1988 formula 5 speed by Cygnus
Started on: 04-14-2015 05:55 PM
Replies: 8 (851 views)
Last post by: FierOmar on 04-28-2015 03:24 PM
Cygnus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CygnusSend a Private Message to CygnusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a sad day. Some creep decided to blast a red light(yellow according to the good officer), and blasted me in the process. I was rebuilding it the long way, you know, a bit at a time. The paint still sucked, so did the interior. I was after the mechanicals first. So from Mr. Dickman, a shift kit, cables, and shifter, as well as the stainless vacuum lines. the 60x60 headlights from projector retorfit, rear suspension linkage from the fiero store, and a bunch of other stuff, like steering rack, and headlight motors, all new or rebuilt. The car is done, but most of that (except maybe the rear linkage) is ok. I can store the bits, and save for another 88 notchie, if they still exist, or I can let someone who can use the whole lot now have it. Otherwise it goes to scrap, as I can't afford to store it, or part it out. So if you're in the phoenix area, and can use the parts, let's make a deal. As I'm now out of this hobby, at least for a while, I also have an '85 GT in much abused shape that needs a good home, too. It used to be drivable, but has been in storage for a couple years time. I had it slated for an engine swap, since the previous owner let it sit with plain water in the coolant, and figured the engine was a loss. Not sure how many in Phoenix, but I'd rather see it go to use somewhere, than get crushed/scrapped. So here's the damage. I wanted to cry.

Hit so hard the drivers side bulged out.

So thankful there wasn't a passenger. They'd be dead, or hurt bad.

[This message has been edited by Cygnus (edited 04-21-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrsleeve86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrsleeve86Send a Private Message to mrsleeve86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im in Tucson, lets make a deal!

Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My condolences on this unwelcome event and 'good luck' on a quick disposition of your car. Hopefully you can return to Fieros in the near future.
Cygnus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CygnusSend a Private Message to CygnusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that I look at it again, it's probably not worth anything to anyone. I'll try to cabbage what I can to refit the other '85, and see if I can get it to run. Problem is finding a place to do it.
FierOmar

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

------------------
FierOmar

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First thing is first, at least you are ok!

Now that the most important outcome of the collision is over with now on to your car.

If this happened to me I would honestly break down and cry. Very sorry man. Hopefully you had some insurance on it so you can at least get something back.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

FierOmar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK... here is a chance for all you Phoenix Fiero Formula friends and fiends to get an 88 Formula really cheap. I have a straight 88 Formula chassis (only) that I am willing to let go for $200. I will be removing the engine, trans, front suspension, 120 mph speedo, and possibly a few other things like the seats. As I said, the chassis is straight and the doors and body panels that are needed for the car Cygnus is offering are included. If the rear cradle on Cygnus' car is damaged, I could provide a replacement, but that would cost an extra $250. The Formula I have has crank windows (not powered) and solid top (no sunroof) However, if you are reading this, you already know that you can swap the sunroof fairly easily.

The bad news... my Formula is located about 20 miles east of Los Angeles. I would make Cyngus an offer, drag it back to SoCal, and do the swap myself, but I already have too many projects going. The car would need to be put on a trailer for transport. A flatbed would work or bring the necessary parts to make it a roller and roll it onto a flatbed or a car trailer.

Send me an email if you are interested.

------------------
FierOmar

[This message has been edited by FierOmar (edited 04-26-2015).]

FierOmar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, does any in the Phoenix area know anything about this car or the owner?

------------------
FierOmar

FierOmar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm... Phoenix area Fiero owners must be offline.

------------------
FierOmar

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock