door ajar switch by Carl Calderone
Started on: 03-24-2015 07:09 PM
Replies: 8 (194 views)
Last post by: Carl Calderone on 03-28-2015 03:21 PM
Carl Calderone

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys..(and ladies?)

I'm looking for replacement door ajar switches....I've been told by other sources that they are no longer available as NOS. Any body out there have any they'd like to sell? Just got my car back from the shop and as expected...the switch has been once again sheered off as a result of the mechanic sliding over it and snagging it on a belt .

Please get in touch if you've got one...or two ! Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't the Fiero Store have them?

http://www.fierostore.com/P.../Detail.aspx?s=51427

Maybe I misunderstood, as I don't know how you'd catch this.
Carl Calderone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I called them they told me that they are only available used...... so I'm hoping some body out there has them
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carl Calderone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks man....but that is not the correct one. That is the one that goes under the front and rear deck lids. The one that I need is a slightly larger diameter and has a black sleeve over it. I'm still looking !!!!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carl Calderone:
I called them they told me that they are only available used...... so I'm hoping some body out there has them

Used? Then someone cleaned mine very well. I got one recently.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nope i used this one on my doors it looks too long and auto adjusts when you install it. you will need to purchase new rubber outer grommets though.
Carl Calderone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Morning guys!

Just made the call....got the low down. The door jam switch that I need is specific to the model years 84-85 So the jam switch that you guys are using must be because your cars are newer than mine. The rep at the Fiero Store tells me that the brass switch with the white cap is applicable on Fiero models years 86-88. And yes....the 84-85 door ham switch that I need is no longer in stock...or at least not now. So I am still looking !

Any one ?
Carl Calderone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still looking for the door jam switch..... if any one has or is parting out an 85/85 that has intact door jam switches PM me !

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock