1988 Formula for sale by Harley95
Started on: 04-14-2015 06:05 PM
Replies: 20 (793 views)
Last post by: Harley95 on 04-28-2015 08:50 AM
Harley95

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Harley95Send a Private Message to Harley95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking about selling my 1988 Formula for a Monte Carlo, I'm going to miss her but want something else to tinker with. like I said she's a vin matching Formula with a 4t60 automatic swapped in with sprint headers. has a ton of options, power windows, tilt steering, AC, defogger, sun roof. has just over 81000 miles, has all around new racing shocks and springs with matching new tires and rims, leather seats. having some problems with the injectors though, have a new set to swap in just haven't had time. open to questions and offers. body is straight, some bad spots in the fiberglass from PO, no overheating, clean title.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Harley95:

...some bad spots in the fiberglass...

"Fiberglass"? Are there some aftermarket body panels? Which ones?

Harley95

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Harley95Send a Private Message to Harley95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no all original

[This message has been edited by Harley95 (edited 04-14-2015).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

no all original

The one in the pic?

Nice wheels. The seats look as if they match the body color.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:
"Fiberglass"? Are there some aftermarket body panels? Which ones?

no all original

So, you're selling your Corvette? I'm confused. What fiberglass body panels are you talking about? The Fiero doesn't have any fiberglass. The body panels are pretty much all plastic (hence the nickname "Plastic Fantastic") which is why they don't dent/break. Most body panels are either SMC or RRIM.

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What part of Kentucky are you in? Nice looking Fiero.

------------------

Harley95

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Harley95Send a Private Message to Harley95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live a little outside of london. and yes to everyone thats my Fiero in the picture, thought they had fiberglass panels my mistake.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are the "racing shocks and springs?"
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
send a PM with price
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

The Fiero doesn't have any fiberglass. The body panels are pretty much all plastic (hence the nickname "Plastic Fantastic") ...

I hear/read that term a lot, but usually in reference to Corvettes.

Just sayin'

1MohrFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, most of the time they are across the country. I finally see a nice one in Kentucky and it is across the state.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero:
Wow, most of the time they are across the country. I finally see a nice one in Kentucky and it is across the state.

Seriously? So you drive a few hours. It may be a bit much to expect the year, make, model, color, mileage, condition, tranny, options, and price ALL to coincide with your desire/bank account timing AND be in your town. So far, I've had to drive at least 5 hours one way for each of my Fieros...and I drove them home under their own power.
Harley95

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Harley95Send a Private Message to Harley95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

What are the "racing shocks and springs?"

I'd have to look I can't remember
1MohrFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:
Seriously? So you drive a few hours. It may be a bit much to expect the year, make, model, color, mileage, condition, tranny, options, and price ALL to coincide with your desire/bank account timing AND be in your town. So far, I've had to drive at least 5 hours one way for each of my Fieros...and I drove them home under their own power.

I never said in my town but closer would be nice. BTW, London is about 5 hours one way from my home town and my point was more that I sometimes feel that I live in an area where a Fiero is a rarity. Now that you mention it I have bought 3 Fieros without traveling more than 15 minutes. I guess I am luckier than you.

Sorry for the Hi-jack Harley. Please consider it a free bump for a good looking car.
Harley95

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Harley95Send a Private Message to Harley95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its no problem Mohrfiero and thank you, I love her to death but I can't figure out the issue with the injectors. she gets driven regularly, never broke down after replacing the old alternator, and I'm just wanting something with a little more get up and go and well a little extra room.
trod84se4spd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trod84se4spdSend a Private Message to trod84se4spdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone with 13000 + posts showing his extensive store of knowledge to us newbies. And I believe he's mistaken when he says they don't "break"

[This message has been edited by trod84se4spd (edited 04-23-2015).]

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trod84se4spd:

Someone with 13000 + posts showing his extensive store of knowledge to us newbies. And I believe he's mistaken when he says they don't "break"

I assume you're referring to me. The OP had me confused. Fieros don't have fiberglass body panels. And, no. They don't "break". They tear, they get crushed, etc but they don't break. I hope I've taught you something today, young padawan.

BTW, I applaud your feeble attempt at smart assism. I'm sorry it didn't work. You get one more chance.
trod84se4spd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trod84se4spdSend a Private Message to trod84se4spdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no smart assism intended, a LOT of Fiero owners new and old think their cars are made of fiberglass. their lack of knowledge comes from trying to keep them running and haveing no time to research manufacturing methods. there are actually five different material/methods used in body panels:

SMC Sheet Molded Compound, used in the hood, roof, rear upper quarter panel and rear deck lid
RRIM Reinforced Reaction Molded urethane used in front fenders, door panels and rear lower quarter panel
RIM Reaction Injected Molded urethane used in front and rear facias
TPO Thermoplastic Olefin used in rocker panels
Bexley Resin blow molded used in rear "wings" or "spoilers"

I have a little experence with RRIM as i was a Field Service Tech with Cincinnati Milacron who manufactured the machines that produced these parts
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trod84se4spd:

no smart assism intended, a LOT of Fiero owners new and old think their cars are made of fiberglass. their lack of knowledge comes from trying to keep them running and haveing no time to research manufacturing methods. there are actually five different material/methods used in body panels:

SMC Sheet Molded Compound, used in the hood, roof, rear upper quarter panel and rear deck lid
RRIM Reinforced Reaction Molded urethane used in front fenders, door panels and rear lower quarter panel
RIM Reaction Injected Molded urethane used in front and rear facias
TPO Thermoplastic Olefin used in rocker panels
Bexley Resin blow molded used in rear "wings" or "spoilers"

I have a little experence with RRIM as i was a Field Service Tech with Cincinnati Milacron who manufactured the machines that produced these parts

All of those are basically plastic. Keeping up on the body is just as important as keeping up on the motor if an owner wants to keep his/her car very long. If you don't know what the body's made of, how can you maintain/fix it?
Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SMC looks like fiberglass to most people. It certainly can break and will have what looks like fibers sticking out everywhere

Sheet moulding compound (SMC) or sheet moulding composite is a ready to mould glass-fibre reinforced polyester material primarily used in compression moulding.

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 04-24-2015).]

Harley95

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Harley95Send a Private Message to Harley95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good news everyone I'm getting a new car and I get to keep the Fiero. while she's in the garage getting worked on I'm getting a Monte Carlo that is probably just a little too hopped up to drive back and forth to work but will probably have a blast. but sorry to all for neglecting this post and any inquires I've had a lot of bull pop up the last few weeks and still have more to come yet.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock