86 notchie with 3.4 DOHC by bonaduce
Started on: 08-02-2015 08:52 AM
Replies: 25 (1589 views)
Last post by: mugsman on 05-19-2016 02:20 PM
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2015 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PART OUT THREAD STARTED

SALE ENDED LOOK FOR PART OUT THREAD

This is a 1986 that I have been tinkering with for the last 11 years. It started out as a 2.5 stock notchie, 5 speed. I have put the GT bumbers on, giving it a sunroof and installed a 3.4 DOHC engine. Being a northeast car many will know about rust issues, I replaced the floor pan on the passenger side and then fiberglassed it in. Engine has all new timing internals, from GM. Harness was made by Eric (member), ECM don by Ryan (Darth). Polly bushigs in rear control arms as well as cradle bushings. Trunk was cut out to make room for exhaust, 3 in, 2.5 out Dynomax for a camaro, no cat. Car was painted a Porsche gray in my garage by a local votec kid who wanted something to practice on so it is not perfect. Car does run and move, I am just not happy with it so I am selling it as a "project" not yet finished. Asking $750.00 firm for it. I still have the original 2.5 which has been bored .30 over and rebuilt as well as harness and ECM.

dan

[This message has been edited by bonaduce (edited 06-09-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Horse

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2015 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HorseSend a Private Message to HorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where is the car located?

bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2015 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry forgot to list car is located in Johnstown, NY
Darksyde

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2015 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it street legal? If it isnt what does it need to be street legal? I know I shouldnt as I have a fiero with no isses, but I miss having an LQ1.

------------------

87' Fiero SE
93' EB Bronco lifted with 35's
03' BMW X5 (died in shop fire)

bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes it is street legal, there is no cat installed. Ebrake cables would need to be hooked up.

dan
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything done besides the swap? Would you trust it to drive cross state?
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As it has only ran in my driveway, no I would not trust it drive across the state. It runs great for about 35-40 minutes and then develops a skip, that I haven't been able to figure out. Other things done include new shocks and struts, aftermarket oil pressure sensor, rebuilt headlight motors, shortened shifter, 120 mph cluster, gas tank has been sealed and new straps and t-bolts installed, rodney clutch line installed.

dan
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well **** .....:-/
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2015 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump, 10 days then to crusher

dan
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2015 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might have some interest in 4 cyl engine, would you be willing to crate and ship?
PFF
System Bot
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2015 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would probably be cost prohibitive to ship it.

dan
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nephew wanted car before crusher date so I gave it to him, his mother then said no and it wound up back with me for the winter. Skip has been solved, new ICM and coils and wires and plugs. After storing outside (1st time since I owned it), she starter right up and was put back into the garage. Brakes are extremely slushy. New price is 750 firm, it is worth more in parts than that. Today is 4/20 if not gone b 5/20 I will be parting it out using the local pick-n-pull price sheet.

http://www.vincesupullit.com/2002prices/

dan

tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will I have to pay the $1 admission and get my hand stamped?

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt, no you won't have to pay a $1 to enter the garage, lol.

dan
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump, 15 days left to buy as whole car, after that parts will be available.

dan
chrissin712

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonaduce:

bump, 15 days left to buy as whole car, after that parts will be available.

dan

Is the car road worthy? Or need to be trailered?
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would trailer it, it has never been on the road since I have done the swap, only ran in garage and driveway.

dan
rkirkpatrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rkirkpatrickSend a Private Message to rkirkpatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have the 2.5 engine wiring harness?

You said you rebuilt it?

How much for the wire harness?

------------------
86 5 speed 2.5 Iron Duke
Notchback.

bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes I have the original 2.5 harness, I rebuilt the 2.5 engine, not the harness. The price sheet has wiring harness listed at $48.79, I'll do $40.00 + shipping

dan
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, I really don't NEED any more Fiero's, but this looks interesting. Can you email me some photos and more info?
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
onesexyfiero you know you need it just like i needed the one i bought off you lol
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2016 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for final week.

dan
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2016 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
was hoping to be able to save this car but i just dont have the cash on hand unless i get some big job in the next few days
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SALE ENDED LOOK FOR PART OUT THREAD
mugsman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mugsmanSend a Private Message to mugsmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still interested in your wiring harness. let me know if it's still available
Thanks

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock