WTB: harness and PCM reprogramming for a 4.9+4T60E swap by Hidalgo
Started on: 11-27-2015 05:40 PM
Replies: 3 (305 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 05-20-2016 09:38 AM
Hidalgo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2015 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have already done some research on this topic, but I want to make sure the information I have is accurate. This is a request for proposal for a swap harness and PCM reprogramming. I might be doing a Cadillac 4.9 L26 and 4T60E swap in my 88 Duke coupe as early as next spring. If not, then it will go to winter 2016.

My 88 base Duke coupe has no A/C and no cruise control, and I don't plan on adding either of them during the swap. It is already an automatic with the regular TH125C.
I would like for all of its gauges to remain functional, including the tachometer. I will probably provide my own Fiero Speedo Speedometer 4000 PPM Buffer and modified tachometer, since I can purchase those two items locally from a fellow Fiero Club member who ended up not needing either for his own 4.9 swap.
My engine and transmission will come from a 1991 Seville STS (3.33 FDR).

Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions about how I plan on executing this swap.

Before anybody mentions Phonedawgs, I have purchased a swap harness from him before, and his service and quality were excellent. However, the exchange rate for the Canadian dollar has deteriorated considerably since my first swap (L67), so I wanted to see if there were more affordable options out there. Furthermore, I know he does harnesses for the 4.9, but I'm not sure he reprograms its PCM. So Phonedawgs, feel free to answer if you read this.
I have already sent PMs to Rockcrawl, Stickpony, and NJD85GT. None of them have answered me yet. Guys, if you are reading this and you still make harnesses and chips, please reply.
I haven't contacted Darth Fiero yet, so if you are reading this, please reply.

------------------
Silver 88 coupe, Duke with TH125C (for now)
White 88 GT, 3800 L67 with 4T65E-HD (sold)
Electric blue 2007 Honda Fit stickshift (daily driver)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 320
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2015 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DarthFiero (Ryan) can program your PCM and is a reliable source. Westers Garage in Canada is also a possible source.
As for harness suppliers; there has been a lot of controversy about the worthiness of suppliers on this forum, so do a search , ask for recommendations and see what returns.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Hidalgo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

As for harness suppliers; there has been a lot of controversy about the worthiness of suppliers on this forum, so do a search , ask for recommendations and see what returns.

Dennis, is there a reason why you didn't mention Phil Dull at Injection Technology (501-216-7350)? Does he refuse to ship to Canada?

[This message has been edited by Hidalgo (edited 05-20-2016).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 320
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hidalgo:

Dennis, is there a reason why you didn't mention Phil Dull at Injection Technology (501-216-7350)? Does he refuse to ship to Canada?

Phil is the successor to Injection Technology and makes beautiful factory neat harnesses. InjectTech was the sole suppler to the Fiero Factory when they were doing 4.9L swaps. Phil makes a quality product and is reliable. His 3800SC harnesses are professionally made, neat, clean, not soldered and are also top notch. Don't know if he will ship to Canada or not so call him and ask.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock