Selling out... 85 GT, 87 GT, unused F40 transmission, axles by McButterball
Started on: 11-29-2015 07:29 PM
Replies: 28 (1212 views)
Last post by: McButterball on 02-16-2016 07:37 PM
McButterball

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2015 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to get $2000 for the whole package.

I've been hounding a friend of mine for over 5 years trying to buy his project car. The other day he finally took me up on the offer. Now I have too many cars. These have got to go.

I would like to sell all of this together as a package. I'm not interested in separating anything at this time.

First is a 1985 GT Notchback with some snazzy aftermarket wheels. V6, manual transmission. The body is in very good condition. The interior needs a lot of work. It has a 2.8 v6 of unknown origin. It does run, but it loses oil pressure rapidly as it warms up. It does not knock. I put the upgraded clutch master and slave cylinders in from Rodney Dickman at a cost of $160. I also put new front calipers on this past spring. It needs a booster as the pedal travels to the floor. I have a clear title for this car.

Second is a 1987 GT Fastback. The body is in good shape. The interior is in good shape. It has no motor. The transmission is still in the car, and the fluid is clean and bright. I've never driven this car. I've never even had a battery in this car. I am in the process of obtaining a title for this car. Should have it in a few weeks.

Third, I have an F40 6 speed transmission. Never installed. Still has the plastic plugs in the axle holes. These are getting hard to find.

Fourth, I have a 4 speed manual shifter console and boot in very good condition.

Fifth, I have a Saab (I think) intermediate shaft.

Lastly, I have a pair of oversized Cobalt SS axles from zzperfomance. Never installed.

The idea was to take the 2 cars and make 1 good car out of them. The good and bad on either car kind of balance out, so you could go either way.

I am located near Memphis, TN.

I will post more pictures as I am able. It's currently raining and may never stop.

[This message has been edited by McButterball (edited 12-29-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Detainabull

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2015 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What wing is that on the notchie?
McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2015 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know. It was there when I bought it.
Detainabull

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2015 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by McButterball:

I don't know. It was there when I bought it.

Gotcha... It's a nice fit. Good luck with the sale!
McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2015 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2015 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know you want to sell it all as a whole, and I can't blame you.

But if for some reason you decide not to or it doesn't happen, I'd like the f40 and axles.
Obviously willing to compensate for shipping.
McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2015 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

I know you want to sell it all as a whole, and I can't blame you.

But if for some reason you decide not to or it doesn't happen, I'd like the f40 and axles.
Obviously willing to compensate for shipping.

I'll keep it in mind. For now, I'm going to try to be patient and find the right buyer. Thanks for your interest though. I'll let you know.
McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2015 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

McButterball

24 posts
Member since Apr 2015
To anyone interested, the car trailer in the picture belongs to me. We can negotiate delivery within a reasonable distance.
JHarvey

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2015 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JHarveySend a Private Message to JHarveyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The notchie came from martin, tn correct?
McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2015 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It did.
JHarvey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2015 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JHarveySend a Private Message to JHarveyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought so. Mr gossett I think is his name? Did he just get tired of it?
I sold him a full cradle with 2.8 / 4speed swap since his was knocking, been almost 2 years ago now. I guess he never used it
PFF
System Bot
McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2015 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He may have used it. The motor appears to be transplanted. This one isn't knocking.

He said his son drove it for a while until it lost oil pressure. I brought it home and got it started and it pressured up. I did a few other little things to it and drove it to the gas station and back and the oil pressure went low. I cut it off and since then I've only cranked it to move it.

The idea was to do a 350 / F40 swap. I was going to proceed this spring but other projects are interfering. I wouldn't mind keeping these, but I honestly don't know when I'll be able to give them the attention they deserve.
JHarvey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2015 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JHarveySend a Private Message to JHarveyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well if you happen to sell those you can come and buy mine lol
McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2015 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Price is negotiable.

It has finally stopped raining and will hopefully post more pics this weekend.
McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

McButterball

24 posts
Member since Apr 2015

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

McButterball

24 posts
Member since Apr 2015
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did the spoiler come from? Would you sell that seperately?

PM me.

Thanks,
Greg

------------------

McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no idea where the spoiler came from. It was on the car when I bought it.

I don't want to sell anything separately right now. I'll let you know if I decide to.
McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2015 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess Christmas is a bad time to try selling a project car.

If I haven't generated any interest in this project in the next month or so, I'll start selling individual components and possibly parting these cars out.
McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2015 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Price lowered
PFF
System Bot
McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2016 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still not wanting to part the cars out...
But will take $1500 for the 2 cars together.
$1100 for the 85 notchback
$700 for the 87 fastback
$900 for the F40 transmission
$250 for the cobalt axles
$100 for the Saab intermediate shaft.
Buy the F40 and axles and Saab shaft together for $1000.

Prices don't include shipping, but anything can be negotiated.

Waiting on income taxes? Send a (non-refundable) deposit and I'll hold your item until April.

I'm not hurting for the money, but the cars are in my backyard and my HOA is frowning at me.
McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Make an offer.
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please tell me about the intermediate shaft. Is this for the RH side to reduce the axle length?

Thanks
Mark
Humungus1138

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2016 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Humungus1138Send a Private Message to Humungus1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you PM me about that F40 transmission? I am looking for one to mate with a 3800 Series II on my project car. I would need it shipped though
McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2016 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry. My notifications on this topic were going to my spam folder.

The intermediate shaft is what joins the right side of the transmission to the right axle. I don't know the exact way it hooks up or what else it needs. When I was acquiring parts I was told I needed it and it would work with the F40 sbc conversion.

PM sent
McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2016 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 87 is sold. The 85 is pending sale this weekend.

The F40 and axles and jackshaft are on eBay. I will sell them a little cheaper off eBay to avoid the seller fees.
McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The cars are both gone.

F40 V6 pattern transmission $850 shipped to 48 states.

Cobalt axles $250 shipped.

Saab jackshaft $30 shipped.

Everything for $1000 shipped.
McButterball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2016 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McButterballSend a Private Message to McButterballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything is sold. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by McButterball (edited 02-17-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock