Started on: 08-31-2015 10:41 AM
Replies: 20 (1412 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 11-16-2015 08:33 PM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With all the reports of people experiencing bad deliveries of swap harnesses these days, I thought that it was about time to share my source.
Its a 100% reliable source and the owner of the shop, is honest, and does impeccable work. The wiring from this source is best that I have ever seen, the fit is absolutely perfect and all new connectors and wires are used. (except for some obsolete connectors like the C500) The price is about the same as you would see from the "kitchen table" guys but its a far superior product without splices.
The guys name is Phil Dull and he is the new owner of a company by the name of Injection Technology that was originally owned by Jim Dees who is now retired. Phil was his main harness technician and all this company does is to make automotive wiring harnesses full time in a shop set up especially for this task.
The old Injection Technology website is currently down and a new one is being worked on but you can reach Phil Dull at Injection Technology at 501-216-7350. He is in Little Rock Arkansas. They also build LT1, LS1, Camaro, Corvette, and 4.9L Cadillac swap harnesses. End the disappointment with unreliable sources and give Phil a call.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 08-31-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome Dennis!
Finally another source for swap harnesses!

Many will be thrilled to hear this great news!

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"My mind spins like helicopter blades." -G. Rossdale
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
3800sc series 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

[This message has been edited by Lou and Blue (edited 08-31-2015).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou and Blue:

Awesome Dennis!
Finally another source for swap harnesses!

Many will be thrilled to hear this great news!

Lou, I don't always have all the answers, but I have always said that if you can't share the hobby with others then its no fun. I can't count the number of people that have helped me over the year on this forum, so I feel an obligation to help out sharing sources and info whenever I can. Hope that you soon get the ticking issue solved and that we will see you at Carlisle next year.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big Thanks to Dennis!
Robertzep2

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robertzep2Send a Private Message to Robertzep2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice share Dennis!

Website seems to work and they list the Fiero 3800SC Harness on the prices page.
http://www.injectiontechnology.com/
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robertzep2:

Nice share Dennis!

Website seems to work and they list the Fiero 3800SC Harness on the prices page.
http://www.injectiontechnology.com/

That is the old website when the company was run by Jim Dees. The company was purchased by Phil Dull a few months ago and he's in the process of getting a new website together, Meanwhile you can reach Phil at the phone number provided in the first post. It was Phil that did much of the harness work in that shop, so when Jim retired, the successor was Phil. This was the shop that supplied all of the 4.9L swap harnesses when Ed Parks at the Fiero Factory was doing those swaps. They made quite a few F-Body harnesses too. The 3800 harnesses came a bit later but there are many of them out there. Its like a Painless Wiring operation.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Robertzep2

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robertzep2Send a Private Message to Robertzep2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the correction Dennis. I did notice the phone number was different. I should have PM'ed you to avoid confusion. Again thanks for the share.
Ryanap333

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2015 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ryanap333Send a Private Message to Ryanap333Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got off the phone with Phil. If everything goes well I should have my harness by the end of next week. Hes supplying all the parts since i have no harnesses to send him. Unfortunately he doest reprogram computers. Who do you recommend to supply a reprogrammed computer?
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2015 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ryanap333:

Just got off the phone with Phil. If everything goes well I should have my harness by the end of next week. Hes supplying all the parts since i have no harnesses to send him. Unfortunately he doesn't reprogram computers. Who do you recommend to supply a reprogrammed computer?

Phill Dull owns an automotive harness making business and doesn't get involved with PCM's. Ryan at Sinister is as reliable as they come for PCM's and he will return your calls, emails and PM's. . If you are buying a completely new harness, I would allow Phil a few days more, since he needs to hunt down the obsolete and hard to come by C500 connector. Be sure to specify if the harness is for an automatic or a manual. Phil usually charges $700 for a swap harness if you supply your old FIero and GTP harness. I would imagine that all new harness is more expensive but outside of the C500 he should have every connector and all wire colors in his shop.
Let us all know how the swap harness turns out.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

RMOR235

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2015 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RMOR235Send a Private Message to RMOR235Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this has fallen to me from heaven i have been searching a long time and keep hearing horror stories about wiring harnesses and i have been skeptical about ordering but this sounds fantastic
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2015 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis this is awesome news... Even better if I can get one made so I can have one whenever I get around to doing the swap.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PFF
System Bot
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2015 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Phill Dull owns an automotive harness making business and doesn't get involved with PCM's. Ryan at Sinister is as reliable as they come for PCM's and he will return your calls, emails and PM's. . If you are buying a completely new harness, I would allow Phil a few days more, since he needs to hunt down the obsolete and hard to come by C500 connector. Be sure to specify if the harness is for an automatic or a manual. Phil usually charges $700 for a swap harness if you supply your old FIero and GTP harness. I would imagine that all new harness is more expensive but outside of the C500 he should have every connector and all wire colors in his shop.
Let us all know how the swap harness turns out.

Dennis, was the C500 connector used on other GM cars, or is fiero specific?

Good news for fiero 3800 swap builders.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2015 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

Dennis, was the C500 connector used on other GM cars, or is fiero specific?

Good news for fiero 3800 swap builders.

The C500 was used on a few 1980's GM cars and Jeeps but it was discontinued a while ago. Last I spoke to Phil he does not have these connectors and cannot order them. If you have Phil manufacture a wiring harness for you, its best to send your harnesses along. It will lower the cost of assembly and save him time (and you money) hunting to locate the C500 at the junkyards. BTW, the firewall harness grommet is also hard to find. Time will tell, but it looks like Phil, the new owner of Injection Technology, will be the reliable swap harness supplier that we have been waiting for. If you order a harness from him, be very specific in what you need. For instance my harness came with a VATS defeat circuit built in. I do that function at the PCM program so its not needed but Phil included it. No harm done but adding that frequency generator circuit adds cost.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2015 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody buy a Harness from this guy yet? Experiences with ordering a harness would be great if anyone's got one yet. Thanks
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFastBackL67:

Anybody buy a Harness from this guy yet? Experiences with ordering a harness would be great if anyone's got one yet. Thanks

I have an Injectech harness and am speaking from experience. Quality is excellent, workmanship is top notch. If you deal with Phil just be specific in what you want.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I have an Injectech harness and am speaking from experience. Quality is excellent, workmanship is top notch. If you deal with Phil just be specific in what you want.

Thank you Dennis.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2015 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL I have been using IT products since back in the 4.9 swap days. I have had ZERO problems with their harnesses in 10yrs. You get what you pay for.
78_elky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2015 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 78_elkySend a Private Message to 78_elkyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there any source for schematics if maybe someone wanted to just build their own harness? I've done it before for my LSx swap in my El Camino and there is a ton of info out there for that, but haven't had much luck searching for a the 3800 info yet.
Jess
Darth Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, good to know. I'm planning to do the 3800 SC swap on my car, and looking through the mall, it's getting easier to find the most crucial pieces that I don't have the time, knowledge, or equipment to do myself. Thanks for the info!
crashmydaytona

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2015 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis do you think this guy would be interested in a group buy? Seems like someone is always looking for a harness. I would probably be in for 2 if we could get a deal. Just wondering.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crashmydaytona:

Dennis do you think this guy would be interested in a group buy? Seems like someone is always looking for a harness. I would probably be in for 2 if we could get a deal. Just wondering.

I don't believe that a group buy would work. Each 3800SC swap is a bit unique. First off there is the auto swap and the stick swap. There there is the owner that wants the A/C set up as in the stock Fiero and the one that wants the harness made to accommodate the GTP A/C control using the PCM and a refrigerant pressure sensor. Then there are other options; EGR, EGR delete, Boost solenoid, Boost solenoid delete. Some owners as myself use the 99 Astro alternator, others use stock Fiero, while others use the Grand Prix alternator. Last there are the 95-02 engines that use EV3 fuel injector connectors and the 03-up that use EV6 fuel injector connectors, but the main difference is the PCM chosen. Depending on year of the 3800 to be swapped, the PCM pinouts are different. Coil pack locations can also vary from swap to swap.
Point is that the way 3800 swaps are done, harnesses need to be custom .
If you want 2 of the same harness, call Phil and ask if he could give a slight discount. Its worth a try.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock