Started on: 03-15-2015 06:29 PM
Replies: 14 (381 views)
Last post by: gtxbullet on 04-23-2015 10:20 PM
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to be doing a lot of custom wiring as I build my GT so I'm looking for a harness or two to cannibalize for the wire, plugs, and pins. Obviously it doesn't have to be for any particular application since I'll be ripping it apart anyway.

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 03-15-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jims88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jims88Send a Private Message to Jims88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you don't mind roaming the Pick and Pull salvages yards, I have found a lot of GM connectors, wire tidbits and fuse assemblies, for cheap too.
I don't know the span of years, GM used our type of electrical connectors.
Good luck on your quest.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 03-16-2015).]

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2015 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I probably should have been a bit more specific about what I'm looking for. What I'm looking for is a loom (or two, body harnesses would be ideal because of the length) but my intent is to completely tear them apart primarily for the wire. I'm hoping to get something for cheaper than I can buy a few spools of wire. Usable harnesses (and the price they bring) would be a waste for my purposes. "Junk" and butchered harnesses should be fine as long as there's at least a decent assortment of wire of reasonable length.
And while I appreciate the suggestions, I'm also not seeking advise on hitting the junk yards, etc. I know I could do that, and if I wanted to, I would. Between the drive to Columbus and then scrounging in the yard I just don't have the time. What I'm really after is simply what I'm asking for. If it has usable connectors, that's fine, but for the most part, what I'm doing is interior work where I can use Molex connectors.
Just as a side note, as far as crimping goes, to be honest, I don't crimp my connectors. I solder everything.

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 03-16-2015).]

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump- still looking
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2015 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm gutting a 1986 notchback. I have all the interior wire harness 's. I was going to leave them in the car when I sent it off to the junk yard. In New Jersey.

------------------
It's a CAR, now drive it!!
http://s1277.beta.photobuck...50016365924013387734

After all the work, It's time to drive it!!

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2015 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2015 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, still looking. Third time a charm?
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2015 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a motor harness for a v6 2.8 . It doesn't have the c500 or the c200(the one that goes into the ecm) though as I sent those to Dan in Canada to make my 3800 swap harness.
Pm me if you are interested.
Louis

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
3800sc series 2 swap in progress
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2015 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a complete uncut interior harness from a 85 2.5L if that matters. No cuts wires or splices. Let it go cheap as I am making space and spring cleaning. I am also about to part a 86 2.8L w 4spd any day now. The 2.8 is a complete car at this time.
Havemurci

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HavemurciSend a Private Message to HavemurciEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 84 4cyl uncut engine harness, cheap. In PA.
PFF
System Bot
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

I have a complete uncut interior harness from a 85 2.5L if that matters. No cuts wires or splices. Let it go cheap as I am making space and spring cleaning. I am also about to part a 86 2.8L w 4spd any day now. The 2.8 is a complete car at this time.

PM sent

Originally posted by Havemurci:

I have an 84 4cyl uncut engine harness, cheap. In PA.

I don't really know how long the engine bay harness is. I'm hoping for some length as I'll need to make some runs from the dash to the engine compartment for gauges. Pics?

Thanks
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm replied.

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it the other day. Perfect. Thanks!
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 1986 SE interior harness with AC.
$90 shipped in the usa

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock