Muncie 4 speed trans &ecu by Scott2scott
Started on: 07-06-2015 05:32 AM
Replies: 28 (763 views)
Last post by: Lou and Blue on 10-16-2015 07:40 PM
Scott2scott

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2015 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a munice 4 speed manual trans and mounts with 51,000 miles From a florida car. Also has vss and ecu .
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
beein98

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2015 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beein98Send a Private Message to beein98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just broke the tranny in my 85 GT and might be VERY interested!! Where are you selling the tranny from? and how much do you want for it?
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2015 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im in florida like it says . And im looking for around $220
Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2015 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have purchased many parts from Scott. His parts are better than described and he's awesome to deal with. I'd definitely recommend doing business with him. I've heard of using Greyhound for shipping parts like a tranny. You might want to put it in a plastic tote, secure it and check out this method of shipping. Good luck.
raptor_vrscx

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2015 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for raptor_vrscxSend a Private Message to raptor_vrscxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Adjustso3:

I have purchased many parts from Scott. His parts are better than described and he's awesome to deal with. I'd definitely recommend doing business with him.

+1
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2015 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scott is AWESOME ! Love you man !!!

Such a nice guy !!! Really goes out of this way to help !!

Scotty, I would suggest holding on to the trans though in case you bust yours with that viscious 3800.
I have a spare in my shed for just that reason.

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"My mind spins like helicopter blades." -G. Rossdale
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
3800sc series 2 swap in progress--IT'S ALIVE !!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2015 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FWIW, I purchased a Getrag that was at DarthFieros's, and had it shipped to suburban Atlanta. (FedEx... business to residence.) Was just over $100.
YMMV, but it may be worth looking into.
beein98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2015 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beein98Send a Private Message to beein98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scott, do you have any clue how much it would be to have it shipped to NE Missouri?
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2015 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no clue . But if u give me your zip code ill try to figure it out
beein98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beein98Send a Private Message to beein98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
beein98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beein98Send a Private Message to beein98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

beein98

17 posts
Member since Jul 2015
forgive me but what is the vss and ecu
PFF
System Bot
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The vss is the vehicle speed sensor that bolts in the trans tells ur speedometer how fastyour going. And ecu is the computer unde the arm rest that controls cars stuff. But the price i gave u is just the trans and vss . I really dont know how to look up shipping for this . If u want to check shipping prices my zip is 33983. And the trans wieghts like 75 pounds
beein98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beein98Send a Private Message to beein98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, thanks! What year did this transmission come out of? We're looking into the shipping prices (guessing on exact zip haha), so if you wanna keep looking into it to get a more correct shipping price that'd be awesome and maybe we can make a deal shortly!
beein98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beein98Send a Private Message to beein98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

beein98

17 posts
Member since Jul 2015
Also, how much would it cost including the ecu?
beein98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beein98Send a Private Message to beein98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

beein98

17 posts
Member since Jul 2015
Sorry for the question bombardment, but is the computer specific to that transmission because mine works fine? The price seems fair to me, I just want to make sure we can get er here fine and that everything mechanically and electrically is going to hook/ bolt up correctly.
beein98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beein98Send a Private Message to beein98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

beein98

17 posts
Member since Jul 2015
I believe the code for the 4 speed Muncie for the 85 Gt was M17? Anyone else think that sounds familiar?
beein98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beein98Send a Private Message to beein98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

beein98

17 posts
Member since Jul 2015
or if you want to just contact me on the phone to speed this up my # is 660-342-2105
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by beein98:

I believe the code for the 4 speed Muncie for the 85 Gt was M17? Anyone else think that sounds familiar?

The V6 4 speed was M17.
I believe that all V6 4 speeds are identical (construction - ribbed case - and gearing, as well as the VSS.) 85 and 86.
The one from a GT with 15" wheels might have a different speedometer gear, but the difference would be minor. It's easy to swap if you want to. Just don't drop the gear into the tranny when you pull out the VSS.
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its a m19 / 4:10 trans
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Scott2scott

686 posts
Member since Jun 2014
and withthe ecu add $30 but if our car already had a 4speed . u shouldnt need a ecu . yours should be fine.
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Scott2scott

686 posts
Member since Jun 2014
sorry for slow reply iv been moving. the fiero is in storage garage and all my stuff and tools and equpment and spare parts ar in storage at this moment. but i do have the trans and some other parts left out to be sold.
PFF
System Bot
beein98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beein98Send a Private Message to beein98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it's an m19 then what year did it come out of? Like I said really super interested, just want to make sure its the correct tranny, also have you figured anything out on shipping?
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Came out of my 1984 . Like i said it only has 51,000 miles on it. I only took it out because i put a 3800 supercharged v6 and it wont handle the torque from the motor. And yes peolpe say its the so called "weaker" case one. But they are talking for engine swap resones . This trans is just fine and will work with any fiero motor. Even the factory v6 fiero only has like 50 more hp than the 4 cylinder engine and the torque from the fiero v6 is nothing compaired to the 3800 supercharged engine. So if your using it a factory v6 fiero this will be just fine and im sure others will agree with what im telling. Im not just telling you what you want hear to sell you somthing. Im telling the honest truth. I would use this trans if i had a factory v6 fiero. Poelpe still use the 84 trans in engine swap and they work just the high torque of 3800 or v8 will split the case. My car only had two other owners and its a florida car. Never gave me any problems at all.
beein98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2015 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beein98Send a Private Message to beein98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aw man, I'm sorry but I'd really prefer an 85 four speed for the stronger case, my motor isn't a supercharged v8 or anything but it has been bored out and has a performance cam in it so we're a bit afraid of an Isuzu. Thanks anyway!
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2015 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its not an izusu .. 84 only had muncies. I dont know why you keep saying 84 had isuzu. This trans i have is a 4 speed muncie.
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2015 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2015 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So good to see you on here again Scott!!

My swap is sitting and has to be disassembled to fix oil problem, prob won't happen till spring. Weather is starting to get cold up here in NY, I need to winterize the boat and the water lines this weekend. And then shrink wrap the boat for the winter. I just won't get time to pull the engine back out I don't think.

------------------
Louis Duet --- Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"I spread my wings, I try to fly. I believed in myself when there was nothing right. I know I'm dust and oh, we are sand. But we give of ourselves, as best as we can."
-G. Rossdale
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT 3800sc series 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12, VIN #5835, Stock PRV engine, Peugot 604 Intake manifold, Exhaust headers, Anti-3rd brake light

Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2015 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't touched the Fiero. At all in 3 months. I really don't care to. Infact. Iv been trying to sell it. For last 3 months. And. Can't even give it away. I have it for sale for half. Of what Iv spent. It's sad. This car and project. Has been the biggest waste of time. And tons of money. If I knew what I know now. I would not got a Fiero. Or. Did this 3800 swap. Iv never pissed away and lost so much money on anything Iv done Plus. I'm tossing in every extra Fiero part I own with it. Still can't get ride of it. And the Peolpe that do call. Are nothing but lookie loos. And want car. For the price I have just into the engine. This whole project has put a sour taste in my mouth. I was a fool . I should have picked an other car to work on.
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2015 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm so sorry to hear that man ...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock