WTB fiberglass sunroof (no cracks) by chrislayton
Started on: 04-27-2015 12:40 PM
Replies: 2 (124 views)
Last post by: chrislayton on 04-27-2015 08:43 PM
chrislayton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrislaytonSend a Private Message to chrislaytonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a sunroof that I pulled from an 84 fiero but I need a good fiberglass roof. Both pillars snapped off when I tried to pry it off the car and the front curve nearest the windshield also cracked so I'm looking for a good replacement to go on my 86
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm told they are very difficult to remove without breaking, and then difficult to move without breaking. It took me two years and some luck to find one locally.

FYI, they are SMC, not fiberglass.

Good luck!
chrislayton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrislaytonSend a Private Message to chrislaytonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:

I'm told they are very difficult to remove without breaking, and then difficult to move without breaking. It took me two years and some luck to find one locally.

FYI, they are SMC, not fiberglass.

Good luck!

I'm just wondering if I can just cut the SMC in a single line halfway between the windshield and the sunroof on both the sunroof piece and the corresponding non sunroof piece and splice them together at that one joint.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock