WTB 88 Eibach springs by j bf1
Started on: 10-07-2015 10:30 AM
Replies: 10 (232 views)
Last post by: j bf1 on 10-10-2015 07:22 PM
j bf1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all, looking for a set new or used.

Thanks
John

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bkw88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkw88Send a Private Message to bkw88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck. Your best bet to lower your 88 is to cut springs.
j bf1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really, can you please explain.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Georgia Fieros has a full set of painted Eibach springs for an 88. They were removed from our Warrior Project car because they made the tire and wheel combo that was donated scrub. The car also had lowering ball joints, so the combo was too much for the tire/wheel combo.

The Fiero Store lists the painted Eibachs at $389 plus shipping. Georgia Fieros will sell the slightly used set for half the retail price of any vendor you can provide. Plus Shipping from Atlanta, Ga. So, for example, if you can provide a bonafide dealer price of $200, they are yours for $100 plus shipping. Otherwise, $195 plus shipping.

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Georgia Fieros has a full set of painted Eibach springs for an 88. They were removed from our Warrior Project car because they made the tire and wheel combo that was donated scrub. The car also had lowering ball joints, so the combo was too much for the tire/wheel combo.

The Fiero Store lists the painted Eibachs at $389 plus shipping. Georgia Fieros will sell the slightly used set for half the retail price of any vendor you can provide. Plus Shipping from Atlanta, Ga. So, for example, if you can provide a bonafide dealer price of $200, they are yours for $100 plus shipping. Otherwise, $195 plus shipping.

The Fiero Store does not sell Eibachs for the 1988 Fiero.....in fact, nobody does. Around 1999 a small run was produced by Eibach for ACE (American Custom Engineering)....they were a custom shop located in Colorado (no comment on their business practices). I have no idea how many sets were produced, but I imagine it was less than 100. I have a set (not mine) that I installed on my '88 GT and liked the looks, but they seemed too soft for me. I have since installed a set of Fiero Store lowered springs, which aren't a low as the Eibachs but are stiffer.

Every once in a while a set of these ACE Eibach springs comes up for sale, but you might be waiting a long time.

revson1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revson1Send a Private Message to revson1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierofool, you have a PM.
j bf1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How bout just cutting the spring, how would it make it ride?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The man who owned the car told us it had Eibachs on it, thus our description. I think there were still some tags on them when we removed them. We'll check the identification on Saturday when we have our meeting and I'll post back.

revson1 you have a couple of pm's.
revson1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revson1Send a Private Message to revson1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierofool, I replied to you and sent off an email to the group.

Thanks
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I now have the 88 lowering springs in my possession and they are indeed Eibachs. They have the Eibach logo imprinted as well as the manufacture date of June 1999. I don't know where they were for the early part of their life, but best I recall, they were installed on the Warrior Project car about 6 or 7 years ago. The car was only driven for a couple of years after that when the owner parked it.

So, they are authentic Eibachs.
j bf1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent you a PM
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock