Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Brake brackets for sale, C4 rotors on your 88 (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Brake brackets for sale, C4 rotors on your 88 by sluppy123
Started on: 04-21-2015 03:04 PM
Replies: 126 (7081 views)
Last post by: sluppy123 on 08-06-2022 08:39 PM
sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These brackets are for 88 fieros. Use the stock calipers and C4 rotors front and rear. You will need the 88-95 front rotors from the corvette. These brackets rotate the caliper up so there are no problems when making a tight turn. 7075 Aluminum, powder coated black. Includes 4 centering rings and 2 left and 2 right brackets along with the required bolts. Also on some cars the lower control arm my rub the rotor, a little work with an angle grinder will fix this.  

$225 shipped

[This message has been edited by sluppy123 (edited 09-11-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM SENT
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
MRBLUE87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRBLUE87Send a Private Message to MRBLUE87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a set - PM Sent
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to be in line as well.
Irrationable

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same. You have a PM.

------------------
"The Twins"
'87 GT 3.4 pushrod daily driver
'88 GT 3.4 DOHC swap in progress

Drifter_GTR

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Drifter_GTRSend a Private Message to Drifter_GTREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM!
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you going to make any more?
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still have atleast two sets left, maybe more.
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
kennn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kennnSend a Private Message to kennnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
PFF
System Bot
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All parts are spoken for. If someone backs out I will post it here. Also if there is enough interest I will manufacture some more.
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like a complete set and a set for the rear if you start making them again. I have a 88 and a 85 with a 88 rear cradle.

Thanks
Joe Sokol

------------------
85 SE Daily driver with a 3.4 DOHC OBD II
88 Formula/GT 4.9 Allante Intake (My Baby)
www.fieroking.com

oldschoolbilly

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for oldschoolbillySend a Private Message to oldschoolbillyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would take a set for front and rear if you make anymore. [for an 88]
Just PM me if you make more or find another set
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My '86 IMSA would love a set for front brakes!
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a set front and rear, please make some more and LMK. PP ready when U are.
MRBLUE87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRBLUE87Send a Private Message to MRBLUE87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment and shipping info sent
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Need rear, but would buy both if rears alone aren't available.
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered enough material for six more sets, as soon as it arrives and I have open time in my machining center I will make more.
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you do a set for 84-87?
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sluppy123:

I ordered enough material for six more sets, as soon as it arrives and I have open time in my machining center I will make more.

Thx, should I send $$$ now or when they are ready?
Also, which rotors do I need 4 c4 front? A part number world be great.
Do you include mounting hardware & instructions? I'll gladl pay more for a complete kit!
Any gotchas, like don't work with RD lowing ball joints.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 04-25-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Thx, should I send $$$ now or when they are ready?
Also, which rotors do I need 4 c4 front? A part number world be great.
Do you include mounting hardware & instructions? I'll gladl pay more for a complete kit!

I updated my original post to clarify the year for the rotors. 88-95 front rotors.You will also need four M12x1.75 bolts 30mm long. Use grade 10.9 or better. I can provide these bolts if need for another $5, most hardware stores carry them. I don't see a reason why lowering ball joints would bea problem. Buy the brackets and if you have a problem I can make you some that work or refund your money. Installation is straight froward, the brackets are engraved where they go on the car. The Side with the boss sticking up goes toward the rotor on all four corners.

This is the rear, you can see the red bracket in there. Sorry its dirty, lots of miles on them!

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you run 16" wheels or is 17"+ a requirement?
Thx
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to say no the 16" wheel. I had 17" wheels at first and they just barely cleared.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got any pics behind 17" wheels?
I have some 17" wheels in mind but will go 18" if need be.

Thx 4 all your help.
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got any pics behind 17" wheels?
I have some 17" wheels in mind but will go 18" if need be.

Thx 4 all your help.

I looked and couldn't find a picture of mine behind my 17's. I will post a picture of them behind my 18's as soon as I take one. Btw, your parts went out today.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sluppy123:

I looked and couldn't find a picture of mine behind my 17's. I will post a picture of them behind my 18's as soon as I take one. Btw, your parts went out today.

Thx, I'll take you word for it on the 17" wheels. I haven't purchased yet but would rather have the 17" vs 18" up front.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received my two sets and they look great!

NOSRAC...looking at these and comparing them to my existing set...17" rims should be fine.
Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine yesterday, haven't installed yet but these are nicer than I expected, a lot nicer than my other pair I have, really got me debating on buying an additional set.
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys! Good to hear you got them. Waiting on material to make more now, also working on 13" C5/6 rotors and caliper mounts now. They will be the same as these, 7075 high strength aluminum, one piece cnc cut and powder coated.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

NOSRAC...looking at these and comparing them to my existing set...17" rims should be fine.

Thx,
PFF
System Bot
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The C4 front rotors won't fit with lowering balljoints because the lower control arm will interfere with the rotor. Doesn't matter what caliper brackets you use.
kennn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kennnSend a Private Message to kennnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good info. Do you know if that also goes for "lowering" spindles also? I've got 1 1/2" "lowering" spindles from Ryane/Held/Arraut on my GT fronts. It seems the the geometry would be the same as for the lowering ball joints. Too bad. I do have the Ryane lower tubular A-arm. Perhaps that might allow them. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

Ken

------------------
'88 Formula V6
'88 GT TPI V8

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:

The C4 front rotors won't fit with lowering balljoints because the lower control arm will interfere with the rotor. Doesn't matter what caliper brackets you use.

What about lowering springs? I assumed some grinding on the lower A arm as suggested by FieroGuru on his brackets.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by kennn:

Good info. Do you know if that also goes for "lowering" spindles also? I've got 1 1/2" "lowering" spindles from Ryane/Held/Arraut on my GT fronts. It seems the the geometry would be the same as for the lowering ball joints. Too bad. I do have the Ryane lower tubular A-arm. Perhaps that might allow them. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

Ken

You may have to be the test mule on those spindles. I was wondering the same thing before I spent the $550 on lowering spindles with stock A arms.
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like a set of these too.

PM sent.
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 6 more sets in the works, all that I have left is to powder coat them. PM me if interested.
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
payment sent

[This message has been edited by flimbob (edited 05-03-2015).]

sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a few sets left, will be awhile before I have more.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have several Sluppy parts on my Formula, including his 12" brackets, been running them for years with no issues.

I have lowering springs on all corners and had to grind a little bit on the drivers front... That was the only fitment issue at full lock. Nice to keep the e-brake cable too! Do yourself a favor and just buy the bolts from him. It is hardly cheaper than going to Fastenal and rooting around for the right stuff.

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock