Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  My Yellow Fiero is now for sale. Seriously! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My Yellow Fiero is now for sale. Seriously! by yellowstone
Started on: 09-14-2015 11:21 AM
Replies: 77 (4186 views)
Last post by: j bf1 on 10-25-2015 04:13 PM
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2015 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Music sounded fine in the video.

However, the ambient audio of the engine was compressed to death! What happened?

I think that may be I shot the video with my phone. I used very little compression when editing the video but YouTube compresses a lot when uploading...
IP: Logged
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2015 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by pgackeman:

Any chance you'd take a nice '88 GT as a partial trade?

No, sorry... I may get a classic car next, 1950's or 60's.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2015 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

I think that may be I shot the video with my phone. I used very little compression when editing the video but YouTube compresses a lot when uploading...

I've uploaded lots of videos to YouTube, and YouTube's re-compression doesn't totally destroy quality audio. That's why the music in your video sounds great. The ambient audio in your video sounds like it's been recorded at a very low bit rate. It's possible your phone (and/or its settings) messed up the audio, but the actual video portion was recorded just fine.

Anyway, the weird sounding ambient audio isn't going to make or break the sale of your Fiero. It's a beautiful car!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2015 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've uploaded lots of videos to YouTube, and YouTube's re-compression doesn't totally destroy quality audio. That's why the music in your video sounds great. The ambient audio in your video sounds like it's been recorded at a very low bit rate. It's possible your phone (and/or its settings) messed up the audio, but the actual video portion was recorded just fine.

Anyway, the weird sounding ambient audio isn't going to make or break the sale of your Fiero. It's a beautiful car!

Well, I just listened to it on my tablet and the engine sound is fine... ???

The music sounds better because it wasn't recorded with the phone but edited in from an MP3 file...
pgackeman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2015 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pgackemanSend a Private Message to pgackemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, sorry... I may get a classic car next, 1950's or 60's.

May I suggest a Studebaker convertible?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2015 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I just listened to it on my tablet and the engine sound is fine... ???

Got some big honkin' speakers connected to your tablet?

The ambient audio has that weird "swirly" sound that highly compressed audio has. It's difficult to describe.

I suspect most people won't even notice it. I do though, probably because once I learned what to listen for, my enjoyment of recorded/compressed music/audio became much more of a challenge.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-22-2015).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2015 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BTW, whoever purchases my car gets a stock Fiero dash in great shape for free...

http://yellowfiero.com/fier...old/040702/index.php
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for my bud and one of the best Fieros out there!
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Down payment received, sale pending.
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-02-2015 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to see your car up for sale. Wish I could buy your car, but just purchased one recently. Your car has been a great guideline when it comes to modification. I printed your list of modifications in case you plan to shut down your website in the near future.

If you don't mind answering three questions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

1. What brand did you use for "Park distance control with display in rear view mirror"?

2. How's your alarm system "Crime Guard 533i"? Would you still recommend it?

3. Love those rear tail circle lights. Black Top Racing is a brand?

Hope you won't leave Fiero Forum anytime soon when you start a new project on 50's or 60's vehicle. What classic car do you have in mind?
Thanks,

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 10-03-2015).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2015 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Vice:

1. What brand did you use for "Park distance control with display in rear view mirror"?

I don't remember. It was generic, I think. Today, I would use a wireless rear view camera instead.

Originally posted by Fiero Vice:2. How's your alarm system "Crime Guard 533i"? Would you still recommend it?

I think it's very much out of date today. It is a solid system that works, though. I mainly like the remote door lock/unlock.

Originally posted by Fiero Vice:3. Love those rear tail circle lights. Black Top Racing is a brand?

Google is your friend: http://www.blacktop.racing/

The taillights are Hella LED rings and the installation into the stock Fiero taillight housing is a custom job, see here: http://yellowfiero.com/fier...march-2012/index.php
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2015 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Google is your friend: http://www.blacktop.racing/

The taillights are Hella LED rings and the installation into the stock Fiero taillight housing is a custom job, see here: http://yellowfiero.com/fier...march-2012/index.php

Yellowstone, thank you for answering my questions. Much appreciated.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My most favorite car ever.
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-10-2015 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

Out of curious, why do some put battery upfront? I can understand space issue when installing V8. But with V6, any reasons that would benefit us Fiero owners other than space issue?
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Out of curious, why do some put battery upfront?

Three main reasons I can think of. First is balance. Being a mid engine car, most of the weight is towards the rear. Putting a 50# battery up front helps (even if it's just by a little bit). Second, is for clearance with anything but the Iron Duke. I "only" have a naturally aspirated 3800 in my Fiero but with the battery in the stock location, it's a tight fit in that area. I have everything to move my battery up front but haven't gotten around to it yet. That will give me a LOT more space. Third, rust. The battery tray tends to rust pretty badly due to both trapped water and leaking battery acid. No way you can see the rust until the battery tray fails and the battery falls into the drive belt (which in turn gouges a nice hole in the battery spewing battery acid everywhere).

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 10-10-2015).]

Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2015 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Three main reasons I can think of. First is balance. Being a mid engine car, most of the weight is towards the rear. Putting a 50# battery up front helps (even if it's just by a little bit). Second, is for clearance with anything but the Iron Duke. I "only" have a naturally aspirated 3800 in my Fiero but with the battery in the stock location, it's a tight fit in that area. I have everything to move my battery up front but haven't gotten around to it yet. That will give me a LOT more space. Third, rust. The battery tray tends to rust pretty badly due to both trapped water and leaking battery acid. No way you can see the rust until the battery tray fails and the battery falls into the drive belt (which in turn gouges a nice hole in the battery spewing battery acid everywhere).

Thanks, Monkeyman, for answering my question. Really appreciate that. Others often ignored newer members’ questions. Really, it’s nice to help each other & can go a long way.

Now, it makes sense. Actually, I noticed MR2 did the same thing in their design, putting battery upfront below the spare tire location. Wonder where Yellowstone put his in front. Couldn't tell from his video since the front is covered with a thin rubber & Fiero design on it. The cover for both front & rear is for decoration, right?

I'm learning as I go along. Even though I had my first Fiero in late 80's when I was in high school/college, I've been out of Fiero market for so long & decided to purchase another one recently. Now, I see all those new info. So I gotta ask all those dumb questions so I can learn & catch up. Haha

Out of curious, Which battery conversion kit are the best to buy to hook up the engine from front? Sounds like a challenge to me. I will have to add that to my list of to do for my Fiero. Again, thanks!

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 10-11-2015).]

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2015 05:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wonder where Yellowstone put his in front. Couldn't tell from his video since the front is covered with a thin rubber & Fiero design on it. The cover for both front & rear is for decoration, right?

Out of curious, Which battery conversion kit are the best to buy to hook up the engine from front? Sounds like a challenge to me.

All of the Fiero battery relocation kits are pretty similar, as far as I know. Home made, V8Archie (which I have), etc are all basically a cube cut diagonally. Cut a matching hole in the plastic tub (that the spare tire fits in) and install the mount. Run your choice of battery cables from there to the original locations on the motor, etc and you're done. There have been a couple of members who have made up some nice battery cables specifically for this but I don't know if any of them are still doing that. I have a pair of positive cables from a '90s Bonneville (can't remember the year but it had the battery under the rear seat...do a search here). Relatively simple job. Run the new battery cables through some plastic pipe (to keep them from sagging and getting caught on something) from the front to the back.

As far as the covers. They're just decoration. Nice way to hide all the misc stuff nobody wants to see (spare tire, master cylinder, brake lines, etc in front and misc tools, etc in the back).
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2015 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So I gotta ask all those dumb questions so I can learn & catch up. Haha

It's probably best not to be doing too much of that in someone's Mall posting. Use the tech forums, or the Search function.

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2015 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's probably best not to be doing too much of that in someone's Mall posting. Use the tech forums, or the Search function.

But of course, I wasn't planning on going into greater details. Remember, your previous comments discussed about video sounding techniques which has nothing to do with the sale of Yellowstone's car either. Yet, no one is complaining.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 10-11-2015).]

Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2015 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Vice

732 posts
Member since Jun 2015

All of the Fiero battery relocation kits are pretty similar, as far as I know. Home made, V8Archie (which I have), etc are all basically a cube cut diagonally. Cut a matching hole in the plastic tub (that the spare tire fits in) and install the mount. Run your choice of battery cables from there to the original locations on the motor, etc and you're done. There have been a couple of members who have made up some nice battery cables specifically for this but I don't know if any of them are still doing that. I have a pair of positive cables from a '90s Bonneville (can't remember the year but it had the battery under the rear seat...do a search here). Relatively simple job. Run the new battery cables through some plastic pipe (to keep them from sagging and getting caught on something) from the front to the back.

As far as the covers. They're just decoration. Nice way to hide all the misc stuff nobody wants to see (spare tire, master cylinder, brake lines, etc in front and misc tools, etc in the back).

Again, Monkeyman, many thanks for your advice. I'll do some more research when I get a chance. I hope you don't mind if I pm you if I have any further questions. Thank you! I better stop about this subject.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2015 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to see this go.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 10-11-2015).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2015 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Remember, your previous comments discussed about video sounding techniques which has nothing to do with the sale of Yellowstone's car either.

In this thread, I was in discussion with Yellowstone about a video he made which was being used to help market his car.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2015 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tend to agree that we shouldn't hijack the sale thread with other stuff (and I apologize for my part) but in this case, I don't think it matters as I think YS said that the car was sold.
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2015 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In this thread, I was in discussion with Yellowstone about a video he made which was being used to help market his car.

In true term of sales threads rules, discussing video sounding techniques is still off subject which should be discussed thru PM messages only. It has nothing to do with sale inquire which should be limited to interested parties only.

If you think discussing it on a sale thread is okay, then my subject of battery location should be okay as well. Cuz there may be interested parties that may not be aware that YS’s battery is located upfront as not shown on video. YS’s list of modifications doesn’t show every detail that was done to his beautiful Fiero. If any, it would help to solidify his asking price.

Anyhow, we all bend the rules at one point or another. If you still disagree, it’s okay. No harm done!

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 10-12-2015).]

Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2015 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Vice

732 posts
Member since Jun 2015

I tend to agree that we shouldn't hijack the sale thread with other stuff (and I apologize for my part) but in this case, I don't think it matters as I think YS said that the car was sold.

Well said!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2015 04:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

<snip>

Maybe you should spend some time in O/T. You seem to have a lot to say for yourself.

Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2015 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe you should spend some time in O/T. You seem to have a lot to say for yourself.

Sorry you feel this way!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2015 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wonder where Yellowstone put his in front.

I used the battery relocation tray from Norms Fiberglass:

Originally posted by Fiero Vice:Couldn't tell from his video since the front is covered with a thin rubber & Fiero design on it. The cover for both front & rear is for decoration, right?

Yes.

Originally posted by Fiero Vice:Which battery conversion kit are the best to buy to hook up the engine from front?

I don't think there's a complete kit. I just bought enough battery cable and ran two aluminum tubes along the underside of the car and routed the cables through that.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2015 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Yellowstone, for the pic of your battery location. Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread. As a newer member, I thought I was doing you a favor by bumping your thread.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 11-01-2015).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2015 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received payment today to it's definitely SOLD! Just waiting for a shipping company to pick it up now...

I had owned it for almost exactly half of my life...
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2015 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Received payment today to it's definitely SOLD! Just waiting for a shipping company to pick it up now...

Sorry to see that you sold the car, but congratulations on making the sale. I always loved what you did to the interior. Which region of the country is the car heading to? Please encourage the new owner to become a Pennock's member and to wear kevlar undies if he/she decides to visit the OT section of the forum.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

Sorry to see that you sold the car, but congratulations on making the sale. I always loved what you did to the interior. Which region of the country is the car heading to? Please encourage the new owner to become a Pennock's member and to wear kevlar undies if he/she decides to visit the OT section of the forum.

Pittsburgh, PA. He's a lurker here, he told me about reading this thread and having a laugh!

I checked that he's an atheist communist first, of course, so that he could carry on the true legacy.... NOT.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man Yellowstone, that really took guts. Not the way it was sold but just that you sold it. I have truly enjoyed watching it morph over the years.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 10-21-2015).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:
I have truly enjoyed watching it morph over the years.

So have I...

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congratulations on the sale. The car was very nicely done. Just goes to prove that there is a market for customized and special interest Fieros. Is it going to Canada, a state in the USA or back overseas?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Congratulations on the sale. The car was very nicely done. Just goes to prove that there is a market for customized and special interest Fieros.

Sure there is, when losing a lot of money is not a problem...

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:Is it going to Canada, a state in the USA or back overseas?

Pittsburgh, PA. To a guy who's been following this car since 2004.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2015 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The end...

j bf1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2015 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The end...

So happy for ya....what's next?

------------------
~John

'88 GT 5spd White/Beechwood (modded)
'00 Corvette vert. 6spd Yellow/Black (lightly modded)
'05 Colorado Xtreme Black/Graphite
'13 CanAm Spyder ST-S SE5 Pearl Yellow (modded)

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock