Fiero Race Car (Road Coarse or Drag) by Fiero Racer 64
Started on: 03-18-2015 08:57 PM
Replies: 26 (2336 views)
Last post by: PRND3L on 05-03-2017 05:16 AM
Fiero Racer 64

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Racer 64Send a Private Message to Fiero Racer 64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately I need to sell my race car. I have been building it for the last 3 years. There are thousands of hours in this thing and over $30,000.00 invested!!! This car is built right, and with attention to detail. This car was built to road race but would also be a very good drag car.

I have listed most of the information on the car. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. Thanks for looking. Hope this goes to a good home and someone can get the enjoyment out of it that I was hoping to.

More pics available upon request.

Price: Best Offer (Motivated Seller, Need moved by winter)

Body:

1986 GT Fastback Body
1985 GT Frame
Frame & Body gutted extensively… 2300-2400 lbs
New Paint Inside and out
Tilt Nose Piece by Norms Fiberglass
Tinted Sail Windows (Removable) by Kahines
LED Taillight Panel by Kahines
New rear quarter Panel scoops.
No-Mar Lexan Front and Rear Window, Also Sun Roof (All Removable)
Mustang Hood Scoop (On rear Deck)
Custom Splitter (Front) (Plywood underlayment)
Belly pan (Front)
Rear Deck Lid Hinged w/ Shock Struts

Interior:
Custom Roll Cage (Nascar Style Door Bars)
New interior paint (Cage/Floor pan, Engine bay, & Cradle)
Custom Alum Dash (Covered with Carbon Fiber Looking Vinyl)
Alum console Cover (Covered with Carbon Fiber Looking Vinyl)
Aluminum Racing Steering wheel w/ quick release
5/8” Steel Steering Shaft supported by steering heims (OE Column Removed)
5 Point Harness
Window Net
4 Panel Rear view mirror
120 mph OE Gauge Cluster
Short shifter
Shifter Rebuilt w/ kit by Rodney
Hanging Race Dual MC Brake Pedal
Manual aftermarket gauges (Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, & Water Temp)

Engine:
Will need gone through (Can explain further upon request)
3800 Series III (2004) newly built with best of everything.
Line Bore Checked
Decked to clean up
Forged & coated Diamond Pistons (8.5:1 Comp)
Total Seal (File-Fit) Rings
ARP Rod Bolts
ARP Main & Head Studs
Dbl Roller Timing Chain
Oil Pump Cover Machined Down
Yella Terra 1.9 Roller Rockers
Push Tubes (Oil Restricting)
160 Therm
New lifters
New Intense Racing Stg 1 Cam
New Harmonic Balancer
Heads magnafluxed and rebuilt.
Guides Checked
Valve Job
New Intense Valve Springs
All new balanced rotating assembly
Re-flashed PCM by Intense Racing and then remote tuned by
Brian Turner with Dyno Tune Motorsports
Spec Alum. Stage 4 Flywheel
Spec Stage 4, 6 Puck (Non-sprung) clutch
ZZP Exhaust Logs
Custom Baffle Gates in Oil Pan
3” Custom Exhaust (no mufflers)
N* Throttle Body
KN Air Filter
New Radiator Hoses
New Sensors (All)
Balance Shaft Removed
New Serpentine Belts
New Accel Racing Plug wires
Alum Blower Gasket
New Valve Cover Gaskets
New Exhaust Gaskets
New water pump
New Alternator
Blower was rebuilt (Re-greased needle bearings)
New Fluid in Snout

Transmission:
5 spd Getrag
Clutch pedal rebuilt w/ kit by Rodney

Suspension:
Front & Rear Suspension by HT (Arraut) Motorsports (A-arms, spindles, shocks, coil-overs, etc.)
Front A-Arm to A-Arm Support Strut (Custom)
Rear Strut Tower Support Strut (Custom)
New HHP Racing Sway Bars
Sway Bar Links by Rodney
Aluminum Cradle Bushings by Rodney
All Polyurethane Bushings
All new 7/16” wheel studs
Steering Rack Rebuilt with Rodney’s Rebuild Kit
Rear Bump Steer Kit by HT Motorsports
New ball joints

Brakes:

Brake Ducts (Front & Rear)
Wilwood Dual Master Cylinders (Wilwood)
Brake Adjuster (Front to rear)
Wilwood 12” Rotors
Vented & Slotted Rotors
Wilwood Dynalite 4 Piston Calipers and new pads

Misc:
3 Core Alum. Champion Radiator
Fuel Tank Pan/Guard (Aluminum)
Battery Box moved to RF
17” x 9” Enkie RFP1 Light Weight (15 lbs) Racing Wheels
5x4.5 (Mustang Pattern) (Brand New)
& Much much more. Very nice car, must see to appreciate…

Not Included:
APR Carbon Fiber Adjustable Wing (Rear)
Racing Seat

More pics available upon request...

[This message has been edited by Fiero Racer 64 (edited 09-08-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, looks great! Good luck with the sale
Fiero Racer 64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2015 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Racer 64Send a Private Message to Fiero Racer 64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, Priced Lowered... Make offer...

Thanks,
Fiero Racer 64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2016 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Racer 64Send a Private Message to Fiero Racer 64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Re-posting one last time complete. If not sold I will start parting-out as badly as I don't want too. So shoot me some offers, I'm willing to negotiate price, parts, etc. Even willing to negotiate delivery within reason and price.

Need to get this moved before winter. So start making a list of parts you may want if not sold complete within the next week or so..

Thanks for looking!!!!

------------------
WInning Isn't Everything, Wanting Too Is...

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is going on with the engine?
Fiero Racer 64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Racer 64Send a Private Message to Fiero Racer 64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a complete rebuild. I purchased all the parts and re-mapped ECU to match from Intense Racing. On initial fire-up it ran very, very rich. Maybe ran for 20-30 min. for break-in. Contacted Intense and they weren't much help. I ended up contacting the guy that dyno's a lot of their stuff and spoke with him. I sent him the file and he said it wasn't even close. He adjusted it a few time and we were able to get it to run as its suppose to. Ran it two more times with the new mapping and decided to drop the break-in oil. When i did, I also cut the filter apart. What i found was metallic-shinnies in the oil and in the filter. The filter had flakes in it (non-metal). Appears to be bearing mat'l. I'm guessing that with the major over fueling it possibly whipped out a bearing, possibly the oil pump, or something as oil pressure was starting to drop. The oil had a strong smell of fuel as well.

Have not ran it since. I would assume the internals are fine. It just needs to be tore down, cleaned, inspected and re-assembled. Now that the ECU is programmed correctly it shouldn't be an issue.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Racer 64 (edited 09-09-2016).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2016 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats a shame. yep fuel in the oil will wipe out bearings
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you sure that the metal shavings are not from the break in process?

Be sure to change your oil and filter at about the first hundred miles because when an engine breaks-in, little tiny, fine particles of metal are wearing-off inside and floating around in the oil. This is all part of the break-in process and is totally normal. Most of that metal comes from the rings seating against the cylinder walls. It will look like metallic paint if you look at your oil in the light. This is normal and is the whole reason why you want to change it shortly after seating the rings and tuning it. You want to get all of that fine metallic matter OUT, and clean oil back in so it doesn't force it into, and embed it into your bearings under 50 - 100 psi of oil pressure.

It does look like a high amount of metal, just asking as it could be due to the break in process. Its a lot of money you have invested, would it be a waste of time to change the oil again and do another 20 minute break in. Then check the filter and oil again?
It would be a shame to part it out.
You are about a 12 hour drive from me. I wouldn't be able to commit to anything until this spring and I don't think you want to hold on to it until then.
Could the car be tagged and driven on the street in its current state?
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-12-2016 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Fiero Racer 64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Racer 64Send a Private Message to Fiero Racer 64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish it was just normal break-in trash, but unfortunately that is more than just breaking particles..
I've broken-in many new engines and none have ever looked like that. There is too much money in it to chance starting it and having something major happen to the internal parts.

As far as tagged and driven I would say yes, its pretty close, depending on what your state requires.
It does has break lights. You would need to add headlights, which you can get from Norms Fiberglass. The wiring is still there for them.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Racer 64 (edited 09-12-2016).]

Cristianvelazquez27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cristianvelazquez27Send a Private Message to Cristianvelazquez27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much would you part out the getrag and engine if you do end up parting out I am very interested in getting them for my 85 gt I'm building
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2016 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found a Fiero local to me.
Its pretty solid.

I am interested in the Suspension and brakes but wouldn't be able to make and offer till this spring.
Did you change the wheel pattern?
If you get a chance to sell the car or parts don't hold them but I will make an offer in march if you still have the parts.
Fiero Racer 64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2016 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Racer 64Send a Private Message to Fiero Racer 64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good.. I did change the bolt pattern when i bought the hubs. These are a mustang bolt pattern, 5x114.3. Better selection of wheels that way...
Cristianvelazquez27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2016 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cristianvelazquez27Send a Private Message to Cristianvelazquez27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you selling transmission or engine at all .?
Fiero Racer 64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2016 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Racer 64Send a Private Message to Fiero Racer 64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may depending on if I sell the car complete or not... I have one interested in it complete, a couple people interested in the motor, and a couple in the motor & tranny... So we'll see what happens..

Thanks..
legutt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2016 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish I were closer to Nebraska!
Fiero Racer 64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2016 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Racer 64Send a Private Message to Fiero Racer 64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've decided I'm parting it out!!!

Let me know what you want and we'll negotiate a price.
If you need pics let me know...

Thanks
carbonfiber_kid

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2016 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonfiber_kidSend a Private Message to carbonfiber_kidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really nice looking car. do you have a build thread on it?
HUMPTY DUMPTY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2016 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HUMPTY DUMPTYSend a Private Message to HUMPTY DUMPTYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am intersected in the front suspension and maybe
Tranny can you give me more info on these
HUMPTY DUMPTY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2016 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HUMPTY DUMPTYSend a Private Message to HUMPTY DUMPTYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HUMPTY DUMPTY

28 posts
Member since Apr 2012
Hear is my email address
Jeffreyhinesnow@yahoo.com
Fiero Racer 64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2016 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Racer 64Send a Private Message to Fiero Racer 64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carbonfiber_kid, I didn't do a step by step thread but here is the original thread when i started it as an enduro car..
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-1-084187.html

Humpty Dumpty... Sending you an email.

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Racer 64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2016 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Racer 64Send a Private Message to Fiero Racer 64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I've taken the motor apart to see what the issue was and if there was any internal damage. I am pleased to say there is no major damage. It appears that it starved for oil at some point and main journals #1-3 were the hardest hit. #2 main journal on the crank is my only concern, but i think it can be polished out as can the rest of the crank. worse case it would have to be ground. The rod journals are fine. The pistons, cam, lifters, block, heads are all fine. Clean the crank up, new bearings, and clean all the parts and put it back together.

I'm planning on selling it un-assembled so you can see all the parts. If you are interested in it please let me know. Less than 90 min run times on everything brand new... PM me and we can negotiate...

Pics are available....

Thanks..
Shawn

legutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2017 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have no interest in the motor but have an interest in the rolling chassis.
PRND3L

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2017 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PRND3LSend a Private Message to PRND3LEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
Fiero Racer 64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Racer 64Send a Private Message to Fiero Racer 64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still available, buyer backed out after months of waiting on him...

Any combination possible... Need to get it moved, PM me offers offers..

Thanks...
legutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still here and my offer still stands. If you no longer have my phone number and you want it, let me know and I'll PM it to you.

Ol' Bob
PRND3L

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2017 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PRND3LSend a Private Message to PRND3LEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock