GM DOHC center engine cover by TXOPIE
Started on: 12-14-2014 03:25 PM
Replies: 14 (468 views)
Last post by: Grabber Green on 12-22-2014 11:39 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just like the ad states...looking to buy a DOHC center engine cover just like the one below:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Irrationable

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may have a spare that I could sell you, but I think its the "Twin Dual Cam V6" variant off the 91-93 model years. Any time I see one at the local pick a part, I grab it, so I have a few laying around. I wont be home to check what I have until this weekend though.

------------------
"The Twins"
'87 GT 3.4 pushrod daily driver
'88 GT 3.4 DOHC swap in progress

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet...let me know!
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still available from GM, 3 dealers in the country have 1 each, and vintage parts in wisconsin has 5. Unfortunately that is all of them.

dan
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonaduce:

still available from GM, 3 dealers in the country have 1 each, and vintage parts in wisconsin has 5. Unfortunately that is all of them.

dan

Thanks...just ordered one from Vintage Parts!
Irrationable

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im glad you found something. I called and had a family member check what I had for spares, and it sounds like most of them were in OK shape, but nothing near as nice as the brand-spanking-new cover that you'll be getting from Vintage. Mind if I ask what year DOHC you're swapping into your fiero?

------------------
"The Twins"
'87 GT 3.4 pushrod daily driver
'88 GT 3.4 DOHC swap in progress

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Irrationable:

Im glad you found something. I called and had a family member check what I had for spares, and it sounds like most of them were in OK shape, but nothing near as nice as the brand-spanking-new cover that you'll be getting from Vintage. Mind if I ask what year DOHC you're swapping into your fiero?

Irrationable,

At $35.00 for a brand new one, it was the best option.

Thanks for checking!
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what's the part number for one of these?

There were 3 different styles depending on the year... the 91-93 said Twin Dual Cam V6, the 94-95 was the same design but said 3.4L DOHC V6, and the 96-97 used a totally different cover that clipped to the fuel rails instead of bolting on. I wonder which one you'll get from GM?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
part# 24502977

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 12-15-2014).]

Silicoan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! From googling, it seems like it's for a 93, but I'm curious as to whether it'll say Twin Dual Cam V6 or 3.4L DOHC V6.

Let us know which one it is when it arrives!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2014 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silicoan86:

Thanks! From googling, it seems like it's for a 93, but I'm curious as to whether it'll say Twin Dual Cam V6 or 3.4L DOHC V6.

Let us know which one it is when it arrives!

part# 24502977 =

PFF
System Bot
Silicoan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2014 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you!
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2014 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn TXOPIE that looks nice for coming from VPI, if you are looking for anyother off the wall stuff that GM has decided to discontinue let me know and i can run it on the locator.

dan
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2014 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going to have a the center decal up for grabs from the 1st person to respond:

I will be putting my own custom dome-label in its place
Grabber Green

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Grabber GreenSend a Private Message to Grabber GreenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be sure to post a photo of your custom label when it's finished

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock