Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  SELLING MY 86 TURBO GT ; too maNy cars (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
SELLING MY 86 TURBO GT ; too maNy cars by Francis T
Started on: 10-17-2015 01:01 PM
Replies: 43 (3640 views)
Last post by: Francis T on 07-18-2017 11:47 PM
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2015 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've made few more body mods and decided to repaint the car. Got to wondering if I should just leave it in the gray primer -for those that may want a dif color-, or do black over silver as planned? More photos soon

With 2 Fieros, 1 73 Opel GT, 06 Crossfire convert, 09 Lancer, an Chry Carryvan between me and JUST the wife something has to go. Thus, I'm selling my 1986 turbo Fiero GT.

[<A Class="HTMLBodyLink" HREF="http://http://s16.photobucket.com/user/francis44/media/100_0740_zpsad248da8.jpg.html" TARGET=_blank> IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/francis44/000_0261_zps5a7bddea.jpg[/IMG]</A>

ENGINE
2.8 turbo engine with less than 5k miles on pro-rebuild see -list of engine/other modifications:
1- Trueleo intake manifold
2- Custom trueleo headers
3- Garret turbo with modified MR2 intercooler and blow-off valve
4- Crane cam
5- TRW pistons 9.2:1 .030 over
6- New fuel, oil, and water pump
7- New main & rod bearings. New front and rear seals
8- Ported heads with 3 angle valve job and high-performance
& lifters valve springs
9- MSD ign system
10- Mustang fuel injectors
11- modified air inlet and water separator more CFM

12- 4-spd manual with new clutch, throw-out bearing, and shifter fork bearing
13- AC system modified to current standards (needs to be charged)
14- Heated O2 sensor
15- Custom Trueleo ECU chip.

Gauges:
All OEM gauges, plus Auto meter:
Manifold pressure/boost
Exhaust gas temp
Oil pressure
Volts
Fuel pressure – mounted on engine

Body modifications:
Intrax springs (lowered)
Centerline aluminum 5 spoke 16” rims
Bridgestone Radial TAs
Slotted/drilled rotors, stainless steel lines
Porterfield RS4 break pads
Front hood extractor scoop
Rear deck lid extractor scoop with fan
New rac & pinion
Open grill (removed splitter)
Wide vinyl front and rear red stripping

Custom seats with custom red seat belts

Custom gauge mount with:
Intercooler fan switch
Radiator relay bypass switch
Diagnostic switch
Pionneer FM/cd radio
It also as new connectros for most of the sensors, distrib, ing coil
I likely left something out…?
Asking $6,500
I can be reached at cell 540-840-1808

[This message has been edited by Francis T (edited 10-24-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2015 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tempting...

What turbo? ...and dyno sheet?
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2015 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Lou! It's a Garret maybe a T26; almost no lag, perfect fit. I really don't recall whcih turbo he used, my son mapped it out. I just made the headers and did everything else. I was waiting to take it to the dyno when i take my 87 GT. With 10+lbs boost and the other mods, it's probably putting out more than 250 HP ? Runs strong.

------------------
my 86 2.8 intercooled turbo

[URL=http://s16.photobucket.com/user/francis44/media/69ba83f6-9cfd-4291-88fe-5a4ea85369e4_zpsd980ade4.jpg.html]
my 87 norm aspri but highy modified 2.8

[This message has been edited by Francis T (edited 10-17-2015).]

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2015 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Francis T

6620 posts
Member since Oct 2003
ops dup post

[This message has been edited by Francis T (edited 10-17-2015).]

Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2015 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks sharp!!

What really caught my attention was your decklid extractor fan setup... is there anymore info on that someplace? How you put it in, what fan, etc?

good luck with the sale!
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2015 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

Looks sharp!!

What really caught my attention was your decklid extractor fan setup... is there anymore info on that someplace? How you put it in, what fan, etc?

good luck with the sale!

It's just an aftermarket copy of a prostock inlet scoop. I may have gotten it from Jegs or Summit? As for the fan, it's also and after market
product made for radiators etc and uses a remote sensor that clamps round a coolent hose. It's not hard to put together. LOL if my header wrap gets wet and I start the car before it dries, steam raises from the lid near the rear window making the car look llke it's on fire until the headers get hot enough to dry the thermal-wrap or until the fan cuts in.

[This message has been edited by Francis T (edited 10-19-2015).]

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2015 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lil FYI on the price; I set the price at $6,500 New price, $5,500. Wheras I was planning on repainting it before selling. Whereas, some people may want it a diffrent color, I may leave it as is, which still looks good. just not great.
Also, I have the stock seats and stock GT 2 rims with new Cooper tires mounted.
I will keep the car listed here another before putting it Ebey erc,

[This message has been edited by Francis T (edited 11-03-2015).]

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
update
lil FYI on the price; I set the price at $6,500 Now asking, $5,500. I was planning on repainting it before selling. Whereas, some people may want it a diffrent color, I may leave it as is, which still looks good. just not great.
Also, I have the stock seats and stock GT 2 rims with new Cooper tires mounted.
I will keep the car listed here another before putting it on Ebey erc,

[This message has been edited by Francis T (edited 11-03-2015).]

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2015 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
10lbs on a 2.8 is probably 205rwhp.
Unfortunately I'm in the middle of another 3.4 swap, this time on my daily driver. If you had put it up for sale a year ago before I started rebuilding that 3100 block(bored to 3.4L), I probably would have bit the bullet on this setup.

Good luck with your sale.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2015 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Lou and good luck with your build. BTW with our intake, headers, 9,2:1 pistons and what not, I think it's putting out more than 205RWHP; feels like is anyway. Whereas i have a few stock intakes, I was almost tempted to pull my intake and it sell it by itself.

[This message has been edited by Francis T (edited 11-25-2015).]

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jus lil bump
PFF
System Bot
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a bump
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2016 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curious, why would you sell the Fiero and keep the minivan for 2 people?
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

Just curious, why would you sell the Fiero and keep the minivan for 2 people?

Well he has to have something to carry autoparts in
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2016 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First off, in addition to van, we have 2 GTs, a Lancer and crossfire and what with my medical condition. I can only do so much car work. I also need the van to haul my 85" RC model warship around.

http://i16.photobucket.com/...0565_zps2tofjiri.jpg

------------------
my 86 2.8 intercooled turbo

[URL=http://s16.photobucket.com/user/francis44/media/69ba83f6-9cfd-4291-88fe-5a4ea85369e4_zpsd980ade4.jpg.html]
my 87 norm aspri but highy modified 2.8

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a bump listing it on ebay this week
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
GuiltyPleasureFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GuiltyPleasureFieroSend a Private Message to GuiltyPleasureFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent!!
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump to top for the turbo shopper!
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Show us the OPEL!!!!
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm dropping the price one last time, whereas I need money for a patent lawyer. Just don't have the time to finish the application myself. Did get the searches done and no one has anything like it. I also can't seek investors without having my patent first, nondisclosure forms just don't cut it. Wish I could say more, anyway, I'll let her go for $4.5K.
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool car. Good luck with the sale. I am curious as well what kind of power its putting down.
FTrader

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FTraderSend a Private Message to FTraderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. Mileage on the car/odometer? How much rust? Thanks!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very good deal at $4500. Good luck selling it.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2017 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The original mileage is around 160k, but that is mote, whereas everything is new or in great condition: it even has a new rac & pinon. The engine has maybe 5,000 miles on it. As for rust, none.

Originally posted by FTrader:

Very nice. Mileage on the car/odometer? How much rust? Thanks!

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2017 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Francis T

6620 posts
Member since Oct 2003
I honestly, I have yet to put it on a dyno since we added the turbo. What with the turbo @ 10 lbs boost, the 9.5:1 TRW forged pistons, Crane cam, Trueleo high-flow headers/intake manifold, plus other go-faster goodies, and moreover, how strong it feels, I'd say the HP is at least 230 - 270+

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

Very cool car. Good luck with the sale. I am curious as well what kind of power its putting down.

straws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2017 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for strawsSend a Private Message to strawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One link of the photos take me to a battleship, the other link to a picture of two different painted cars...one has a neat fancy affect tripling the car. Do you have a good link for photos?
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2017 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by straws:

One link of the photos take me to a battleship, the other link to a picture of two different painted cars...one has a neat fancy affect tripling the car. Do you have a good link for photos?

I'll see what i can find or take new photos
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2017 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2017 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

PFF
System Bot
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2017 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had changed my mind, but sadly, I need to sell it again.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2017 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had decided to keep the car, but my new company needs additional funds, to build demo units for my EMRID Patent-Pending tool. If you want to see want to see it, just go to my yet-to-released website:
https://boderdcom.wordpress.com/

I've also added a few options with the sale this time round.

$4.500: The car as is with the seats that are in it now and the original worn OEM seats, plus the 4 original lace GT rims.

$5,000: the car as is with or without the rear wing, (if you want no wing, I'll plug the mounting holes and repaint the rear deck lid) and with two freshly redone OEM seats ( Mr Mike's) photos to come stock seats, plus 4 New Cooper Cobra tires on stock GT lace rims. I'm flexible with respect to the above options.

[This message has been edited by Francis T (edited 06-11-2017).]

Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2017 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In my opinion, we all have them I know, just sell the car with everything for one set price. Might be more tempting for buyers, if you give us to many options as buyers it just becomes exhausting for you as the seller.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2017 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good point, i thought about that too; if don't sell soon; i'm going to repaint it black with the (87 style) lower area in silver and put it on e-bay too.

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

In my opinion, we all have them I know, just sell the car with everything for one set price. Might be more tempting for buyers, if you give us to many options as buyers it just becomes exhausting for you as the seller.

[This message has been edited by Francis T (edited 06-11-2017).]

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2017 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As for this post; i'll be dumping the photo-bucket images soon ; replacing them with new PNG images of the car in its new look.

[This message has been edited by Francis T (edited 07-16-2017).]

jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2017 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you using that chrome air filter lid? I've been looking for a chrome one is it painted or actual chrome?

Originally posted by Francis T:

With 2 Fieros, 1 73 Opel GT, 06 Crossfire convert, 09 Lancer, an Chry Carryvan between me and JUST the wife something has to go. Thus, I'm selling my 1986 Fiero GT.

[<A Class="HTMLBodyLink" HREF="http://http://s16.photobucket.com/user/francis44/media/100_0740_zpsad248da8.jpg.html" TARGET=_blank> IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/francis44/000_0261_zps5a7bddea.jpg[/IMG]</A>

ENGINE
2.8 turbo engine with less than 5k miles on pro-rebuild see -list of engine/other modifications:
1- Trueleo intake manifold
2- Custom trueleo headers
3- Garret turbo with modified MR2 intercooler and blow-off valve
4- Crane cam
5- TRW pistons 9.2:1 .030 over
6- New fuel, oil, and water pump
7- New main & rod bearings. New front and rear seals
8- Ported heads with 3 angle valve job and high-performance
& lifters valve springs
9- MSD ign system
10- Mustang fuel injectors
11- modified air inlet and water separator more CFM

12- 4-spd manual with new clutch, throw-out bearing, and shifter fork bearing
13- AC system modified to current standards (needs to be charged)
14- Heated O2 sensor
15- Custom Trueleo ECU chip.

Gauges:
All OEM gauges, plus Auto meter:
Manifold pressure/boost
Exhaust gas temp
Oil pressure
Volts
Fuel pressure – mounted on engine

Body modifications:
Intrax springs (lowered)
Centerline aluminum 5 spoke 16” rims
Bridgestone Radial TAs
Slotted/drilled rotors, stainless steel lines
Porterfield RS4 break pads
Front hood extractor scoop
Rear deck lid extractor scoop with fan

Open grill (removed splitter)
Wide vinyl front and rear red stripping

Custom seats with custom red seat belts

Custom gauge mount with:
Intercooler fan switch
Radiator relay bypass switch
Diagnostic switch
Pionneer FM/cd radio
It also as new connectros for most of the sensors, distrib, ing coil
I likely left something out…?
Asking $6,500
I can be reaheched at 540-972-1867 hom or cell 540-840-1808

DMendez7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2017 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DMendez7Send a Private Message to DMendez7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't see any pictures.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2017 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DMendez7:

Can't see any pictures.

Gotta love Photobucket...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave