Indy fiero on CL *not mine* by Detainabull
Started on: 06-26-2015 08:29 PM
Replies: 6 (213 views)
Last post by: KennyC on 06-29-2015 02:22 PM
Detainabull

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2015 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/5072163400.html

Saw this on Craigslist and car is still available. Owner is willing to negotiate price. Looks a bit rough but could be a descent buy for a project car.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dylpro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No title no thanks.
Detainabull

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea the no title is the only thing that is hard to overlook. It would be nothing more than a parts car at that point.
thebigarniedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thebigarniedogSend a Private Message to thebigarniedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it was pulled from a pond .......
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Detainabull:

Yea the no title is the only thing that is hard to overlook. It would be nothing more than a parts car at that point.

Not here in Indiana, You go to the judge tell him you want a title , have the sheriff check the vin , if not stolen he has judge
give you a title. Really wish I had money would like a pace car if in good shape. ( haven't looked at it yet )
Ok needs a lot of work, can't even tell if it runs.

[This message has been edited by kendallville (edited 06-27-2015).]

Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In Illinois there's not much you can do without a title. The only issue I have with owners selling cars without titles is that it is SO easy to get a duplicate title. The owner literally goes to the DMV gives them ID and so long as the title was indeed registered to them they order a new title. It's not hard and if an owner isn't willing to do that, there's a reason, and buying that car with no title is certainly getting yourself into more trouble than it's worth.

That being said, I love the Indy. It was the first Fiero I had a chance to buy, and the second Fiero I had a chance to buy! A guy had two Indys for sale about 20 minutes from me, decently low mileage, one ran one as more for parts. $1000 for both and at the time I just didn't have the money nor space. I still kick myself for that one. I still have the guys number, maybe soon I'll contact him and see if he knows where they went, maybe the new owner wants to get rid of them haha.
KennyC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2015 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KennyCSend a Private Message to KennyCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dylpro:

The only issue I have with owners selling cars without titles is that it is SO easy to get a duplicate title. The owner literally goes to the DMV gives them ID and so long as the title was indeed registered to them they order a new title. It's not hard and if an owner isn't willing to do that, there's a reason, and buying that car with no title is certainly getting yourself into more trouble than it's worth.

It all depends on where you are located. Other extremes which I have first-hand experience with are as follows:

Vermont, anything over 15 years they will not issue a title PERIOD. Doesn't matter how much you beg or plead, state law is no title issued when a car is purchased that is more than 15 years old. All subsequent owners beyond that are also title-free.

Georgia, Titles are OPTIONAL from 1985 back through about 64. If your car is between those years you aren't required to use a title, and can buy one for additional expense and fees assuming the car currently has one. BUT, once an owner decides not to pay extra for a title, from then on they will never go back an issue one again for future owners. Those are bill-of-sale only cars at that point, which here also allows you to register and insure the car.

Every state is different. Could be NC adopts a method closer to what GA and Vermont do...

[This message has been edited by KennyC (edited 06-29-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock