tooth, and staggered starter mounting

is the flexplate SFI or not?
I'm guessing it only works with the smaller flexplate and starter set up..?

Fasteners Required
Printed & Video Instructions

Remote Oil Filter Kit
Remote Oil Filter Adapter

What model # brand,? I have a dual filter kit here and the adapter that mounts to the block ,
http://www.summitracing.com.../prm-10795/overview/

High Torque Starter
High Performance Water Pump Drive System
3-core Radiator
Custom Exhaust System with Manifolds
Manifolds or headers??
do they work with angle plug heads, like Brodix track I heads
size of port opening?
http://www.brodix.com/heads...-heads/track1-head23

The exhaust pipe, size, mandrel or compression bends , alum coats/ plan steel,
true duals or 2 into 1 into 2 tailpipe or??

Will kit work with "1980's"Nascar Busch series v6 or a OEM chevy 4.3v6?

Also Included Are All of the Correct Small Parts to Do the Conversion......

Flex Plate Bolts
Correct Flywheel
Fuel Pump Block-off Plate

Throttle Cable Mount I'm guessing this is the one that mounts to the intake, does it only work on stock height intakes or will it be fine on any aftermarket taller intakes , ?

Heater Hose Fitting 5/8"
Heater Hose Fitting 3/4"

Heater Hose 5/8"
Heater Hose 3/4"
Heater Hose Clamps
4) Fuel Pressure Regulator what psi? I.E. for use with a carb or TBI or ?

Oil Filter Ph8a

Fuel Line Clamps (4) by clamps you mean? basic worm hose clamps, or?
Vacuum Hoses

Radiator Hoses (6)
Radiator Hose Clamps (12)
90 Deg. Oil Filter Fittings
All pipe fittings
Fan Belt
and More.... Is there a place on your web site that list all the parts, ??

Does the kit (automatic) work with both the fiero trans and the newer but still old o/d that had the t.v. cable not computer controlled?

sorry, for the long post and million questions,
FYI
The economy automatic kit page is listing a billet flywheel and flywheel through out the whole listing, is the economy kit only for a stick/manual.. or is it a data entry error?

Automatic Economy Kit Includes:

Front Engine Mount
A/C Mount
Alternator Mount
Torque Strut Rod
Starter Mount Block
Harmonic Balancer Pulley
Custom Billet Flywheel 1985 & older SBC engines, (see note below for newer engines)
Fasteners as Required

Economy Kit Price $ 950.00

Note: The described above is for a 2 pc. Rear seal engine (1985 & older SBC engines). If you are using a 1 pc. Rear seal engine (1986 & newer SBC engines, the correct Flywheel balanced for those engines is $ 150.00 more.

In addition to the economy kit items, you will also need some over- the-counter speed shop parts.
They are included in the deluxe kit.

We now have lightweight Custom Billet Aluminum Flywheels available for these swaps at $200.00 additional each.

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 12-29-2015).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2015 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This should be interesting.

Let's see if I can answer your questions & make this readable.

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/home.htm

You are looking at my old WebSite. We did a new WebSite a year or so ago. If you clear your cashe & go to www.v8archie.com it will redirect you to www.v8archie.us We couldn't completely wipe out the old website because, for my postings on PFF, I have always hosted my pictures on the server that my old website is on. So I still have that old host so that all of the pictures I've posted on Forums are still there & not a lot of Red "X" appear in my posts & threads.

I'm pretty sure that all of your references to billet flywheels in Automatic kits were corrected on the new WebSite. www.v8archie.us

A lot of your questions will be answered in the new website & I'll try to answer the rest here.

few questions if I may...

1) will a v8 work in an 84 or is the wiring in the wrong spot
2) do the pulleys and front dress brackets work with tall valve covers?
3) do you have to run the a/c bracket and a dummie idler pulley in the spot the a/c compressor would go if you had a/c?
Front Engine Mount
A/C Mount
Alternator Mount what alt? the fiero tiny one, or the standard g.m. 10SI or 12SI and or will the newer CS130 or the larger CS144 work?
Torque Strut Rod
Harmonic Balancer Pulley

#1 The wiring in the '84 is different than the later models but no a big problem. On the '84, you just need to relocate the bulkhead connector a little farther to the left by a couple of inches. There is enough wire on the connector to move it over.
#2 Yes, however, the tall valve covers can interfere with the right side hinge box.
#3 No Idlers needed. If you don't have A/C then you just do the Alternator with a shorter belt.
Alternator..... The kits are designed to use the stock Fiero Alternator. There is no way that I could supply one Alternator mount that would accept all of the different alternators used on SBC's thru the years. So I designed it to use the Fiero alternator.

Custom Flex Plate Adapter
Flex Plate 1985 & older SBC engines (see note below for newer engines)

confused here does this use a standard g.m. flex plate and your adapter? or is the adapter more a spacer than an adapter and the flex plate is special to mount the v8 to the 60* automatic
also what size is it?? 153 tooth 12.75" or the 168 tooth 14." flexplate.. ? My engine uses the larger 168 tooth, and staggered starter mounting

is the flexplate SFI or not?
I'm guessing it only works with the smaller flexplate and starter set up..?

The Flex Plate Adapter is an adapter that allows you to use a 4 cylinder Flex Plate. If you have a 2 pc. rear seal SBC, the 4 cylinder Flex Plate has the correct balance for all of the 2 pc. rear seals (Except the 400 SBC Crankshaft).

If you have a 1 pc. rear seal I have new 4 cylinder Flexplates in stock that have been modified for the correct GM Balance for those engines.

The 168 tooth FPlate (& the 153) will never fit inside the Fiero bellhousing. Also, on all of the SBC V-8 kits, you can't use the stock starter. The stock starter on all SBC's is on the right side of the engine. In a Fiero application the transmission &/or the axle assemblies are on that side of the engine. That's why we use a remote oil filter kit because my SBC kits allow for the new starter to be mounted on the other side of the engine. The thickness of the adapter plate & the Flex Plate adapter are all designed to have the Torque convertor sit back into the transmission at the correct OEM depth.

Fasteners Required

Remote Oil Filter Kit
Remote Oil Filter Adapter

What model # brand,? I have a dual filter kit here and the adapter that mounts to the block ,
http://www.summitracing.com.../prm-10795/overview/

You can use any oil filter kit you want. However, you must use the Moroso pn 23770 to attach the hoses to the engine & leave enough room for the starter. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-23770

The mounting & the plumbing of the 23770 are all covered in the Video instructions.

High Torque Starter
3-core Radiator
Custom Exhaust System with Manifolds
Manifolds or headers??
do they work with angle plug heads, like Brodix track I heads
size of port opening?
http://www.brodix.com/heads...-heads/track1-head23

The exhaust pipe, size, mandrel or compression bends , alum coats/ plan steel,
true duals or 2 into 1 into 2 tailpipe or??

My exhaust is a true dual exhaust. 2" compression bends & uses the old style SBC Ram Horn Exhaust manifolds. The Ram Horn exhaust manifolds can be used with angle plug heads.

You'd want to build your own exhaust. Use Sanderson CC90 headers & fab a 2.5" or 3" exhaust from there. DONOT buy "Hug the Block" headers.

Will kit work with "1980's"Nascar Busch series v6 or a OEM chevy 4.3v6?

I haven't used any of the NASCAR engines but with the exception of the exhaust, the SBC kit has been used with OEM 4.3 V-6 engines before.

Also Included Are All of the Correct Small Parts to Do the Conversion......

Flex Plate Bolts
Correct Flywheel
Fuel Pump Block-off Plate

Throttle Cable Mount I'm guessing this is the one that mounts to the intake, does it only work on stock height intakes or will it be fine on any aftermarket taller intakes , ?

Heater Hose Fitting 5/8"
Heater Hose Fitting 3/4"

Heater Hose 5/8"
Heater Hose 3/4"
Heater Hose Clamps
4) Fuel Pressure Regulator what psi? I.E. for use with a carb or TBI or ?

Oil Filter Ph8a

Fuel Line Clamps (4) by clamps you mean? basic worm hose clamps, or?
Vacuum Hoses

Radiator Hoses (6)
Radiator Hose Clamps (12)
90 Deg. Oil Filter Fittings
All pipe fittings
Fan Belt
and More.... Is there a place on your web site that list all the parts, ??

Your guess with the throttle cable mount is correct.

If you are doing a carburated engine then you would want to use the 4 cylinder Fuel pump & the regulator. A stock 4 cly. pump puts out like 12 to 14#. If you are using TBI you would want to look at pressure & volume requirements needed for the TBI. If you are doing port injection (depending on pressure & volume requirements) then you would want to use something like the Delco EP242.

yes worm clamps

The new site has a pretty good parts list. However, it's hard to list a parts list for every variable without making the website too complicated.

That's why I don't have an online order form. I used to have an online order form but little details (big ones too) can make a customer order the wrong parts or make other errors or omissions that will screw up their orders. So I prefer to talk to a customer on the phone to make sure he's getting the correct parts from the get go.

Over the years I've done a lot of SBC swaps & I know exactly what it takes to SBC-XYZ into Fiero-ABC.

So I prefer to know exaclty what you have and exactly what you are putting it into & I can do a pretty accurate itemized Quote for your situation.

Does the kit (automatic) work with both the fiero trans and the newer but still old o/d that had the t.v. cable not computer controlled?

Yes. However you would need to fabricate the transmission mounts & build axle assemblies from GM parts. If you have a local "Mon & Pop" axle rebuilding shop, they can help you build your axle assemblies. Transmisisons like the 4T60 were used in several different GM FWD cars and some of them are wider (longer seal to seal) than others. Also the mounting holes & bosses differed depending on which FWD the transmissions came out of.

Whew, I hope this comes out as readable.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2016 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2016 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

nice..

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2016 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2016 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just 2 more days.

I will be around most of the weekend.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2016 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Notice: due to the good Response to this offer, I've extended this offer thru the end of February.

I've edited the original post to reflect this extension.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2016 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alrighttee.

Last bump on this one.

Thanks

Archie
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors