WTB: Corvette C5/C4 caplier adapters and concentric adapters by fyreTrap
Started on: 12-13-2014 04:29 PM
Replies: 6 (388 views)
Last post by: gambler85 on 12-17-2014 05:02 PM
fyreTrap

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyreTrapSend a Private Message to fyreTrapEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not going to keep the 9"ers, so I am looking for custom C5 front/C4 rear brackets/adapters. I have the front brackets and calipers but am still missing the rear setup and master cylinder.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiervette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FiervetteSend a Private Message to FiervetteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't sell anything, but having done this recently I can offer some advice. This is all assuming that you have an 84-87. I don't think Corvette calipers on an 88 are very common, the 88 calipers will work with bigger rotors as is with just some adapters. DoubleC4 sells both front and rear brackets for this setup, plus concentric rings. He has recently posted a sales thread,

DoubleC4 brakes

He also includes a howto link.

I didn't follow their advice for master cylinder or parking brake.

For Master Cylinder, I got one from a full size 94 Blazer w/vacuum boost. Just swap out reservoirs and it is a bolt in. Cheap and in stock at Rockauto or any parts store.

Parking brake cable solution I used is here -

Parking brake solution

Just make sure you get rear calipers with both brackets. Most of the remans have only the mounting bracket or none it all. There is a parking brake cable bracket you will also need. This setup is as close to bolt in as you can get and cheap too.

One issue I have is this really increases the front brake bias. I am investigating options to remedy this.
fyreTrap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fyreTrapSend a Private Message to fyreTrapEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome I will get a hold of him.
fyreTrap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fyreTrapSend a Private Message to fyreTrapEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fyreTrap

142 posts
Member since Oct 2008

Originally posted by Fiervette:

Just make sure you get rear calipers with both brackets. Most of the remans have only the mounting bracket or none it all. There is a parking brake cable bracket you will also need. This setup is as close to bolt in as you can get and cheap too.

One issue I have is this really increases the front brake bias. I am investigating options to remedy this.

Both brackets meaning one per side? I found a reman with the brackets at advanced auto.

Can't you just run a manual proportioning valve?
Fiervette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2014 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FiervetteSend a Private Message to FiervetteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are 2 different bracket needed at both calipers, for a total of 4.

Here is picture of just mounting bracket included -

Here is one with both brackets plus the spring that are needed -

As you can see on the second one there is another bracket opposite the parking brake lever. That is what the outer end of the cable sleeve mounts in. As I said, most remans don't include this part. This is the exact one I bought, it is available at Rockauto, and possibly eBay. The ones that Advance carries only have the mounting bracket. If you bought those, you would need to source the other bracket to use the parking brake solution in the thread I referenced.

As far as proportioning valve, I was going to disable the built-in one in the combination valve by removing the piston and spring. I was then going to weld up the hole in the plug. I believe that advice came from WCF. If it then has too much rear bias, I will do as you suggest and install a manually adjustable proportioning valve.
fyreTrap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2014 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fyreTrapSend a Private Message to fyreTrapEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok cool. Didnt mean to be spoon fed but ive never seen an ebrake setup like that. Going to check rockauto right now.
gambler85

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2014 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gambler85Send a Private Message to gambler85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the master cylinder and the rear calipers. I also have the from calipers and a s10 booster if u are interested u can email me mtkrusmark@yahoo.com

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock