1987 Pontiac Fiero GT - V8 Project by RISK81
Started on: 02-18-2015 03:24 PM
Replies: 12 (1167 views)
Last post by: crashmydaytona on 03-01-2015 11:02 PM
RISK81

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RISK81Send a Private Message to RISK81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://detroit.craigslist.o.../cto/4896666912.html

Found out we're expecting late July.

Project car has been consuming garage space and finding time to tinker on it is already becoming challenging.

Time to sell.......

- I reinforced the rear lower frame rails with a 1/4 steel plate on both sides and firmly welded it up with my 220 welder (probably stronger now than it was before), but have not completed anything since then.
- Engine is back in the car but still needs to come out for prep/ paint / firewall insulation.
- Have a brand new back window with urethane
- Need to re-install control arms and suspension components to load on trailer

Kris
248-765-4080
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RISK81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RISK81Send a Private Message to RISK81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cshults

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cshultsSend a Private Message to cshultsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like an awesome deal..unfortunately finishing a project of this nature is beyond my abilities or I would jump on this.. bump for what looks like a great deal for someone with the ability to finish this off.

[This message has been edited by cshults (edited 02-20-2015).]

LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I had known what my intentions would have been to change out the engine when I bought mine I would have looked for a deal like this. Are you sure you just won't find the time between the baby crying and the lack of sleep to finish the job! good luck with the sale surely it won't last long with all the Fiero heads up north.
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the wee one on the way..
That looks like a very nice and clean Fiero..
If I was closer,I'd be oh soooo tempted!
Someone is gonna get a nice one there.
GLWS !

Mark
RISK81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RISK81Send a Private Message to RISK81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the comments guys, hopefully someone finds interest in this project.

Only thing the buyer would need to purchase is a water pump (either mechanical or electrical, block-mounted or remote-mounted).

Over the next few days, I'm going to begin reassembling the car for trailer transport.

Kris
Spalding1028

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spalding1028Send a Private Message to Spalding1028Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm down in Toledo in need of another one... Got cut off a week ago and lost control into a telephone pole. Would you be interested in selling the car sans engine? Mine was 3800sc swapped and I'm going to be transferring everything over to the new car. I'm going to be traveling up to Warren weds and thurs and I would be interested in looking at it if so.
RISK81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RISK81Send a Private Message to RISK81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spalding1028:

I'm down in Toledo in need of another one... Got cut off a week ago and lost control into a telephone pole. Would you be interested in selling the car sans engine? Mine was 3800sc swapped and I'm going to be transferring everything over to the new car. I'm going to be traveling up to Warren weds and thurs and I would be interested in looking at it if so.

Spalding1028,

Not looking to separate the car from the engine, it's a package deal.
Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
Spalding1028

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spalding1028Send a Private Message to Spalding1028Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might still be interested... What's up with the rear window?
RISK81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RISK81Send a Private Message to RISK81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spalding1028:

Might still be interested... What's up with the rear window?

In removing the deck lid torsion springs, one decided to enter the passenger compartment. I removed the interior trim pieces but pretty much stopped there.

Bought a new PPG rear defrost window but never installed it.
PFF
System Bot
RISK81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2015 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RISK81Send a Private Message to RISK81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
crashmydaytona

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come visit mount rushmore and drop the car off at my house I'll give you 4 grand for it. If you do sell to 1028 i might buy all the v8 related stuff. Might be worth thinking about. Congratulations on the upcoming baby. I have another on the way too #5 for me. I need to stop buying fiero crap and start college funds.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock