Started on: 08-16-2015 07:31 PM
Replies: 4 (546 views)
Last post by: silver 85 sc on 08-24-2015 09:44 AM
edhering

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The time has come, sadly, for me to get out of the Fiero game.

As she sits right now, the car is essentially a barn find. The car sat in my garage for four years after the EGR pipe broke. Before that she sat for several years without being driven because of monetary constraints. This past week I reassembled the fuel and intake system and put in a replacement EGR pipe; she started up almost immediately and runs like a top.

The good:

Silver bumperpad car, entirely unmodified. The only thing in it which is not stock is the stereo, and the OE stereo comes with the car. Rear window was tinted by original owner.
Two-owner car, a few hundred miles shy of 65,000 miles.
Car has been garage-kept for all but about a year of its life.
Includes several spare parts, including belts, a water pump, a distributor, three sets of fuel injectors, and some other miscellanious bits and pieces.
Engine runs very, very well and starts immediately.

The bad:

As the car sits now, the brake system has some air in it. It just needs bleeding and Ogre's rear brake adjustment procedure.
Parking brake switch stuck "on", so the "blue dingy thingy" is laying on the passenger side floor. Parking brake cables need replacing. The driver's side front caliper may need replacing.
The engine needs an oil change and timing adjustment. There's a slight hesitation when stepping on the gas, but plenty of power.
The interior is in fine shape, marred only by a tear in the driver's seat at the hinge, a stain on the floor; and the headliner is sagging in spots. Stereo surround has some slight warpage.
Tires are vintage 2003.
Battery tray needs replacing.
She has a few cosmetic issues outside. Decklid grills have weathered, and rub strip in back is showing some yellow. A few scuffs/scratches.
Car needs a good cleaning.

The ugly:

...I just got the thing running and now I have to sell it. But let's face it: I haven't had the time or the energy to do very much with this car for six, seven years, and it would be much better for me to let her go to someone who will shine her up and take her to shows and enjoy her. I haven't been to any Fiero events since Fierorama in 2005, and haven't even gone to a cruise night in a similar amount of time.

I'm asking $2750 for the car, or best offer. Pics to follow in a later post.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Glen87

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Glen87Send a Private Message to Glen87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So the big question. Is it a manual or an automatic???
What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking at his previous posts: 1985 SE V6 auto

[This message has been edited by What about Bob (edited 08-18-2015).]

edhering

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2015 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, yes: it's an automatic. No power windows or power locks.

Also, I forgot that the cruise control servo needs replacing.

And I promised pics; here they are:

Price is negotiable, of course, but this car is really in very good condition.

Ed

EDIT: she's dusty because I haven't had time to wash her.

Incidentally, I showed this car at Fierorama in 2004 and 2005, and at the first three Heartland Fieros shows. The car won 3rd place in "stock notchback" class at the first HF show.

[This message has been edited by edhering (edited 08-23-2015).]

silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks exactly like my old '85 that I had for over 20 years! She died of cancer a few years ago and I really miss her. I would sell both of mine to get another silver 85 in nice condition. The only difference I can detect is mine was a four cylinder sport coupe. I would take it off of your hands but I have no room to keep it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock