Needing a solid T-Top Headliner board by TXOPIE
Started on: 03-24-2015 06:15 PM
Replies: 9 (399 views)
Last post by: indyguy888 on 04-02-2016 08:35 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am needing a solid T-Top Headliner board...the one I have has been repaired one to many times and is unusable without serious surgery.

Or could I order Archies headliner for non-sunroof and cut away what I don't need?

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-24-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MRBLUE87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRBLUE87Send a Private Message to MRBLUE87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There never was a special T-top headliner board. When the cars were new Cars and Concepts or their dealers started with a complete solid roof (non-sunroof) car. This was partially glued in and could not be removed without damaging the headliner material. So start with a non sunroof headliner. Cars and Concepts would remove the headliner before installing the T-top roof frame. Then reinstall the headliner and cut it to fit. You will have to do it like they did. Find a good non sunroof board. It has to be structurally solid enough to support its own weight. You can't reinforce with fiberglass etc as it will need to be cut through. Install the headliner board and draw a outline of the T-top openings an inch from the edge. Carefully cut through the backing and fabric along this line and remove the two cut out sections. Might lightly support it from below here if your board is not very solid. Carefully peel the remaining inch wide section of backing and foam from the fabric around the opening. Pull up on the fabric and fold it over the metal lip edge of the opening, attaching it with a little fabric glue on the side away from the opening. The rubber trim will push down over this lip. You now have a new T-top headliner!
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone made/makes a fiberglass headliner board(non t-top) I got one.
I would throw out the feelers on one of them to do your cutting on.
JJFieroFan

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be needing one also at some point. I would like to buy one that is pre-cut if I can. I will be gathering up such parts soon.

JJ
CavScout

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MRBLUE87:

There never was a special T-top headliner board. When the cars were new Cars and Concepts or their dealers started with a complete solid roof (non-sunroof) car. This was partially glued in and could not be removed without damaging the headliner material. So start with a non sunroof headliner. Cars and Concepts would remove the headliner before installing the T-top roof frame. Then reinstall the headliner and cut it to fit. You will have to do it like they did. Find a good non sunroof board. It has to be structurally solid enough to support its own weight. You can't reinforce with fiberglass etc as it will need to be cut through. Install the headliner board and draw a outline of the T-top openings an inch from the edge. Carefully cut through the backing and fabric along this line and remove the two cut out sections. Might lightly support it from below here if your board is not very solid. Carefully peel the remaining inch wide section of backing and foam from the fabric around the opening. Pull up on the fabric and fold it over the metal lip edge of the opening, attaching it with a little fabric glue on the side away from the opening. The rubber trim will push down over this lip. You now have a new T-top headliner!

I am guessing this procedure is very similar to what I'll have to do to install a new headliner with my C&C sunroof? Was thinking about getting a new non-sunroof headliner from TFS. Opinions?
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CavScout:I am guessing this procedure is very similar to what I'll have to do to install a new headliner with my C&C sunroof? Was thinking about getting a new non-sunroof headliner from TFS. Opinions?

I got one from TFS. It's a sunroof model but I installed it without cutting the material because my car doesn't have a sunroof...yet (in progress).

I like that the backing material is ABS instead of fiberboard; I think it will last longer and certainly won't be as prone to absorbing moisture and disintegrating.
CavScout

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:

I got one from TFS. It's a sunroof model but I installed it without cutting the material because my car doesn't have a sunroof...yet (in progress).

I like that the backing material is ABS instead of fiberboard; I think it will last longer and certainly won't be as prone to absorbing moisture and disintegrating.

I liked that as well. I thought I'd have to get a non-sunroof model tho as factory is considerably larger than aftermarket, tho it looks like this C&C model comes closer than others I've seen. Did the FS sunroof ABS liner come with a precut hole but complete fabric?

CavScout

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CavScout

258 posts
Member since Dec 2014
(not to totally hijack this thread sorry!)
soup

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2016 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I definitely need one as well if anyone figures out where to get one! But with it, the weather stripping is super important.

[This message has been edited by soup (edited 04-02-2016).]

indyguy888

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2016 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for indyguy888Send a Private Message to indyguy888Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
V8 Archie. You can get a non sunroof fiberglass one from him. Use your old one as a template and trace it on his solid one and use a jigsaw to cut it. That is how I did my ttop.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock