Blue 87 GT For Sale by labbe001
Started on: 12-13-2015 06:53 PM
Replies: 36 (2385 views)
Last post by: Steel on 04-16-2016 10:59 PM
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2015 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1987 Fiero GT Blue w/ Grey interior, 5 Speed Manual Transmission.

Well the time has come to get rid of her. I bought this car a few years back with the intentions of a restoration but just don't have the time or interest anymore. I'm typing this up quickly so I'm sure I will be leaving something out but take a look at the pics and feel free to ask questions.

Some things that will need to be done:
As I stated, this was intended to be a restoration project so some parts and pieces have been removed from the car and will need to be put back on. I do have everything that was removed either boxed up or put together to go with the car.
Needs a wheel alignment
Rotors have very little use on them but will prob need rust knocked off

Some Things that have been done to the car include:
Brand new BF Goodrich Radial TA Tires
Lowered 1” with Rodney Dickman Lowering Ball Joints
KYB shocks on front
Rebuilt front and rear suspension w/ poly bushings all around
New timing chain set installed
Welded and ported exhaust manifolds
New front brake calipers
All fuel injectors cleaned and serviced by Mr.Injector
New Rodney Dickman EGR Tube
Both doors hinges rebuilt with Rodney Dickman rebuild kits
New door strikes
New Fiero Store Steering Stabalizer
Steel Braided Brake Hoses
Rodney Dickmans Idler pully stop squeal kit installed
New Pioneer 4x6" 3-Way Pillar Speakers
Pontiac Factory Radio w/ CD Player (Can't remember what kind of car it came out of)
Pulled carpet and seats and installed Dynamat.

Comes with:
New plug wires
New distributor cap
New rotor button
New Trunk Seal

This is a great little car and is mechanically solid. I'm sure there is a lot that I have left out so please take a look at the pics and ask questions.

As of now, I am not listing a price for the car but I am accepting reasonable offers. No trades.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by labbe001 (edited 01-06-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2015 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump-a-dee bump
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2016 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to get $1700 out of the car. Please feel free to PM if interested. Thank you.
Addition

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2016 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdditionSend a Private Message to AdditionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent.
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Addition:

PM Sent.

Replied....thanks
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why is it so cheap?

I see you need new speaker covers, cant really see the drivers seat, that usually has the most wear.

Various switches needs to be swapped out.

I see the damage on the side, does the AC work?

[This message has been edited by busa_powered (edited 01-05-2016).]

labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by busa_powered:

Why is it so cheap?

I see you need new speaker covers, cant really see the drivers seat, that usually has the most wear.

Various switches needs to be swapped out.

I see the damage on the side, does the AC work?

I wanted to price it to sell. There is some work that needs to be done to the car as it is an unfinished project. The AC and heat both work and I do have the speaker covers and everything else that was taken off of the car. The drivers seat does have some wear and a small tear in the very middle of the bottom. The side isn't damaged it just all needs the panes put back on. The main thing is just finishing putting it back together, getting some paint work done and getting an alignment. I have a great deal of money invested in the car and fully expect not to get it back what I have in it. That's typically the case with project. There is no catch I'm just pricing it to sell. I've tried to list any and everything I can think of about the car but please feel free to ask any question.
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2016 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the weekend crowd
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2016 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man this is so tempting... I am not all that far from you either.

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
CNC Machining and prototyping
Maryville, Tennessee
A&N Precision Machine on Facebook!

labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2016 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Man this is so tempting... I am not all that far from you either.

Pete

No you're not. I actually bought the car in Tennessee....Just South of Nashville

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2016 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somebody's going to get a hell of a deal. Wish it was what I was looking for.
PFF
System Bot
typhoon

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2016 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you deliver to Wisconsin????????????

------------------
..from S.E. WI
88 GT 5-speed soon to be an LS1
2008 Solstice GXP 5 speed manual Brazen
2008 Malibu LTZ 3.6 6 speed
2008 Cadillac SRX AWD N*
2002 GMC Denali Quadrasteer
2002 Chev Trailblazer
2011 Honda PCX 125
2007 Yamaha Majesty
2006 Honda Metropolitan, 49cc big block
1965 Bolens tractor. w/new 13hp crate motor
2000 pair of roller blades
2008 Limer backpacking shoes

labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2016 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by typhoon:

Can you deliver to Wisconsin????????????

For the right amount of money, I can do almost anything

labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2016 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Giving it a little bump-a-ty bump for the weekend crowd.
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2016 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So let me see if I understand. You have a 68000 mile, 5spd car that is complete (just in boxes ) and needs to be sold? Is it driveable and do the spare parts fit in the car? Does it have a clean title?

------------------
hoop
SCCA ITA Miata
'99 Miata
'99 Range Rover P38 4.6
'06 Acura RSX Type S
No Current Fiero's

Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent!
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bHooper:

So let me see if I understand. You have a 68000 mile, 5spd car that is complete (just in boxes ) and needs to be sold? Is it driveable and do the spare parts fit in the car? Does it have a clean title?

Yes....that's sounds correct. Its been a project of mine for the past 5 or so years and my intent was to restore it back to stock. As I said previously, I just don't have the interest and desire any more. It is one of two Fiero projects I currently have for sale on the forum. I've done a great deal of work to the car. The car is drive able but I would not recommend driving it over long distances without a proper alignment and without securing the loose body panels. People keep asking me why it's priced so low and what the catch is. There's no catch. I have it priced to sale and there is still work that needs to be done to the car. The spare parts will all fit in the car and yes it does have a clean title.
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

labbe001

813 posts
Member since Jun 2008

Originally posted by Dylpro:

PM Sent!

Replied. Sorry for the late response....had to work some really long shifts this weekend.
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumping it up for the weekend crowd 😀
AGGTownTx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2016 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AGGTownTxSend a Private Message to AGGTownTxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much you looking for?
Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is really really really tempting. I miss driving a stick. The kicker would be getting it back to KC; it looks like it would nearly be a 2 day trip to get out there, and then I'd have to drive it back.
------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)
'88 GT - Series 3 SC3800 w/ 3.5" pulley, 1.8" rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.5" intake, 3.29 gearing. Installed and tuned by Sinister Performance
'99 Kawasaki Vulcan 500, owned since new
'09 G37x Sedan w/ Premium & Nav (wife's car)
'13 G37xS Sedan (new daily driver)
'14 Yamaha FJR - 0-60 in 2.8s w/ 34MPG!!!

[This message has been edited by Chris_narf (edited 02-03-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AGGTownTx:

How much you looking for?

$1700
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2016 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
price reduced $1600
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2016 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by labbe001:

Yes....that's sounds correct. Its been a project of mine for the past 5 or so years and my intent was to restore it back to stock. As I said previously, I just don't have the interest and desire any more. It is one of two Fiero projects I currently have for sale on the forum. I've done a great deal of work to the car. The car is drive able but I would not recommend driving it over long distances without a proper alignment and without securing the loose body panels. People keep asking me why it's priced so low and what the catch is. There's no catch. I have it priced to sale and there is still work that needs to be done to the car. The spare parts will all fit in the car and yes it does have a clean title.

Sorry, I don't lurk here much. I understand the alignment, and that's a pretty easy thing to pull off. Other than the rockers, quarter panel and quarter windows, what needs to be attached? Was this car in an accident?

------------------
hoop
SCCA ITA Miata
'15 4runner Trail
'13 Xc90
No Current Fiero's

labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bHooper:

Sorry, I don't lurk here much. I understand the alignment, and that's a pretty easy thing to pull off. Other than the rockers, quarter panel and quarter windows, what needs to be attached? Was this car in an accident?

No worries....everything you named as well as the drivers side door skin (you can see in the pics it's just hanging on) and interior door panel, the interior speaker pillar (shown in pics) , the rear fender wells, drip rails.....that's all that I can think of at the moment.
I do feel that I should mention since I didn't think to mention in the ad and was asked...there are no sail/quarter windows with the car. When I purchased the car, the set that was on were split and cracked up, I removed what was left of them and chucked them. My intentions were to buy new ones but have never purchased them.
No this car has not been in an accident....at one time, I had everything removed from the car and there were no visible signs of any damage from an accident
Thanks

[This message has been edited by labbe001 (edited 02-08-2016).]

labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
CavScout

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Free bump
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2016 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still available if anyone is interested throw a number my way.
oldsoandso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2016 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oldsoandsoSend a Private Message to oldsoandsoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can the car be driven home?
oldsoandso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2016 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oldsoandsoSend a Private Message to oldsoandsoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

oldsoandso

95 posts
Member since Jul 2015
I know you stated no trades when you started but maybe you would have better luck selling a different car. I have a 1986 fiero gt I was going to put on craigslist tomorrow when I saw your ad on pennocks, I was going to ask $2500.00 obo. red and black leather interior automatic, 20 foot paint job red, think oit needs a head gasket, brakes need work tried ew brake booster didn`t help much. might be willing to trade even depending on how much work to make yours a daily driver.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent!
PFF
System Bot
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2016 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GUYS I personally seen this car a few days ago and will tell you--- this is one of those deals we all look for and wished we had grabbed when you had a chance ..I am going to try to get the extra cash myself in a month or so if it hasn't been sold.

but this is a great find for a GT lover..
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2016 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fireboss

2248 posts
Member since Apr 2011
railshot check your PMs...
Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2016 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If there were any way I could get this delivered without breaking the bank then I would've done so. I'm shocked it's still here. I really love this car unfortunately I just don't see any foreseeable way I'd be able to get it. Someone will get a hell of a deal.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2016 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fireboss...
checked and replied.
Hope everything works out.

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 04-17-2016).]

oldsoandso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2016 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oldsoandsoSend a Private Message to oldsoandsoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
labbe001 are you still out there? is it still the way the pictures show? no parts sold off or possibly more together than shown? I`m in Cartersville Georgia.
Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2016 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How is the frame and chassis and upper/lower rails rust wise? I'm looking for a rust free and straight / undamaged chassis GT to start my new project with.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock