What does a bra go for these days? by Twilight Fenrir
Started on: 06-05-2015 03:25 PM
Replies: 9 (369 views)
Last post by: pcgold on 06-10-2015 10:32 AM
Twilight Fenrir

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Twilight FenrirSend a Private Message to Twilight FenrirEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A guy from my local GM dealership gave me a NOS 84-86 non-Gt Fiero Bra the other day, still in box and everything. I'm curious what these tend to go for. I might stick it on my '84 w/T tops, or if it' s worth a decent amount, sell it :P

Anybody know what these go for these days?

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2015 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh oh oh...

This is one of those items that can fetch a wide ranges of prices. I have sold a fiero bra in the past that was used for $50. It was in great condition and all the tabs and Velcro stuff was included.

Now yours has some special things to note about it being that it's as you state NIB and GM NOS. IMO that right there would make it worth ALOT more. Things like this will often fetch the famous, "It's worth what someone will pay for it" answer. I'm actually quite surprised you haven't gotten that answer yet as a matter of fact. I know, it's not the answer your looking for. But it's the one that is so often given with these types of whats it worth questions.

Best way to find out is auction it I suppose. But that is a gamble I personally never enjoy. By it's very nature an auction is going to the highest low bidder if you catch my drift. If it were me personally I would set a price and stick to it. Eventually someone will come along that really needs/wants it. I have had some buyers balk at an items price and others say great for the same exact item. Maybe look into maximizing your market reach. Hopefully someone knows of prior sales of a similar item in similar condition. If it were me I would look for another bra. One that is open and used and see if that is the look I want for my car before opening the NIB GM NOS one.

Question... Is it in a sealed package that shows no signs of being opened?
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2015 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There were a couple different styles for the bumper pad nose. Honestly I don't think it's worth too much. Not many people looking for one. I tried selling the very nice Colgan customs one I had for my bumper pad and had zero interest. I ended up giving it away.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2015 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
84-86 non-GT would be the bumperpad style front end.
I would think that would sell easily.

For accuracy, there is only one style of bumperpad nose.....
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2015 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is up for sale it is in good condition and I have all its attachements but you will need to get a strip of Velcro that goes in the front under the lid.. 50$ USD shipped in CONUS and Canada

Danyel
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2015 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

For accuracy, there is only one style of bumperpad nose.....

Yes there is only one style bumper pad nose, however there are a few different style bra's for a bumper pad.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

And I know of any least one other style that had come with my first car when I got it but could not find any pics online.

[This message has been edited by zmcdonal (edited 06-06-2015).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2015 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aha!
jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Best way to find out is auction it I suppose. But that is a gamble I personally never enjoy. By it's very nature an auction is going to the highest low bidder if you catch my drift.

It's not a gamble if you set a reserve price (minimum winning bid). If you go this route, however I would recommend putting it up for auction somewhere else that will reach a larger audience and then post the link here.
Twilight Fenrir

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Twilight FenrirSend a Private Message to Twilight FenrirEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Oh oh oh...

This is one of those items that can fetch a wide ranges of prices. I have sold a fiero bra in the past that was used for $50. It was in great condition and all the tabs and Velcro stuff was included.

Now yours has some special things to note about it being that it's as you state NIB and GM NOS. IMO that right there would make it worth ALOT more. Things like this will often fetch the famous, "It's worth what someone will pay for it" answer. I'm actually quite surprised you haven't gotten that answer yet as a matter of fact. I know, it's not the answer your looking for. But it's the one that is so often given with these types of whats it worth questions.

Best way to find out is auction it I suppose. But that is a gamble I personally never enjoy. By it's very nature an auction is going to the highest low bidder if you catch my drift. If it were me personally I would set a price and stick to it. Eventually someone will come along that really needs/wants it. I have had some buyers balk at an items price and others say great for the same exact item. Maybe look into maximizing your market reach. Hopefully someone knows of prior sales of a similar item in similar condition. If it were me I would look for another bra. One that is open and used and see if that is the look I want for my car before opening the NIB GM NOS one.

Question... Is it in a sealed package that shows no signs of being opened?

It has been opened, the tape is broken, but it's clearly never left its box... I might upload some pictures when I get home. I've got the part numbers and everything.

Originally posted by jediperk:

It's not a gamble if you set a reserve price (minimum winning bid). If you go this route, however I would recommend putting it up for auction somewhere else that will reach a larger audience and then post the link here.

I'll probably do that... If I can get at least $50 for it I'd part with it. Anything less and it's not worth my time :P
pcgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI. Found this ad. Doesn't say what year or style it's for though. And it's $Cdn, not $US.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-clas...hNavigationFlag=true

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock