Complete GM Torch Red GT Body by msweldon
Started on: 02-14-2015 03:49 PM
Replies: 33 (1666 views)
Last post by: msweldon on 03-26-2015 12:07 PM
msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These were from a project car that after I stripped it to the frame, there was simply too much to fix. Sold the frame, kept needed bits for the next car and have this complete set of 86 GT panels.

The paint color is Corvette Torch Red Dupont Nason.

If you don't see it in the pic I have it bundled up in a box to be sold with the set. The passenger side door isn't shown and is still attached to door.

Price is 700$ obo. That may seem a bit high for some but one of the reasons I bought the car was for the relatively good paint job. Short of repairing the hood scoop hole you get a pretty good paintjob and a GT body. The paint job was a panel off body job.

Set includes fenders wells (off to the side in the pics) which I would say are in fair to good condition. The passenger side tail light is probably recoverable as it has delamination but the driver side as you can see has a big crack in it...

Sail panel windows are not original nor aftermarket but lexan reproductions from the PO. Pretty good from afar but up close the jig is up obviously.

If anyone is seriously interested I can provide hi-res pics of any of the panels.

Salvaged and bagged as much of the attachment hardware as possible.

Pic of car in which the panels were removed:

Not shown is a set of Torch Red manual rear view windows. I also have a set of power mirrors and harness if interested.

I might be willing to ship, but obviously shipping the rear clip will not be cheap.

Warmest Regards...

[This message has been edited by msweldon (edited 03-11-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ninjayogi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjayogiSend a Private Message to ninjayogiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am possibly interested where in Georgia are you located?
msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ninjayogi:

I am possibly interested where in Georgia are you located?

NW Georgia, Atlanta area..
ninjayogi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjayogiSend a Private Message to ninjayogiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WhT is the deal with the scoop area on the hood? Did you take it off or is it damaged? Do You have a close up pic of that area. Also what is the overall condition of the paint. Sorry for all of the questions but i am serious about it. Thanks
msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why can't you be closer to MI?
msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

Why can't you be closer to MI?

Michigan's not too far and can easily be done in a day one way.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL In good weather.

Originally posted by msweldon:

Michigan's not too far and can easily be done in a day one way.

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Looks like the maroon on my 87 GT. Boy could I use them.
msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a pic of the car in which the panels were removed:

msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, forgot to add, this also includes the fastback rear wiring harness.

If you come close to the asking price I'll throw in two of the 18" x 7.5" wheels with yokohama 225/50/18 rubber with 60-80% tread left... why only 2 you ask, because the person who purchased the frame up threw two of them in his truck when I wasn't looking.. talk about pissed... The wheels are Drifz 207's painted silver.
PFF
System Bot
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-21-2015 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you send pics of the hood scoop area please?
jagonza

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jagonzaSend a Private Message to jagonzaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in northern cobb county , can I come see the panels ?
msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jagonza:

I am in northern cobb county , can I come see the panels ?

I'm in Cobb county too.

Sure, pm me your # and we'll setup some time...

[This message has been edited by msweldon (edited 02-21-2015).]

msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

msweldon

670 posts
Member since Sep 2000

Originally posted by mental floss:

Can you send pics of the hood scoop area please?

I'll send some this weekend.
jagonza

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jagonzaSend a Private Message to jagonzaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent pm,please reply
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2015 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All PM's replied...
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any suggestion how to transport this? Flat trailer behind my pickup perhaps? Are the bumper support/honeycomb included too (as needed to convert from base model)?

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 03-05-2015).]

Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a question for learning sake ... does the piece that runs up the windshield pillars and around the sun roof come off too?
msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

Just a question for learning sake ... does the piece that runs up the windshield pillars and around the sun roof come off too?

Yes but never easily and easy to crack...
PFF
System Bot
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well hopefully someone has better luck with these parts than I did. I spent friday night struggling with a rusted trailer hitch ball only to find out that I didn't have enough drop in the hitch to allow the trailer to mount appropriately. Saturday morning I drive to U-Haul to get a trailer, they don't have the tools required to mount the ball for their tongue. After a trip to the parts store, back to u-haul, and I'm on the road to Atlanta area, roughly a 4hour drive. Everything was going great until I stopped for gas, about 90 minutes away from Marc's place. I wasn't even empty, but it seemed like a good time to fuel up, grab some snacks, etc. Well that wasn't the best of ideas because the truck started to hiccup as soon as I got on the highway, and stalled out. Luckily I was able to coast to the side of the road where it was well lit and safe. 5 hours later, a friend shows up with a car load of tools, and a new fuel pump. Another few hours later, I somehow managed to get the truck running again after changing the fuel pump on the side of the road. Stupid me, tired and exhausted, and nauseous from the smell of fuel, pulls onto the highway without the hood fully latched. Both hinges broke, and it creased the hood, FML. All in all, a terrrible day, and I didn't even end up with the parts. I finally made it home at 3:30 this am, after returning the trailer to U-Haul. Bah...

And the result of my own stupidity (Both sides are like this):

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 03-08-2015).]

Rugger

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RuggerClick Here to visit Rugger's HomePageSend a Private Message to RuggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much would shipping be to Michigan? (48706 Zip Code)
Surprisingly enough, I just picked up another rust free frame, but it came without body panels of any kind!

Maybe send it via truck line like SAIA?
------------------

[This message has been edited by Rugger (edited 03-08-2015).]

msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rugger:

How much would shipping be to Michigan? (48706 Zip Code)
Surprisingly enough, I just picked up another rust free frame, but it came without body panels of any kind!

Maybe send it via truck line like SAIA?

Honestly, not too sure. I looked into just shipping the rear GT clip and related parts for an interested member on a 4'x5' crate and that was going to be about 300$ alone.

Marc

msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

msweldon

670 posts
Member since Sep 2000
Just for clarification, after Jncomutt's failed journey this weekend he decided not to get the GT panels so they are still for sale.
dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just for clarification, after Jncomutt's failed journey this weekend he decided not to get the GT panels so they are still for sale.

If you still have these when I get my tax return next month, I want them if they can be shipped for under 300 to kansas.

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 03-09-2015).]

msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dennis_6:

If you still have these when I get my tax return next month, I want them if they can be shipped for under 300 to kansas.

Unfortunately, there is probably no way the entire set of panels could be shipped for under 300$

I was quoted 300+ just for the GT clip on a 4' x 5' crate.

[This message has been edited by msweldon (edited 03-13-2015).]

msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Price lowered $700 obo

[This message has been edited by msweldon (edited 03-11-2015).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Darn nice panels! Sure wished I owned a truck.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Oh, forgot to add, this also includes the fastback rear wiring harness.

If you come close to the asking price I'll throw in two of the 18" x 7.5" wheels with yokohama 225/50/18 rubber with 60-80% tread left... why only 2 you ask, because the person who purchased the frame up threw two of them in his truck when I wasn't looking.. talk about pissed... The wheels are Drifz 207's painted silver.

I guess I would be contacting him and letting him know that he will be getting contact from a legal person!
msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

I guess I would be contacting him and letting him know that he will be getting contact from a legal person!

I did.. never answers his phone regardless of what number I call him from. Contacted the sheriff and as I expected he said take it to small claims court... It's not worth my time for a set of DrifZ's 130$ wheels with cheap worn tires on them. Least he didn't get the ones with the Yokohamas. Now if they were two RAYs or Volks or HRE's.........

I've had fun flagging his craigslist posts though..
PFF
System Bot
msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
treborerellim

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A free bump for you on some very nice panels. I hope they are still for sale once I get my situation under control. It's a long trip from PA
msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sold pending pickup

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock