FS: THE Tube Chassis Fiero is For Sale by eph_kay
Started on: 12-12-2014 08:32 PM
Replies: 9 (2406 views)
Last post by: eph_kay on 12-23-2014 07:40 PM
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay guys, I real thought it was gonna be me to get this car driving under its own power, but it just isn't looking that way at this time.

So without further ado:

So here is how the car sits right now.

Here is the build thread on it:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-1-048610.html

I have owned the car for a few years now, and took it to the 30th anniversary fiero show.

I have painted the frame and suspension with POR 15 black paint.

In my ownership I added the wheels and tires and the brakes and removed a few extra parts that were welded on by previous owners.

I also added some billet aluminum mounts to hold the current drivetrain.

So a little about the car. This is an 86 gt based car with a clean clear title in my name. Vin matches on the doors and to the standard vin plate and should have a stock fiero windshield mount into it without any problems. The drivetrain is an audi 2.7tt motor from a 2001 S4 with a 6 speed manual transmission, The engine is a 5 valve per cylinder v6 dohc stock rated to like 300hp with a tune. These motors are easily built to 750hp and beyond. And the transmission in stock form has been known to handle 800whp in a 2wd application and almost 1000awhp with upgraded differentials.

The car was in a rain store in its current state on the way to the big fiero show, and there was a lot of rain! the engine wasn't sealed and as I would guess is in need of open up and cleaned up and most likely rebuilt. It does come with everything but the turbos, all the accessories and everything are there and wiring harness and computer.

There are no axles currently but driveshaft shop makes inner flanged to replace the stock audi flanges and outer flanges for the corvette knuckles and half shafts rated to thousands of hp.

The brakes on the car are C5 Z06 13" rotors and 2 piston floating calipers.

The wheels are OEM Grand Sport 18x9.5 19x12.5 chrome wheels. The tires are stock size for the grand sport 275 front and 325 rear Nitto Invo tires are brand new, only rolled a little.

This car has a ton of history and I know you will have lots of questions so feel free to post them.

I am asking $11,000 for it as it sits.

The only reason I am selling is I have a Lotus Elise that I am planning to build and I just can't seem to get myself to getting back into working on it.

Here are some pictures from the 30th:

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thefierofarm.com

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man I love this car!
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish I could afford this...
eph_kay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thefierofarm.com:

Man I love this car!

Thanks Todd, I wish I could finish it and come visit you with it bit of a drive though…

Chris
Rodney

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the intended end use for this chassis? Race car? Street use? If it is street use the tops of the tires seem higher than the tops of the doors. How would fenders fit? Or would it be a no fender design? Bumpers if for street use? Kit car like a Lambo?

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

eph_kay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My hope and dream was a dune buggyesce street/track car.

As noted to putting a body on this would be extremely challenging to keep the fiero look without flare and bubbles to accomodate the wheels.

The "frame" or cab is actually channeled a few inches as apposed to the wheels.

One things that is scary about this car is it has 2.75" of ground clearance to the chassis, so that will probably deter some people from running it on the street.

I had planned an adjustable suspension to raise the car for speed bumps and the like, and other than those few things, and finding a way to do a bumper that does the exposed frame justice, I think it could be a very street able car.

Chris
eph_kay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2014 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Couple more things to add to this.

It does come with a second set of wheels and tires, they are the c5 wheel, called wagon wheels, that were on it during the build of the car. The rear tires are brand new, but when I bought the tube chassis the front tires had been swapped out for junk ones.

I am willing to sell the car without the chrome wheel and tires and I will take $2000 off if you don't want them.

I will also well it without the Audi drivetrain and parts, I will also take $2000 off if you don't want it.

Oh! and the car does still come with the radiator that was originally planned to be used, and I have the dry sump tank that was still on the car when I got it, and the gas tank, which I haven't touched and is still a bit rusty from the rain this car was towed through before I got it.

So In other words:

$11000 with 2 sets of wheels and tires and the drivetrain and all the extra parts.

$9000 without the grand sport wheel and tires, but still having the drivetrain and extra parts

$9000 with both sets of wheels but no drivetrain at all, but still having the radiator and some of the extra parts

$7000 for the chassis with the original painted wheels and no drivetrain

I would also consider keeping the c5 z06 brakes for $750 off of that.

Thanks for your interest, if it doesn't sell I will keep pushing forward to finish it.

Chris
eph_kay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2014 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody have any questions about this?

Chris
355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to see the frame up for sale again. I was wondering a couple weeks ago what happened to it. I was the person that originally bought it from Doug who built it. It sat in a friend's garage for several years and I then sold it to a fellow down in the southern States somewhere. He was going to put it in his F40 project. He then sold it to you I believe.

It really is a beautiful frame and I wish you luck in the sale. Wish I still had a need for it...... Hopefully, the next owner can finish it off and see it hit the road or track.

Cheers
Don
eph_kay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, I bought it from James down in Arkansas. I really hope it can see the road before too long, and I know there is somebody out there that will be able to dedicate to it, and see it to the road

Thanks for your comments, it is a beautiful frame just as it is

Chris

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock