FS: '86 SE V6 Auto, Cadillac 4.9 Parts, 4T60 Transmission by BZAnathema
Started on: 05-17-2015 12:31 AM
Replies: 1 (227 views)
Last post by: BZAnathema on 05-17-2015 12:33 AM
BZAnathema

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2015 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BZAnathemaSend a Private Message to BZAnathemaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm selling one of my Fieros. It's an '86 SE V6. Engine starts, runs, and sounds good, but only for 45 seconds or so - the vacuum lines under the plenum are shot and the timing chain needs replacement, both of which contribute to a rather erratic idle, and it eventually bogs down and quits. The timing needs to be nailed down - I replaced the distributor with the newer style, and haven't properly timed it yet. It has fresh intake gaskets and valve cover gaskets. I think there may be a crack in the front header, which is pretty common, but makes it rather loud. Body's solid, paint is decent, interior is a little rough but not ugly. A couple of warped panels and the driver's seat is a bit torn up. Power windows, sunroof, headrest speakers all work.

I also have a nearly complete Cadillac 4.9. The block was recently cleaned by a machine shop - the heads could use a blasting. I have both the original cam and a brand-new one ground by Delta, not even unwrapped yet. The crankshaft was refinished by the machine shop as well. Have NIB piston rings and all gaskets from Fel-Pro, as well as new timing chain. All that's missing is valve springs and keepers, etc. - rocker arms are here, as are valves (which could benefit from a reseating). I have the original intake (but not the snorkel) and an Allante setup, both upper and lower. Rocker arms are mounted on the steel Allante supports. Head bolts are good, which is getting hard to find. All belt-driven accessories are present, as well as all the mounts. Have the ECM and wiring harness too.

I have a 4T60 out of a running car. Have the TC and flexplate - I don't believe I have the CV axles. This and the 4T65 are the two most highly recommended transmissions for a 4.9 swap.
I bought the engine setup for my Formula (which is absolutely not for sale) and lost interest; decided to keep the 3.4PR that's in it. All I managed to get accomplished was putting a coat of black paint on the block. Clearly, some assembly required, but all told, this could be a fantastic 4.9 project, and the car is solid on its own too. I'd really like to get about $2000 out of everything, but I'll take best offer. I'd like to sell all of it together, but I know that might not happen, so shoot me an offer if you only want one of the three. I'll consider a trade for any car or bike that runs - no time for more projects or I'd do this one. It could be a slick little V8 car, and the Allante parts will do a lot to give the 4.9 a kick in the pants.

Text (317)-354-9519 anytime, or email bzanathema@gmail.com.

I'll look at all offers, I'm not 100% sure what this stuff is worth.

Located in Indianapolis.

Pictures in next posts.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BZAnathema

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2015 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BZAnathemaSend a Private Message to BZAnathemaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Edit: Whoa! Sorry for those huge pictures. Fixed.

[This message has been edited by BZAnathema (edited 05-17-2015).]

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock