Looking for cheap builder fiero Gt by Pete Matos
Started on: 09-25-2015 07:54 PM
Replies: 15 (560 views)
Last post by: Pete Matos on 10-11-2015 08:30 PM
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey folks,
I have not been on here in awhile, been busy with business and family stuff for quite awhile. Really missing my 1986 Fiero GT 4 speed I had. Looking for a similar car. Located in East Tennessee or vicinity. Not wanting to spend a ton of cash but would prefer it was complete. Does not need to run but would prefer it was all there. I REALLY want a four speed car again with a sunroof. Planning on the 3800 turbo swap eventually so it is probably going to get pulled out whatever is in the engine bay now anyway LOL. Been working in a local race shop fabricating turbo manifolds and doing a lot of machine work and I am anxious to get back to building my dream car. Anyway enough dreaming if you have a decently clean Fiero Gt that is NOT all rusted up for a reasonable price let me know and send some pics. I would also consider an 85 model GT or SE as long as it has 4 speed and sunroof/wing. Been looking locally and have not found anything decent. Thanks and Peace

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
CNC Machining and prototyping
Maryville, Tennessee
A&N Precision Machine on Facebook!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does your company manufacture products with threads? I am now working for a company that sells gages to check threads. Now about your car. There seems to be alot of cars for sale now. Seems like there were a few Rollers that would be perfect for your swap.
WHEELIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WHEELIEClick Here to visit WHEELIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to WHEELIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My old 85 gt is in robbinsville, 4 speed, I think sunroof. I won't say it's nice but is all there and was running a few years ago then clutch went out. Transmission will need work slips out of gear, cradle is rusty but I have one I will give you. I hate to see it rust away. I think about 500 or best offer could get it. Call wheelers performance motorcycle shop
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wheelie,
That is not far from me at all. Do you have any pictures of the car? I can certainly take a ride over there. Just the other side of the tail of the dragon from me actually.

Solotwo I do indeed make threads, threadmilling, single point CNC lathe threading, tapping etc. Hopefully I can find a nice one that I can build into something fun to drive to car shows etc. Thanks man..

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking....

Pete

------------------

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

Tuna Helper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car in my avatar I will sell, I know Fort Wayne is a bit of a drive for a car, but it already has a SC3800 and a four speed with a new clutch. Tires are like new Michelins. Also has an aftermarket sunroof. It isn't perfect and hardly pretty, but it's pretty solid. I've got too much stuff and just want to unload some of it. I can get better pictures later if you want. I'd like $2500 for it, I might do a trade of some sort.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tuna,
That does sound like a decent deal if it already has the motor/tranny combo I want. I JUST drove up to Chicago northeast to watch my son graduate from Navy Basic training facility and that was a LONG trip and I could not believe how bad the roads were LOL. I may have found an 87 GT manual tranny sunroof car in Georgia waiting on some more pics. It has a blown motor tho but I am going to swap anyway. Do you have a link to a build thread somewhere? Thanks for the offer

Pete

------------------

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a gentle bump

Pete

------------------

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

Tuna Helper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, I don't have a build thread, I bought it with the swap already done, but I have had to rewire the engine, build a new torque arm, and reinforce the trunk wall. I have a thread from when I rewired it.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-2-116048.html
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tuna I will look at it but I still think it is a bit to far away. I just got back from Oak Ridge Tennessee to look at a sorta beat up looking Fiero Se tonight. The guy said it was his daughter's car and she had a small wreck when she ran it up under the back of a pickup truck. the damage did not look too terrible and the price was low so I took a chance and drove up there to see it. As feared and like a few others I have seen the frame rails out back and the entire trunk were completely rusted away. I told the guy he would be best to just start parting out the car to get the most cash out of it. I drove away feeling kinda sad for the car. That is the second Fiero Notchie V6 that I have seen pushed up into the damn trees to rot away a slow death. I will never understand why people do this with ANY car let alone a Fiero. If you don't have the time/money to work on the car or the desire to try sell it or part it out but don't leave it out there to ROT away... It is a sad thing to see for me. But Oh well it is the reality of people around my area.

Still looking for a decent builder car here that is reasonably cheap. There are some down in Atlanta area that look reasonable but I have not driven down there yet to see em. Maybe I will take a ride this weekend or something. Peace

Pete

------------------

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know it's far away, but please come get it so I can get it out of my head! Argh!!

http://www.autotrader.com/c...ngId=408543313&Log=0
PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ooh that is a pretty one. Really was hoping to find something needing a little bit of work for a low price locally. Been looking for something decent but most are junk around here. There is a lady that has a decently clean red 85GT that has NO rust that I could find anywhere but the car sits outside all the time in their driveway so the paint is faded badly. The car runs and drives and fires right up. Only reason I have not offered cash for it is that it is an automatic.

Pete

------------------

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bumparoonie!

Pete

------------------

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

xeforce

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xeforceSend a Private Message to xeforceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumpin' away..

Pete

------------------

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2015 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rebump!

Pete

------------------

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave