Started on: 06-17-2015 07:47 PM
Replies: 5 (402 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 06-28-2015 07:22 PM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just found this and thought that I would post it for any NJ Fiero owner looking to do an engine swap. The guy also has the 4T65eHD trans. Don't know much about it so here is the info:
http://jerseyshore.craigsli.../pts/5054356309.html

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tom10122

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tom10122Send a Private Message to tom10122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen that up for sale for a few months atleast, he would probably have more interest if he didn't post it as a fiero engine.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tom10122:

I've seen that up for sale for a few months atleast, he would probably have more interest if he didn't post it as a fiero engine.

If that's the case then its offer time. I guess the people in NJ who wish to undertake a 3800SC series II swap, are few.at this point.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

Prinz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PrinzClick Here to visit Prinz's HomePageSend a Private Message to PrinzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've met with this guy...I bought some trim parts from him..

This was an engine that he was planning on installing into his '85 Notchie and never got around to it...
He just sold the car and still has this in his garage...
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

If that's the case then its offer time. I guess the people in NJ who wish to undertake a 3800SC series II swap, are few.at this point.

I would have jumped all over this engine months ago, but I want to assure it ran upon removal... No offense, but I wanna hear it run first hand!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a way to insure that the cylinders are in good shape without running the engine. Its called a cylinder leak down test. It requires a leak down tester. As for bearings there is no way to tell without hearing the engine run but usually low mileage engines do not have this problem. Its always a crap shoot when you buy a junkyard engine so if you buy, just buy at a good price.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock