Started on: 09-12-2015 04:11 PM
Replies: 8 (195 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 09-14-2015 09:42 PM
Threedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car I got did not have any cables passed brake lever. If you have ANY spare cables for ANY part of the system I will buy them and pay shipping!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

The Fiero Store has them...

http://www.fierostore.com/Product/Search.aspx?p=1

Well now I feel dumb. Although if anyone wants to sell them for less than $80..
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a pair from Bruin. They sell on ebay and Amazon.

http://stores.ebay.com/Brui...es?_dmd=2&_nkw=fiero
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do a little research and track down the dealer TSB on the brake systems. The TSB lists all part numbers for GM OE parts, including the PAIR plus the main cable (instead of three transactions, the left and right could be bought together). I went this route and scored all 3 cables, NOS, on eBay, from sellers who didn't even know what they were for. Paid less than $50 shipped. Main cable included the clip. You may need to locate an equalizer though I believe dorman makes one. I believe the TSB was for the faulty clutch mechanism in the rear calipers and covered cable replacement if necessary. Next step? Replace rear calipers. The ebrake always failed because people didn't use them enough. New cables won't likely give you functional ebrakes. Best of luck!
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have all 3 brake cables that I bought from Bruin Brake Cables.
They look exactly OEM.
I bought them for my 86, but I ended up scrapping that car.

I've been told that they won't work on my 88.
I can get you pictures if you would like.
fieroaddicted

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought all 3 of mine from rock auto for my 87 gt and they fit fine. Very inexpensive as well
troy
Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, did some research and picked everything up for about $40.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Threedog:

The car I got did not have any cables passed brake lever. If you have ANY spare cables for ANY part of the system I will buy them and pay shipping!

What year is your car? The cables are different for 88. I had an 88 for 12 years. I always bought AC Delco cables. I have a left and right on my shelf waiting to go on my current car.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock