Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Feeler thread - Project CR3810N (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Feeler thread - Project CR3810N by mptighe
Started on: 02-23-2015 11:49 PM
Replies: 46 (1729 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 03-01-2015 05:18 PM
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THE CAR RUNS AND DRIVES UNDER ITS OWN POWER.
I've been going back and forth about this for a year now. After my business closed, I've been having serious financial issues, and almost 2 years later, I haven't recovered. So, I'm putting this out there to see what interest there is. For those of you who are familiar with my car, it's still unfinished. For those of you who aren't, please take the time to review things here...

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/085180.html.

And here...

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/091085.html

Greatest hits... Everything new and not even broken in yet

ZZP Built 3800 Longblock.
ST2 cam w/ roller rockers
ZZP Stage 2 heads
Turbonetics GT-K500 Turbo
Bmwguru custom SS header
ZZP cosmetic head gasket
ARP head studs

Cryogenic & WPC treated new F40 six speed transmission
New Spec stage 3+ clutch kit and flywheel

Bmwguru custom wire harnesses

Yellowstone LED ring tail lights inside brand new OEM lenses.

HID headlights

Before the first engine went (faulty meth injection, it was NOT reinstalled) the car was putting 460 to the wheels. That was with the meth injection, a smaller fuel pump, stock heads, and a ST4 cam on I think 16 lbs of boost. The new configuration should be able to support more boost, therefor more power, even with a smaller cam and without the meth.

Right now, the Fiero is sitting at Paul Angel's place in GA. He did the Soulcrusher Mustang hood vents for me like here...

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/067209.html

I still owe him some cash, which I'll take care of whether the car sells or not. Right now there is no interior, including missing the dash. I have a complete 2001 black leather Firebird interior for it, including seats and dash. I even paid JScott1 $500 to make a plug and play swap harness for the dash.

So here's the deal, I have $30k in the engine and transmission alone. Having this level of custom fabrication costs money. In parts alone, I have somewhere between $15 - $20k. I bought everything new, and nothing off brand. I need to get $8k for everything. That's about 1/4 of what I spent to just have the power train built, and it has NO miles on it. Then factor in that the car is a rust free 1988 GT with T-Tops and less than 100k miles. Also factor in these things...

Custom Tail lights - $1,500
Front Mustang Vents - $1,000
Last set of BRAND NEW Mecham Urethane scoops on the planet, bought from Eric Mecham - uninstalled $500+
Brand New 1988 specific Eibach springs $500+
Complete 2001 black leather Firebird interior, including new seat covers and dash harness for PNP. $1,000+

There's quite a bit more I haven't mentioned, but I don't feel like reliving everything, this is hard enough as it is. I think $8k is a reasonable price considering I should be asking that for just the power train. Serious inquiries only. No, I am not parting out. If it doesn't sell it doesn't sell, I'm not so desperate that I'll take any more of a loss. I don't get on here much, so it would be best to contact me at mptighe@hotmail.com or (281) 900-0910. Thanks guys.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 02-27-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Up. A couple of people have approached me. This won't be for everyone, but there are a few people who know what this is and are willing to spend money on building their cars similarly. This is a pretty good shortcut, and priced less than what a clean professionally installed 3800 would cost at most shops. Everything else is just a bonus. The price stays the same regardless of what someone wants, no parting and no discounts. Buy the whole thing, sell whatever you don't want, and make some of your money back.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 02-25-2015).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did fieroguru ever decide to make more 3800 turbo exhaust set ups?
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Did fieroguru bmwguru ever decide to make more 3800 turbo exhaust set ups?

Fixed it for you.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Fixed it for you.

Thanks, I think I had a senior's moment there lol
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if he did or not. From what I understand, Dave has taken a considerable break from working on Fieros for the community. Big headaches with small financial returns. You'll have to ask him though.

Paul got back to me today. He's going to start the car up and get updated pictures for me. There are 3 more serious interested parties. The one thing I keep having to repeat is that the condition of the car should honestly be irrelevant. This is not a $3k 3800 setup, it's a $30k 3800 setup. That's what's being sold. Everything else is just gift wrapping. Even 5 years ago when Lloyd was doing these, his higher end SC setup was running $12k+ and this is neither a SC setup, nor is it a stock automatic or anything else for that matter.

550+ bhp turbo 3800
Custom headers and exhaust
Cryogenic & WPC treated 6 speed w/ LSD, using Spec / Archie modification parts to make it work
Brand new staggered Falken wheels and brand new tires
Upgraded brakes including corvette rotors, and a larger brake booster
Upgraded suspension including new '88 specific Eibach springs
Rodney end links and other parts
Newer T-Top seals and new T-Top rebuild parts
Custom tail lights
Custom hood
Original Mecham panels
Firebird interior, including JScott's custom dash harness
I'll even include the new speakers that were barely used in the 3 months they were used in the car (no head unit or amps)

All this will come with a red box that happens to be rust free and has t-tops. You can install all this in YOUR Fiero and toss the red box and it would still be considerably less than having any of this done for you by a shop.

I don't really want to go CL or eBay with this. Someone on here wants to do this to their car, or had issues with their builds. I had a serious regret for not buying AkursedX's car as it would have been a serious shortcut for me. I'm offering the same for someone else.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 02-26-2015).]

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Not sure if he did or not. From what I understand, Dave has taken a considerable break from working on Fieros for the community. Big headaches with small financial returns. You'll have to ask him though.

I spent so much time building other people's Fieros that I grew to hate the car. It took me a year off to actually like my own car again and now that it has been a while, I am in love with my little Fieros all over again. I'm not going to go down that road again. I enjoy tinkering with my own car in my spare time, but I won't be doing anything for the public anymore. I already spend 15 hours a day on average working on BMW's, Audi's, and Porsche's...and that pays the bills.

As for Michael's car. You couldn't buy the parts and build this yourself for double of what he is asking. I was going to buy it, but I don't have the time or room to properly store the car, so I let a few friends know that this is a decent car that is crazy fun to drive. One note: the engine will need to be tuned. I did not tune the engine after we switched the cam and heads, but it should be close enough to drive on the tune that was for the st-4 cam until the tuning is done. Also, having the F40 six speed is butter smooth to shift and such a nice upgrade from the Getrag. It adds a modern feel to it.

Dave
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately these days nicely 3800 swapped Fieros are a selling for what u are asking for yours which is incomplete. These are swapped cars that are fly in and drive home. Ones that have had all thr bugs worked out, have had many miles put on them and several that have track times to back them up. The down side to ur car is its been sitting for months, not enough miles put on it to say it will make for a good driver and it's incomplete. It's going to be hard for someone to justify spending 8K on a car they still have to put hours of labor into along with a few thousand more dollars. Not saying someone will not swoop it up cause there are suckers born everyday. And while u have 30K into this car the car itself doesn't reflect that. Not trying to talk bad about the sell but just giving my opinion on the subject.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Unfortunately these days nicely 3800 swapped Fieros are a selling for what u are asking for yours which is incomplete. These are swapped cars that are fly in and drive home. Ones that have had all thr bugs worked out, have had many miles put on them and several that have track times to back them up. The down side to ur car is its been sitting for months, not enough miles put on it to say it will make for a good driver and it's incomplete. It's going to be hard for someone to justify spending 8K on a car they still have to put hours of labor into along with a few thousand more dollars. Not saying someone will not swoop it up cause there are suckers born everyday. And while u have 30K into this car the car itself doesn't reflect that. Not trying to talk bad about the sell but just giving my opinion on the subject.

Saying it would take a sucker to buy the car IS talking bad about the sale. Show me a car that has EVERYTHING I've put into this car. I'm not talking about a practically stock SC 3800 with a stock Grand Prix auto trans, I'm talking about all the extras. No offense but this isn't one of your builds. I have more in my trans than most of the guys here put into their 3800's. Most of the guys here are cheap, and want everything for what it would cost to buy a junkyard motor, which mine isn't. Dave's custom header cost more than what most guys buy their engines for. Like I said, it's not for everyone, it's a shortcut for the person that would have paid $10k+ to have a 3800 built at a shop. Saying that makes them a sucker is calling EVERYONE that's had a shop do a professional build for them a sucker. Like I said, parts alone were over half of the cost of my build, which is considerably more than I'm asking. Price it out if you don't believe me. I have receipts to prove the costs. Oh, and the swap itself is NOT incomplete, it just needs to be tuned, which the software is included in the sale.

Now, if you're done, feel free to exit the thread. I don't have the patience for this type of crap in my thread. I should be able to have at least one thread about my car that doesn't have this type of behavior in it.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone is grouchy this morning..Please don't feed the bear or u will get a mean PM..To keep my reply to do with the sale..I'll offer u 5K and go pick it up...Let me know

If you don't agree with my price, that's fine it's not your car or swap and you don't have to buy it. Keep your **** out of my thread. It's not a build thread, it's me having to do something I don't want to do to make things ok for me and my family. I advise against interfering with my purpose here. I'm serious Stephen, back off.

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 02-26-2015).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with MstangsBware, He IS a builder and he has his finger on the pulse of the Fiero pricing down very well. He will know the market better.

Where is the data to back up the HP? EDIT: Forget it I really don't care...
yea $5k sounds about right

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 02-26-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not saying someone will not swoop it up cause there are suckers born everyday.

Ain't that the truth. I just saw a sucka eyeballing me in the mirror this morning. LOL

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Someone on here wants to do this to their car, or had issues with their builds. I had a serious regret for not buying AkursedX's car as it would have been a serious shortcut for me. I'm offering the same for someone else.

Some may see a diamond in the rough and some may see it a waste of money. Just, don't let people stress you out about it. Listen to what they are saying but don't get offended.
One mans trash is another mans treasure. Some like theirs stock and some like theirs modded. Some ppl pay for Pu$$ie and some ppl get it for free, oops wrong topic.LOL
My point is just don't get all worked up because of other peoples opinions. I personally think it is a hell of a deal as I know what this sh!t cost.
I been there and done that and in the end my project failed because I didn't reach my goal. I'm not mad about it as it was fun as hell while doing it.
What matters is enjoying the journey and experience and not the end result.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

I agree with MstangsBware, He IS a builder and he has his finger on the pulse of the Fiero pricing down very well. He will know the market better.

Where is the data to back up the HP? EDIT: Forget it I really don't care...
yea $5k sounds about right

You know, other forums clearly state that threadcrapping isn't allowed in for sale threads. Funny how it's not considered bad etiquette here... When dyno'd before it put 460 to the wheels, without maxing the turbo. When I asked what the loss through the trans was I was told to count on about 18% by more than one person. With the upgraded heads and fuel pump, the turbo should be able to be pushed higher.

Mstangs might be a builder but he's comparing apples to oranges here. The only car that's even been close to mine that's sold for anywhere near my price is AkursedX's. Now engine wise, very similar cars. However, he didn't have $3k - $4k in his transmission, his swap wasn't fresh with all new parts, and he didn't have all the extra stuff coming with his car. Again, agree or not agree, keep it out of my thread considering you're not really in the market anyway.

If Mstangs or anyone else can build my EXACT setup for what I'm asking, even doing the labor themselves, I'd like to see it.

Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mstangs might be a builder but he's comparing apples to oranges here. The only car that's even been close to mine that's sold for anywhere near my price is AkursedX's. Now engine wise, very similar cars. However, he didn't have $3k - $4k in his transmission, his swap wasn't fresh with all new parts, and he didn't have all the extra stuff coming with his car. Again, agree or not agree, keep it out of my thread considering you're not really in the market anyway.

If Mstangs or anyone else can build my EXACT setup for what I'm asking, even doing the labor themselves, I'd like to see it.

I have more money tied up in mine than I'll ever get out of it, that's just the way it works.

------------------
3800 Turbo

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

I have more money tied up in mine than I'll ever get out of it, that's just the way it works.

Yeah, and I'm not trying to get out anywhere near what I have in it. I'm not even asking for the full parts value of all of the brand-new parts. What's your point? Would you sell your car for $5000? Would you sell your drivetrain for $2000? No offense man but your opinion wasn't asked for, and really isn't productive, so why don't you do the right thing and keep it to yourself. Stephen can do the same thing.

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, and I'm not trying to get out anywhere near what I have in it. I'm not even asking for the full parts value of all of the brand-new parts. What's your point? Would you sell your car for $5000? Would you sell your drivetrain for $2000? No offense man but your opinion wasn't asked for, and really isn't productive, so why don't you do the right thing and keep it to yourself. Stephen can do the same thing.

but your car isn't running, how can I tell if it can do wheelies on the street?
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know "putting the feelers out" does mean it is up for comments.

With rude a subject in this thread....it is YOU my friend that is being rude for the seemlying honest comments given to you.
Either put it up for sale (with some recent pics) then ***** at members who bash you or the car or what you are asking for it. But don't go off starting a "feeler thread " and then bash people commenting on it.

Also on the parts price, yes I can build up my car for half of your cost because....I do my own work. SO THERE!

and if you like other web sites...stay there!
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

You know "putting the feelers out" does mean it is up for comments.

With rude a subject in this thread....it is YOU my friend that is being rude for the seemlying honest comments given to you.
Either put it up for sale (with some recent pics) then ***** at members who bash you or the car or what you are asking for it. But don't go off starting a "feeler thread " and then bash people commenting on it.

Also on the parts price, yes I can build up my car for half of your cost because....I do my own work. SO THERE!

and if you like other web sites...stay there!

Since when does feeler mean Im asking for opinions from everyone? It means I'm testing the water to see if there are interested buyers. You're not in the market so you don't qualify. Oh, and please put your money where your mouth is, and TRY to build my car for less than I'm selling mine for. You have to buy every part new, no junkyard stuff, and you have to have an identical setup at the end. I'm asking less than the parts cost that were put into the build. I have receipts to prove it. The turbo was $1200 shipped, just for the turbo, not the whole turbo setup. The brand new trans with Quaife LSD and SPEC clutch and flywheel was about $4,000 after cryo treatment was done, again no installation labor there just parts cost. Please educate everyone how you'd magically reduce the cost of these things while keeping the build identical to mine. Labor had nothing to do with these costs, and this doesn't even get into any of the other stuff, like the engine, header, exhaust, brakes, suspension, wheels and tires, seals, axles, etc, all of which are newly installed, and not even fully broken in yet. I'm not making a dime here, and I'm losing money for just the parts. I'm not making a single cent of the labor back.

Ok, now that that's cleared up. I'm not going to keep going back and forth with people who are just here to waste time. I'll bump this from time to time, and I'll post pics when Paul gets them to me. There's nothing I can do to expedite that unless I felt like to driving to GA just to grab pics of the car, which isn't practical to expect of anyone. Anyone seriously interested let me know. For the people that already have contacted me, I'll get you the pics as soon as I get them. Thanks.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mptighe

3321 posts
Member since Aug 2009

but your car isn't running, how can I tell if it can do wheelies on the street?

It's running. It starts and drives just fine.

**EDIT** Hey I'm sorry man, I'm wasn't even paying attention to who I was responding to before. I shouldn't have responded to you like that, you hadn't really said anything negative enough to deserve it. I thought your first post was Revin again. It's just irritating to have people judging things based on unfair comparisons and expectations, when honestly they're just doing it because they enjoy the drama.

Back to your original point, none of us ever get back what we put in. I understand that and am only trying to get about 1/4, not even including all the money I sank into it previously with no return. I'm pretty confidant that I'll be able to get what I'm asking, but I understand your view.

zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I were you I would part it out! Selling the engine and transmission separately would get you more money than selling the complete car. Just an idea that wouldn't take too much effort if you sold transmission, engine, and the rest of your car all separately. Wheels and tires could sell for a bunch too, Subaru guys are also 5x100 bolt pattern and regularly buy used wheel and tire packages for ~$1500. Probably could sell the turbo for a grand too. Or turbo + manifolds for whatever, there's so many 3800 builds.

I would try to sell as much stuff as possible to non Fiero guys. There is a FWD 3800 community that could benefit from a strong f40 or turbo setup or engine, and they probably have deeper pockets.
PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just put it on Ebay winny baby and be done with YOUR drama.

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 02-27-2015).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's running. It starts and drives just fine.

**EDIT** Hey I'm sorry man, I'm wasn't even paying attention to who I was responding to before. I shouldn't have responded to you like that, you hadn't really said anything negative enough to deserve it. I thought your first post was Revin again. It's just irritating to have people judging things based on unfair comparisons and expectations, when honestly they're just doing it because they enjoy the drama.

Back to your original point, none of us ever get back what we put in. I understand that and am only trying to get about 1/4, not even including all the money I sank into it previously with no return. I'm pretty confidant that I'll be able to get what I'm asking, but I understand your view.

No problem, you should add that its running/driving in the ad. When I read it I assumed it was torn apart. I would make a new for sale thread once you get pictures.

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zkhennings:

If I were you I would part it out! Selling the engine and transmission separately would get you more money than selling the complete car. Just an idea that wouldn't take too much effort if you sold transmission, engine, and the rest of your car all separately. Wheels and tires could sell for a bunch too, Subaru guys are also 5x100 bolt pattern and regularly buy used wheel and tire packages for ~$1500. Probably could sell the turbo for a grand too. Or turbo + manifolds for whatever, there's so many 3800 builds.

I would try to sell as much stuff as possible to non Fiero guys. There is a FWD 3800 community that could benefit from a strong f40 or turbo setup or engine, and they probably have deeper pockets.

Appreciate the advice. I'll look into it if the few guys that are interested don't come through. For $6k, I MIGHT be tempted to sell just the cradle and drivetrain, but I'd have to have enough interest in the rest to get up to the $8k mark, and it would all have to sell at once. I really don't have the ability to mess with the labor of parting it though, which is part of the reason I said I wouldn't. That's why I said someone could make some of their money back though, if they kept what they needed and sold the rest. Everything is worth something.

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mptighe

3321 posts
Member since Aug 2009

No problem, you should add that its running/driving in the ad. When I read it I assumed it was torn apart. I would make a new for sale thread once you get pictures.

Good idea, thanks.
gmctyphoon1992

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think what would justify your sale thread and eliminate all the crap on here is to get updated detailed pictures and videos of the car running and driving whether you sell it here or on another site. I personally read all of the threads and watched the progress of this car online and whether the car was complete or not I think the car is fairly worth what your asking for. My ignorant 2 cents.

I am not an expert and don't claim to be but I do know that if someone were to buy this car and realize that "oh crap Its incomplete and I dont want to dump anymore money into it!!", they could scrap this whole car for what if not substantially more than they paid for it. I think the nay sayers can agree on atleast that?

A couple of questions though, ever since your first failure with the meth injection hydrolocking the motor and the rebuild has the car ran a substantial amount? Has it been through its tuning stages and are the bugs fixed on it? if not what is still needed for this car to become complete from what others were saying?

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero Gt (fully optioned, factory leather, 5-speed, CJB T-Tops: Black w/ gray interior and blk wheels)
1992 GMC Typhoon #0203
1971Chevorlet Corvette 454cu/ LS5/ 4-speed/ convertible
1993 BMW 850 Ci 6-speed V-12

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gmctyphoon1992:

I think what would justify your sale thread and eliminate all the crap on here is to get updated detailed pictures and videos of the car running and driving whether you sell it here or on another site. I personally read all of the threads and watched the progress of this car online and whether the car was complete or not I think the car is fairly worth what your asking for. My ignorant 2 cents.

I am not an expert and don't claim to be but I do know that if someone were to buy this car and realize that "oh crap Its incomplete and I dont want to dump anymore money into it!!", they could scrap this whole car for what if not substantially more than they paid for it. I think the nay sayers can agree on atleast that?

A couple of questions though, ever since your first failure with the meth injection hydrolocking the motor and the rebuild has the car ran a substantial amount? Has it been through its tuning stages and are the bugs fixed on it? if not what is still needed for this car to become complete from what others were saying?

I don't know how many run hours Dave put on it. It hasn't made it back to me yet. He said above that it runs fine on the tune it has but in order to push it and get more power it will need to be retuned.

For the swap to be complete? It just needs to be retuned. It's running.

For the car to be complete? It needs to have the interior put in, including the dash and gauges. It also needs to have the hood painted to match the car.

If I were keeping the car, I'd also remove the t-tops, have additional mods done to the body like a deck lid vent, and repaint the whole car another color. I don't like red cars though, and I'd rather have a hard top at this point. That's pretty much it. The mechanicals are done aside from the tune.

It's not torn apart aside from the interior, which I have a better replacement for. Everything on this car was supposed to be custom. Once home, all it would have needed was final tuning, interior installation, and paint. That's it.

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mptighe

3321 posts
Member since Aug 2009
For interested buyers, to explain why this shouldn't be compared to a budget build, this is a short incomplete list of parts and cost for the parts only. Installation is not included, neither is the cost of having custom pieces fabricated to make these parts play nice together. If anyone claims they can build this for less, consider that all the parts listed are NEW, and were purchased retail. They should not be compared to used parts or junkyard builds.

Turbonetics GT-K500 ball bearing T3 turbo + shipping $1,287.94
ZZP Rebuilt shortblock + shipping $1,799
ZZP Oilpan $79.99
ZZP Oilpan Gasket $29.99
Stattama ST2 Camshaft $324.99
ZZP Stage 3 Heads $1,749.99
Rollmaster Timing Set $209.99
ZZP Billet Fuel Logs $429.99
65# Fuel Injectors $219.99
Cometic Multi-Layer Head Gaskets $179.99
ARP Head Studs $79.99
ZZP assembly and Balancing Fees $600
Daetschwerks DW300 Fuel Pump & Hardwire Kit + shipping $217.65
FieroX 3800 Mounts + shipping $340
NEW F40 Six Speed Transmission + shipping $425
Cryo & Wpc Treatment for F40 w/ Quaife LSD Including Install & Shipping $2,824
SPEC stage 3+ Clutch and Flywheel Kit $880
WCF Trans Mount $350

Ok, so there are STILL a TON of new parts not listed, like the custom axles (I didn't use junkyard), the custom headers and exhaust, the custom wire harness, wastegate, BOV, parts for the intercooler, brakes, tires and wheels, etc etc etc. the total of just what I listed above, again incomplete, was OVER $12K, and it had NO LABOR fees other than assembly for the trans and motor. You can take those off and it's STILL over $10k worth of just drivetrain parts. ANYONE here can feel free to claim they can build my engine cheaper, but not if they're buying new parts to match mine. They can't even buy the parts for what I'm asking, period. I've got receipts and invoices to back up everything I listed. I'm going to take the advice of relisting this when I get the pics from Paul (he's barely on the grid and is hard to get ahold of at times). I'll break every part and cost down in that thread.

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-27-2015 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
............................................................................................................... no comment

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 02-28-2015).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-27-2015 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-27-2015 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012
comments pulled because the o/p doesn't want to here it.. read the thread

PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow what a bunch of drama, why the need to make public comments on a car for sale, when I consider buying a car I talk directly to the owner and ask any questions I have in private. Just my 2 cents
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You done?

I'm going to address ONE THING you said because it was the premise for the rest of the garbage you typed.

THE CAR RUNS AND DRIVES UNDER ITS OWN POWER.

I already stated that earlier, but you're so busy being impressed with your own perceived cleverness that you must have missed it, even though I said it more than once. The rest of what you typed made absolutely NO sense.

Market value is what someone is willing to pay. I'm selling a RUNNING AND DRIVING '88 Fiero GT with a turbo 3800 swap for less that the parts cost that went into the drivetrain itself. I have the full parts list and every document from every order, mostly from ZZP. So yeah, I do have a pretty good idea of what went into it because I'm the one that ordered most of the bigger parts.

Now, please delete the novel you wrote where you keep projecting your lack of comprehension onto my car. IT RUNS AND DRIVES. This is not an opinion of worth thread, it's a thread to discuss a potential sale with potential buyers. I didn't ask one time for anyone's damn opinion on the matter, which you'd know if your reading skills were up to snuff. Let me help you.

THE RUNNING AND DRIVING '88 FIERO GT WITH A RUNNING TURBO 3800 MATED TO A FUNCTIONING SIX SPEED AND A TON OF CUSTOM TOUCHES IS BEING PRICED AT LESS THAN WHAT THE PARTS USED TO BUILD THE RUNNING AND DRIVING DRIVETRAIN WOULD COST IF BOUGHT SEPERATELY. THE CAR SHOULD BE RETUNED FROM THE ORIGINAL RUNNING AND DRIVING TUNE DUE TO THE CHANGE IN CAM AND HEADS TO OPTIMIZE IT BUT IT IS STILL RUNNING AND DRIVING AND HAS NO OTHER MECHANICAL NEEDS.

THIS IS NOT AN OPINION THREAD, THIS IS NOT A BUILD THREAD FOR YOU TO QUESTION, ITS A GAUGING INTEREST FOR SALE THREAD. GOT IT? IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BUILD, CONTACT ME, AND ILL BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU OUT. IF YOURE JUST HERE TO BE AN ASS, THEN MOVE ALONG.

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mptighe

3321 posts
Member since Aug 2009

Originally posted by Csjag:

Wow what a bunch of drama, why the need to make public comments on a car for sale, when I consider buying a car I talk directly to the owner and ask any questions I have in private. Just my 2 cents

Because this is the way people act here. It's always been like this, and always will be unfortunately. Not one of the people mucking up my thread even thought to contact me to ask anything, they're just spewing their opinions as if they're facts, without even knowing what the specifics are. Sorry to everyone that witnessed it.

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-27-2015 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got ahold of Paul. He's been fairly busy, and he never turns his phone on, so this was a rare occasion to get him. He said he's got a battery charger on it and is going to start it up and get pictures and video of it running for me (hopefully tomorrow). He said he still needs to finish the top of the hood to make it ready for paint but that's pretty much it. He also said that other than the hood, the car looks the same as it did when it arrived. For pics of how the car looked then, check out the build threads. The pictures in there were current with how the car looked right up to going to Paul's. Hopefully he'll come through tomorrow, sorry for the delay.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-27-2015 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
was interesting in car but seller wasn't bothered in supplying the info.. so I will pass..
use the comments in the thread as a guide,
and don't comment on the ad, or you'll get a neg..

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

as a seller of a hipo modded car, people shouldn't have to go hunting for info.. you as the seller should have it out in the ad.. it stopped being a feller when you put a price on it
I listed what would help your cause, but like throughout the whole thread you blast anyone that brings up things in your ad/feeler that you should add, and parts to remove.. that help YOU..

Look, I get it, you think you're being helpful. However you insisting that my car isn't running when it is does not help. You insisting that you should have a say in what parts are disclosed and what isn't also isn't helping. The price I set was challenged, with people saying they could build it cheaper because they'd do the labor, which was rebutted by showing a partial parts list to show that just in parts alone, an identical build could not have been done for what I'm asking.

This thread was never meant to sit here and rehash the old argument of whether a junkyard. / budget build would be suitable for anyone. I'm not selling one of those engines. I'm selling mine, WHICH RUNS and is already built, so no need to rehash my choices and whether or not YOU think I made the right decisions or not. I have 3-4 interested buyers at the moment. You're not one of them. I heard your opinion, and I disagree with it, largely because you made incorrect assumptions from go and your only purpose here is to stir even more drama.

Now, I'm asking nicely, you stated your opinion, please stop trying to interfere with my thread.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may have missed it with all the other comments but yes or no to the $5K and I will even go pick it up? Just trying to make an offer I think is fair on a car that's been sitting and not started for 1.5 years or so.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I may have missed it with all the other comments but yes or no to the $5K and I will even go pick it up? Just trying to make an offer I think is fair on a car that's been sitting and not started for 1.5 years or so.

Thanks but no. I don't consider that to be a fair offer. Besides, with that $5k you should be able to build my setup, remember?

**EDIT** You're also doing that thing again where you make a statement about a car that you have no knowledge of. I haven't stated when the last time it was started was. For all you know it could have been started weekly, monthly, yearly, but instead of asking me like a normal person you assumed the worst and then threw it into the thread just to make things more difficult for me to accomplish what I set out to.

Any other imaginary conditions you'd like to associate with my car? Maybe it has a hole in the engine block now? Four bent rims? OH, I KNOW! MAYBE IT CAUGHT ON FIRE?!? YOU KNOW, ALL THESE CARS DO THAT!! Again, you haven't sincerely asked me anything about its condition and you're not a serious buyer, but yet for some reason you seem to think you know more about my car than either the builder or I do.

Keep your comments to yourself. You're acting like DH now (the word troll is coming to mind), and I have no choice other than to ignore you completely, especially since you're the instigator of this whole thing anyway. Good job Stephen. Quality human being, just like in the days when you defended Lloyde.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 02-28-2015).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock