Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  IRM Intermitent wipe correction Device $25 Phantom Wipe Gost Wipe Fix (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
IRM Intermitent wipe correction Device $25 Phantom Wipe Gost Wipe Fix by Chief
Started on: 07-06-2015 02:42 PM
Replies: 181 (5763 views)
Last post by: Chief on 01-28-2022 05:39 PM
USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2018 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I only ever got the phantom wipe one time. But, I figured for $25, why not put this in? Doesn't hurt anything . . .
IP: Logged
Chief

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2018 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Chief (edited 01-28-2022).]

Flying_Dan

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2018 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flying_DanSend a Private Message to Flying_DanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Replaced the switch and arm and every once in a while, I'll get a wipe. Ugh.

Payment sent.
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2018 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yamaha94

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2018 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a great fix!

to make sure you need this fix - rebuild your windshield wiper pulse board by replacing all the capacitors or buy the new dorman replacement. If you still get the wipe - then buy this kit it will fix the problem!
Flying_Dan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2018 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flying_DanSend a Private Message to Flying_DanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed the product after replacing both the switch and arm and no more phantom wipes!

Thank you Chief for making a product that supports our cars.
Freshj

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2018 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FreshjSend a Private Message to FreshjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never had any Phantom wipe until my delay board fried, and I replaced it with a new production Dorman brand board. Now I get one ever single time I turn on the ignition. Will this product fix that type of phantom wipe?

------------------

Red 88GT Auto "MrDrift"

Flying_Dan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2018 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flying_DanSend a Private Message to Flying_DanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it fixed my wipe every time I turned the ignition on.
Horse

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2018 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HorseSend a Private Message to HorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This device has worked for me every time, I buy them in quantity and use them on 84 to 94 s10 trucks, blazer, sonoma, jimmy and fieros. The wiper board is not the only issue. I use this device first, it is a quick install and usually takes care of the wipe problem without having to replace the board. Once in a great while the caps are fried on the board but that is rare. Chief is a great vendor with fast shipping and excellent service; every vendor should be this good!

[This message has been edited by Horse (edited 08-10-2018).]

Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2018 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to all for your kind comments they are much appreciated.
Chief
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2018 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2018 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I get a phantom wipe just about every single time I use the turn signal. Probably a bad stalk, but just have not been motivated eough lately to try to install another one

I installed your device today, and it took all of 5 minutes. Everything tucks under the plastic cover / sunroof wind deflector mount and it can not be seen once you put that back in place. I took the car for a drive, and used the turn signal MANY times, not one single phantom wipe! THANK YOU!

Without divulging too much, how the heck does this thing work? Before I installed it, I thought maybe it was some sort of delay timer. However, I can press the arm to spray the washer, or turn the wipers on, and it instantly starts the wipers.
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2018 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[.

boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2018 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ignored this till I got a ghost wipe the other day.

I'd like to get one, if available.
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2018 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
T.

Revoevom

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2018 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RevoevomSend a Private Message to RevoevomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bump for a great product.
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2018 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PatrickTRoof

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2019 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you still have any? I just replaced the wiper switch, so the turn signal wipe is gone, but now I have the wipe when I turn the key on.
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2019 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Item fixed this issue immediately, and I am grateful. The speed of service from Chief is top notch and very professional. Thank you!
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2019 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in need. Are you still making these?

Thank you
Thomas
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2019 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Thomas

4662 posts
Member since Jul 2005
Payment sent

Thank You

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
1988 Fiero Formula
2018 Ford Ecosport Ecoboost
2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
FieroNews Windshield Banners
FieroNews Hoodies and T-Shirts

PFF
System Bot
Chief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2022 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GO HERE FOR THE UPDATED POST

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay