Garrett turbo $400 plus shipping. by Chief
Started on: 11-16-2015 03:46 PM
Replies: 14 (971 views)
Last post by: Chief on 02-08-2017 07:56 PM
Chief

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This unit was mounted on a 2.8l Fiero with automatic transmission. When I bought it the car was being parted out and this was all was left of the system so what you see is what you get.
Sold

[This message has been edited by Chief (edited 02-08-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Horse

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HorseSend a Private Message to HorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a Buick Regal 3.8 turbocharger the reference number is 409174-0027, it is a Garrett T3 465286-004 and a very good turbo for the 2.8l. With a rising rate fuel pressure regulator you can simplify the installation greatly. That turbo on eBay brings $400 by itself, the core is $200 on the housing alone.

http://www.invasionautoprod....com/78bucetb46.html

[This message has been edited by Horse (edited 11-16-2015).]

Jonathan Tate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan TateSend a Private Message to Jonathan TateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please check your PM if you are interested in a trade.
ninjayogi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2015 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjayogiSend a Private Message to ninjayogiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in this but I am new to turbos and it looks like some of the stuff might be missing but I am not sure what. Is there a difference in Turbos that some of them dont need inter coolers and things like that?
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2015 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ninjayogi:

I am interested in this but I am new to turbos and it looks like some of the stuff might be missing but I am not sure what. Is there a difference in Turbos that some of them don't need inter coolers and things like that?

This is the turbo the inlet manifold and exhaust manifold only. You will need to build your own plumbing and oil hoses. Inter coolers were not used in most Fiero turbo conversions as it is only going to use about 8 pounds of boost any higher and you will need a new fuel management system. If you are not familiar with turbo systems you need to do your research before you buy anything.

Originally posted by Jonathan Tate:

Please check your PM if you are interested in a trade.

PM was replied to, I am not interested in any trades as I will be separating the turbo and listing it on eBay if it does not sell here shortly. I will then sell the manifold by itself for those that have a t3 or t4 turbo already.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At the price that you are asking, IMO prospective buyers would want to know that the turbo is functional and not in need of a rebuild or worn to non-rebuildable condition. An inspection report would indicate the condition of turbine and compressor wheels and if there is no side to side play in the assembly. Do the wheels spin free and not contact the housing? Is there is any wobble or play in the shaft to indicate worn bearings?
If you have done a thorough inspection and can verify all is working, that will help you sell it.

Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

At the price that you are asking, IMO prospective buyers would want to know that the turbo is functional and not in need of a rebuild or worn to non-rebuild able condition. An inspection report would indicate the condition of turbine and compressor wheels and if there is no side to side play in the assembly. Do the wheels spin free and not contact the housing? Is there is any wobble or play in the shaft to indicate worn bearings?
If you have done a thorough inspection and can verify all is working, that will help you sell it.

Of course you are correct Dennis. The turbo was freshly rebuilt before the install and was only used for a very short time about 600 miles before the car was wrecked. The turbo is in excellent condition and has no play or wobble. I would not post it if it had any issues I would just sell it as a core as it is worth $200 to most re-builders. Unfortunately I never got the oil lines or the rest of the pluming as they had been discarded by accident.

[This message has been edited by Chief (edited 11-22-2015).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the turbo was a recent rebuild I so no reason why a Fiero owner would not grab this kit up. The oil lines are very easy to make from brake line or Russel SS line and if you buy the right flange and a mandrel bend a competent welder could easily make the down pipe. The air intake can be done with flex pipe. I used to sell complete Fiero turbo kits and they were $2500 back 10 years ago. If you have a sound 2.8L with this turbo you could have a 6 second 0-60 and 190- 200HP. Its amazing how much a simple bolt on turbo can boost the 2.8L horsepower. Stick with ti and you will sell it.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 11-22-2015).]

Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2017 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
Jonathan Tate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2017 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan TateSend a Private Message to Jonathan TateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check your PM.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2017 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
PFF
System Bot
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2017 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All PMs answered.

Shipping is $49.60 or less depending where you live. Local pick up is welcome.

[This message has been edited by Chief (edited 02-08-2017).]

Revoevom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RevoevomSend a Private Message to RevoevomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it sold yet?
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Revoevom:

Is it sold yet?

Waiting on payment, I will pot when it is sold.
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chief

264 posts
Member since Dec 2001
Sold to:
Brian in Bethany Ok

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave