Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Nice looking Testarossa clone on eBay....(Not Mine)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Nice looking Testarossa clone on eBay....(Not Mine) by Bad Cornflakes
Started on: 12-12-2014 01:57 PM
Replies: 8 (406 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 12-18-2014 06:53 PM
Bad Cornflakes

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bad CornflakesSend a Private Message to Bad CornflakesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a nice looking car, but the description has it as " it started life as a 1985 Pontiac Fiero GT with a 4-Speed Manual & V6 High Output engine., this motor has been gone through and is now producing 270Hp combine with the total vehicle weight of only 2200lbs" lol......Yeah, right. 270 hp out of a 2.8? 2200 lbs? It must be real carbon fiber on the doors and around the gear shifter.

Like I said, it's a nice looking car but I think it's being severely misrepresented.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fer...40&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BabyEating Dingo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyEating DingoSend a Private Message to BabyEating DingoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hate to say it but it doesn't look like a real Testarossa, at all.
Bad Cornflakes

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bad CornflakesSend a Private Message to Bad CornflakesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BabyEating Dingo:

Hate to say it but it doesn't look like a real Testarossa, at all.

Well, there is that too......
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the builder forgot to put a Ferrari logo on it
lurtz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurtzSend a Private Message to lurtzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
270hp 2.8? 2200lbs? Sounds a little like wishful thinking to me.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly guys...this looks like a home brew of an Argenta...not the Final Kit offered to the public but a poor copy of the ones utilized in the 1988 movie "Action Jackson"....go review your copy of the movie.

The Argenta was originally designed by Kenny Youngblood for the Action Jackson Movie. It was slightly redesigned & put into production as a kit or turn-key in about 1986 by Pacific Motorsports in CA.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Honestly guys...this looks like a home brew of an Argenta...not the Final Kit offered to the public but a poor copy of the ones utilized in the 1988 movie "Action Jackson"....go review your copy of the movie.

The Argenta was originally designed by Kenny Youngblood for the Action Jackson Movie. It was slightly redesigned & put into production as a kit or turn-key in about 1986 by Pacific Motorsports in CA.

The sad part is that the car is beautiful inside and out. The panels seem lined up and it is VERY clean. The issue I have is that it looks TOO close to the Testarossa which is a red flag for me. That is the type of car that gets laughs when you see it because it looks like a poorly done replica. You would have to carry around a folder of information just to show nay-sayers that it is the Argenta and not a Ferrari replica. Then you add in the fact that a dealer is selling the car and you get the entire bullshit sales pitch of pulling trophy's everywhere you go and how authentic it looks.

I'd take the car, debadge it, rework the ass end so it is not so flat and gets more curve back into it. Then the car would be a keeper for me.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 12-13-2014).]

Racer_JT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2014 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ACTION JACKSON movie kit car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4GLzyiN9_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2uTrP4GK3U

[This message has been edited by Racer_JT (edited 12-18-2014).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2014 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, but that doesn't look much like a Testa Rosa......other than the strakes on the side and tail.
Thats not even close...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock