'88 Getrag 5 Spd, Shifter, and Cables for Sale by V8Steve
Started on: 12-18-2015 11:11 PM
Replies: 11 (809 views)
Last post by: V8Steve on 07-09-2016 03:04 PM
V8Steve

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2015 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in the middle of a V8Archie six speed F40 swap and have no need for the 88 Getrag 5 spd, cables, and shifter.

Here's the history of the car and 5 spd:
It's an 88 that I purchased from a collector around the year 1999. The car had around 80-90K at that time and I drove it stock for a year with no problems. In 2000, I completed the V8 swap and then drove the car for 22K easy miles until July 2007 when the factory new ZZ4 seized up. It sat in my barn until this spring until I had the time, the motivation, and the funding to resurrect the car.

In the last few months, I've nearly completed the F40 swap and the fatal ZZ4 was found to have seized, spun bearings, and cracked block. The car and tranny were never abused and I no longer need the 5 spd Getrag.

I'm asking $475 for the tranny, shifter, cables, and '88 axles (minus outer CV joints), sold together, picked up in Massachusetts.

The tranny outboard connections had been fitted with aftermarket reinforcing bearings/seals and all seem OK except for weeping from one of them. All synchros were always OK but I never beat on the car so have no idea if beating on the synchros was OK.

Do not PM me. Instead, send email to anderson@gdsconsulting.com. Serious inquiries only and am not intersting in selling cables and shifters alone at this point.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
V8Steve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2016 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
Tranny $300 picked up
V8Steve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2016 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.....really need to move this 88 Getrag
V8Steve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2016 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getrag now $150 picked up. New F40 mounted and rebuilt engine nearly ready to go @ 355 cubic inch, AFR 180 heads, etc. I need to move this Getrag out of the shop.

------------------
88GT ZZ4 Sequential EFI Bigstuff3 - 275 RWHP Dyno'd,
anderson@gdsconsulting.com

[This message has been edited by V8Steve (edited 06-03-2016).]

mionallen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2016 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mionallenSend a Private Message to mionallenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ill take the cables and shifter
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2016 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it was closer I would be all over this... Ugh...

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

V8Steve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2016 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I won't be ready to part with the cables and shifter until the F40 swap is complete.

Pristine fuel tank from this Mall arrived yesterday and it looks good. Yesterday I removed the old tank that sat in my barn for nine years after the ZZ4 seized up. Guess what, the old tank is also perfect so now I have two good '88 fuel tanks.

------------------

[This message has been edited by V8Steve (edited 06-04-2016).]

V8Steve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2016 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This Getrag going into local recyle center soon because I need the space. Two inquiries have come in without followup. I need to move this fully functional 5 -spd Getrag after July 4th as my new SBC build will be underway and I need the space.
StreetRod4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StreetRod4Send a Private Message to StreetRod4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$150 for everything? Where in Mass are you located?
V8Steve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getrag alone is $150. You have PM.
V8Steve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My replacement for the seized ZZ4 is nearly done and I need this Getrag taken away,,, cash and carry at $125.00. I need the space in the shop. Am also selling old ZZ4 L98 aluminum heads and will post them next week.

ZZ4 replacement is 355 CI, 10.5 compression, shaved AFR heads, Comp Cam Extreme Fuel Injection roller cam, etc.

------------------

[This message has been edited by V8Steve (edited 07-02-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
V8Steve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2016 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getrag is SOLD

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock