87 GT 3.4L Pushrod Project For Sale by labbe001
Started on: 12-13-2015 07:28 PM
Replies: 21 (1372 views)
Last post by: oldsoandso on 04-19-2016 10:52 PM
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2015 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate to say but it has come time for me to get rid of my Fiero stuff. Fiero's have been a big part of my life for the past 15 years or so but I neither have the time nor the interest to continue with my Fiero hobby. I a Blue 87 GT for sale in another post but I also have a Red 87 GT project that I am selling with a 3.4l built pushrod engine.

Car Details:
87 GT with cradle and 5 speed manual transmission
The body panels of the car are all straight with absolutely no sign of damage. The fiberglass on the roof and trunk will need some additional work and the car will need to be painted.
Much of the interior has been removed but I do still have all of the parts boxed up and stored together. This will come with the car.
I'm not sure what the mileage is on the car as the original instrument cluster has been replaced with a digital display.

Engine Details:
3.4L Pushrod Engine from a 95 Firebird built by Flightline Engine Supply (See Pictures for Papers)
Rodney Dickman adjustable poly dog bone
Ported exhaust manifolds and new studds installed in block
Stainless Steel Vacuum lines
New starter already relocated
1988 flywheel installed
Bell Housing holes drilled to proper size and tapped
3.4L oil pan installed
17lb injectors cleaned and serviced by Mr.Injector

I'm sure there is much more that I can't think of at the moment but please look at pictures below and feel free to ask questions.
I am not listing a price but rather accepting reasonable offers. I am not interested in parting out but would rather sale as a whole. (Unless there is an offer that can't be refused)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2015 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
price....
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2015 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

price....

I'm just taking offers at the moment.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2015 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gotcha.
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2015 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since you have the 3.4 oil pan, mind posting a pict how it was modified in order to keep it? Also can you tell me where you obtained your exhaust studs?
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2015 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by da.slyboy:

Since you have the 3.4 oil pan, mind posting a pict how it was modified in order to keep it? Also can you tell me where you obtained your exhaust studs?

I used a grinder wheel and ground off the corner of the engine "L" bracket. It gives it a much cleaner look than the "oil pan percussion" method and there is so little material removed from the bracket, it will not compromise the integrity of the bracket.

I purchased the exhaust manifold stud kit from Rodney Dickman
http://www.rodneydickman.com/n109.html

geezer mike

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2015 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for geezer mikeSend a Private Message to geezer mikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2015 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by geezer mike:

PM sent

Replied
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2015 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May I ask what you did to make the exhaust manifolds look so nice?
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2016 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

May I ask what you did to make the exhaust manifolds look so nice?

They were media blasted to remove rust before welding and porting.....then I hit them with some high temp VHT clear
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2016 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update:
The 3.4L PR engine has been sold. I still have everything minus the engine for sale. This car has a low mileage 5-speed getrag and is a rust free (minor surface rust under battery bracket seen in pics) car. I will let everything go for $500. Please call or email if interested.

Thanks,
DLL

[This message has been edited by labbe001 (edited 01-14-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumping this up....great candidate for an engine swap. 5 speed manual Transmission me rust free cradle still in car.
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump bump bump
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aw no takers....thought this would be a steal of a deal @ $500.....I may end up having to part the car out ....let me know if any of you are interested in anything....grey interior, 5 speed tranny car....have all parts minus the engine.
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2016 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2016 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well that is a shame. You were so close to completing the build too.

I wish you were closer, I would grab that thing up for $500.
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2016 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still available..,.a lot of good parts for $500.....could make some extra money for someone will to take time to part her out. Would hate to have to haul her to the scrap yard
88GaTa

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2016 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GaTaSend a Private Message to 88GaTaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the condition of the quarter windows and the tail lights? The cradle alone is tough to find for less than 300. I am definitely considering, but I've gotta convince the wife
Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2016 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What an awesome candidate for an engine swap ! The motor is already out. Good luck with the sale. Up to the top it goes.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BOOM! Just bought her...
feedback left for ya

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 04-14-2016).]

labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

BOOM! Just bought her...
feedback left for ya

Big thanks to fireboss for the feedback and purchasing the car. It was great to meet someone a local Fiero nut and talk Fiero talk for a while.
PFF
System Bot
oldsoandso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oldsoandsoSend a Private Message to oldsoandsoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what about the blue car?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock