Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Help - Need a Front Exhaust Manifold for 1987 2.8 in a BAD Way!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Help - Need a Front Exhaust Manifold for 1987 2.8 in a BAD Way! by Indianajones
Started on: 01-29-2015 12:37 AM
Replies: 15 (554 views)
Last post by: Lou and Blue on 02-06-2015 12:03 PM
Indianajones

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndianajonesSend a Private Message to IndianajonesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought I had the correct front Manifold but it has turned out to be a REAR Manifold. Needing to purchase one in a bad way. I would even purchase used headers if some were available. I have the car torn down currently and the manifold is to bad to have repaired. It has been repaired before and someone hosed it up.

I can be reached at whalj2@outlook.com.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indianajones:

Need a Front Exhaust Manifold for 1987 2.8 in a BAD Way!

I tried to warn you in your previous thread... WTB V6 Rear Exhaust Manifold NOS would be fantastic

Originally posted by Patrick:

I hope you're getting the correct manifold as it's usually the front exhaust manifold on a 2.8 that cracks.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-29-2015).]

Indianajones

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndianajonesSend a Private Message to IndianajonesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes and the manifold I purchased from a long time member of this site. I did not realize that it was the wrong one until I pulled it off to replace it. It was a NOS in a box and with the understanding of the member's experience stating that it was the correct one, I never opened the packaging to look at it, I have wasted my time and money the money thing is not the big deal. I just can't believe the dishonest and or lazy people today. I have never ripped anyone off and I'm not a kid, and although new to the Fiero world it seems that I have run into way to many experts that don't know **** . You can bet you ass that it won't happen again.
Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent an e-mail to you, I have a perfect condition one I had pulled from a junk car for my sons 87GT, but I am now installing a 3800SC so I no longer need it. I will sell for $10 plus the cost of shipping. Please call me at the number I provided in my e-mail if interested.. Curtis
Indianajones

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndianajonesSend a Private Message to IndianajonesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got you email. I will be calling shortly. But my Zip Code is 28079 (Indian Trail, NC). Thanks
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just can't believe the dishonest and or lazy people today...and although new to the Fiero world it seems that I have run into way to many experts that don't know ****.

I don't know the fella you bought the manifold from, and I don't know what the two of you may or may not have communicated with each other... but you did request a rear exhaust manifold, and that's apparently what you got.

The point I'm making is that there is nothing inherently "dishonest" with the overall Fiero community.

Anyway, I hope the repair of your Fiero works out.
Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry that the one I had for you was still the incorrect one. It is the exhaust manifold nearest the trunk when standing behind the car if anyone else is interested.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I have the correct one you need. Came off my 87 GT when I installed the headers with my 3.4 swap.
(I removed both stock manifolds so if they are both still there I'm sure I have what you need)
I need to take look in the garage this evening. If I have it, it's yours just for the shipping cost from Tampa, FL. area.
If for no other reason than to renew your faith in the Fiero community.....

------------------

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-29-2015).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okie Dokie

Sorry it took me a couple of days to dig through the mess, but I found them.
The trouble is I can't remember which one is the front and which one is the rear!

I'll have to match up the port spacing with my headers unless you can I.D. the one you need from these photos.
The manifolds are in pretty good shape as far as I can see.

Anyway, just PM me your full shipping address and the one you need is yours FREE.
I'll even cover the shipping.

If anyone needs the front manifold let me know, I'm feeling generous.
All I ask is that you don't turn around and re-sell it.
Be considerate to a fellow Fiero owner who may be in need.
Only ask for it if you really need it.

------------------

Indianajones

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndianajonesSend a Private Message to IndianajonesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is to Patrick's remark. I purchased a rear manifold on this site about 3 weeks ago because I found a crack in mine. The "Front" manifold that I purchased was almost six months ago and it was listed as NOS Front Manifold "factory recall kit" which it was just not for the front manifold or the left side manifold or what ever you want to call it. I paid a little more for it since it was NOS. When I received it I did not check it. Shame on me. I did not have words with this person and just started looking for another manifold. I just want to clear that up. Life is to short for stuff like that. Just want to let you know that I'm not that type of person but the world is full of them.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is to Patrick's remark... Just want to let you know that I'm not that type of person but the world is full of them.

Ummm, I'm a little confused about what's been said, but nevertheless... all I'd like to see is for everyone get the part that they need without any confusion or hassle so that they can end up contented with a functional Fiero.

Randye, nice to see you step up to the plate with your kind offer.
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2015 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Problem Solved.
1 PAIR of stock 2.8 manifolds shipped out UPS today with my compliments.
Enjoy!
Happy to be able to help out a fellow Fiero owner
------------------

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-03-2015).]

CarolinaRigman

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarolinaRigmanSend a Private Message to CarolinaRigmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Randye, you're a true gentleman!!!

I rounded up a set that I had too!!

Since we're feeling so generous, anyone got a rear stabilizer reasonable?

I'm not far from the member at Indian trail, I thought about heading that way
to look for a cavalier 5 speed. I could've dropped these off!

Doug
Indianajones

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndianajonesSend a Private Message to IndianajonesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have just had someone PM me about needing the left side manifold next to the back window or firewall side. That is the manifold that I need to complete my build that Randye was so gracious to supply. I do have the RH or manifold next to the trunk from Randye that I will send to someone in need of it for free, but as Randye stated it is not for personal gain to resell but for a real Fiero Forum user's need. If you still have the left side manifold please PM the details and I will have him get in touch with you. Thanks....
CarolinaRigman

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarolinaRigmanSend a Private Message to CarolinaRigmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just gave the set I had to a local friend with a 4 cyl, converting to a 6!
I have another set on a parts car out back, I'll have to get it off,but I'm having a back
procedure done the first of the week. Can he wait a week or maybe 2?
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Randye, YOU DA MAN !!!!!!!

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page