1986 SE DGP IMSA Wide Body by h.d.fire
Started on: 02-26-2015 11:07 AM
Replies: 39 (2130 views)
Last post by: benoitmalenfant on 05-12-2015 02:06 PM
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD

Regrettably I'm listing my DGP wide body up for sale. The car had been sold through another thread, but the buyer had to cancel due to financial reasons. So it is officially FOR SALE. If this lousy winter ever ends I'll get some good recent pictures, until then this is a shot from FIERORAMA last fall. The car has 29,000 original miles, 2.8 with a 4-speed. Runs & drives great, still needs paint work finished and some mechanical work. Very fun car and always draws attention!
Priced to sell: $3,500.
Please PM me for the details.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by h.d.fire (edited 03-11-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool you can still make the get together!!!!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember this one. Apparently, it has an interesting history.
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

cool you can still make the get together!!!!

revin- if I still have it, it WILL be there!

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great car, whoever ends up with it will be a Lucky Buyer! GLWS
Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how much?
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

how much?

PM sent....

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-27-2015 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good luck, looks nice..
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

good luck, looks nice..

Thank you
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2015 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the posts by another member in the general forum I thought it had sold....ooops

Very nice car and the seller is easy to deal with too, I had a bunch of questions about it before my fate was sealed by buying a house (haha) and he was great to deal with.

Someone is going to get a steal as far as I am concerned... free bump
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2015 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Luke:

From the posts by another member in the general forum I thought it had sold....ooops

Very nice car and the seller is easy to deal with too, I had a bunch of questions about it before my fate was sealed by buying a house (haha) and he was great to deal with.

Someone is going to get a steal as far as I am concerned... free bump

Thanks for the kind words Luke. Another member did wish to purchase the car but financial commitments changed and he had to cancel.
Best of luck with your new home!

PFF
System Bot
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mid-week bump...
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The weather here is FINALLY looking up! I'll get some updated pic's this week.
In the mean time, weekend bump!
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seeing this thread is very discouraging to me because that $3500 is like chump change to me for what you are selling. The issue is that I still have my IMSA in the garage and my wife would kill me if I bought another one. I cannot believe that you can't sell this car so let me try to help with the sale.

This is an original DGP car so it is properly built.

To build this car, you would need the following:

Body kit from Fiero Warehouse.........$4,500 plus shipping
Centerline wheels that are no longer made........$1,000 on up (if you could find them)
Donor car with low miles..........$1,000-$3,000 for a good running one with no rust
Paint.........$1,000-$3,000

So total to just build this car from a kit is roughly $8,000 to $12,000

You are almost GIVING this car away so good luck with the sale. Someone needs to jump on this.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-07-2015).]

h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMSA GT-

Thank you very much for the kind words and endorsement. It's funny, but in a email I've sent to interested buyers I pointed out the EXACT same points you mentioned. The only thing(s) this car needs is a paint job and some minor mechanical work. I've done a lot already and it IS drivable and is a blast! The car has so much potential! I hope someone sees it as you, I, and others do.
I really wish I could keep this car but financially it just isn't possible. I have another Fiero that needs a paint job and a long term project I'd like to finish so one of them has to go.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2015 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Seeing this thread is very discouraging to me because that $3500 is like chump change to me for what you are selling. The issue is that I still have my IMSA in the garage and my wife would kill me if I bought another one. I cannot believe that you can't sell this car so let me try to help with the sale.

This is an original DGP car so it is properly built. DGP?

To build this car, you would need the following:

Body kit from Fiero Warehouse.........$4,500 plus shipping
Centerline wheels that are no longer made........$1,000 on up (if you could find them)
Donor car with low miles..........$1,000-$3,000 for a good running one with no rust
Paint.........$1,000-$3,000

So total to just build this car from a kit is roughly $8,000 to $12,000

You are almost GIVING this car away so good luck with the sale. Someone needs to jump on this.

money is tight for tons of folks,
most likely have better luck when it gets warmer..
If I had not been out of work on medical leave, I'd be interested, but that's the way the ball rolls, when there is a deal, no money..

he'll get it sold,
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is such a beautiful car, and the body kit alone is worth more than the asking price, not even counting the wheels! Man I am sick of cheap a$$ Fiero owners. When will they learn that to receive respect you have to give respect, but if you don't even respect your own passion why should anyone else? H.D. Fire I wish you good luck with your sale, you will find someone that understands tthat he value of your car is more than the price of the parts. There are still a lot of good people on here that are willing to open their wallets for the right car.

Pax,

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 shipped to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

This is such a beautiful car, and the body kit alone is worth more than the asking price, not even counting the wheels! Man I am sick of cheap a$$ Fiero owners. When will they learn that to receive respect you have to give respect, but if you don't even respect your own passion why should anyone else? H.D. Fire I wish you good luck with your sale, you will find someone that understands tthat he value of your car is more than the price of the parts. There are still a lot of good people on here that are willing to open their wallets for the right car.

Pax,

Dr. W.

Thanks Dr.
I know money is tight, heck I'm in that boat too! lol
I will say tho, that most every Fiero owner I've had the honor of meeting has been a great person. Despite the fact that our cars may not be a great investment (yet), they are fun!

[This message has been edited by h.d.fire (edited 03-07-2015).]

Luke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Will is referring to how cheap some owners can be; we complain that our cars don't appreciate but we tend to bring down our own prices.

I picked up my 3800sc swapped 88 for 1/3 to 1/4 of build cost and sold my fully restored 3400 low mile swapped GT for 40% of parts cost never mind labour (thankfully to a friend) and so on... neither of these cars got that they should but it balanced out for me. I love my 88

The people as a group on the other hand are awesome. I've been to the 25th , 30th and Carlisle PA twice... love hanging out with you guys and gals.

But back on topic... It boggles my mind that for 3.5k this car has not sold. I'm sure some lucky dog will snap it up come spring... and at that point it will become another car I wish I had bought haha

Another free bump!

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM SENT!
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well bright side could be when you bring it to the get together,
line it up with the rest of them and some guy will say "MAN I wish I could buy a cool car like that and join the next IMSA gathering"
You pop out and say "THIS IS FOR SALE" and you get double what you are asking!

Well you could trade my "one off Boyd Cottington wheels" for the centerlines if you want...
PFF
System Bot
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

PM SENT!

PM replied too....
Feel free to call me today Matt.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

PM SENT!

Do it Matt......it's a great deal.
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Well bright side could be when you bring it to the get together,
line it up with the rest of them and some guy will say "MAN I wish I could buy a cool car like that and join the next IMSA gathering"
You pop out and say "THIS IS FOR SALE" and you get double what you are asking!

Well you could trade my "one off Boyd Cottington wheels" for the centerlines if you want...

LOL !!!
Revin- it looks like the car will be sold, but I still promise to share a cold beverage with you at the show!
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sold to whom? Lol
Jason88Notchie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by h.d.fire:

LOL !!!
Revin- it looks like the car will be sold, but I still promise to share a cold beverage with you at the show!

Matt, tell me you got it!?!?!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To whoever bought it / buys it: see you in September at Fierorama 20 - //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/094525.html
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

To whoever bought it / buys it: see you in September at Fierorama 20 - //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/094525.html

Car has been sold. It will be going to Ohio. Hopefully he'll bring it back for the IMSA gathering.

Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats to the new owner
If he backed down this baby was slated to southern Canada
A few thousand and it will be a gem
Take care Mike, thanks for all your patience
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hear through the rumor mill the IMSA is coming to Southern Ontario lol
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats! Great deal to whomever got it. It was just what I was looking for and the price was right, but the timing wasn't. My garage is already full
PFF
System Bot
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have room for one more car and the IMSA just barely fits in
Hoping to get her next week
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

I hear through the rumor mill the IMSA is coming to Southern Ontario lol

This car will be an international traveler! LOL! I'm glad its going to a good home.
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope she has a Passport!
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That last guy, Benoit, that bought Rick's DGP that was signed by Hulki, disappeared into the night and no one hears from him anymore. Since another one is now going to Canada, can you stay in touch with the forum?
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am always on the Forum checking and snooping around
Luke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats let me know when she's up... my 88sc would like to pay a visit when the salt is off the roads....lol
benoitmalenfant

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That last guy, Benoit, that bought Rick's DGP that was signed by Hulki, disappeared into the night and no one hears from him anymore. Since another one is now going to Canada, can you stay in touch with the forum?

I'm still around ...

------------------
Ben
87 GT / 88 GT
84 Indy #1863

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by benoitmalenfant:

I'm still around ...

Glad to hear from you. I was afraid you and the DGP disappeared into the night
benoitmalenfant

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2015 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Glad to hear from you. I was afraid you and the DGP disappeared into the night

My number of posts here during the winter months is like the odometer on the DGP during the winter... not going up

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock