Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Wanted....... Blue '87 GT with automatic.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Wanted....... Blue '87 GT with automatic. by railshot
Started on: 11-08-2014 10:13 AM
Replies: 18 (480 views)
Last post by: railshot on 11-22-2014 06:50 PM
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has been way too long since I have owned a Fiero, and I was just thinking this morning that I should see what is out there.

I very recently totaled my '06 Mustang GT, and really do not want to replace it, but need a toy.

I am being pretty specific in my search, and am really only interested in a Blue '87 with automatic.
A 5spd would be considered, but my old knees would limit the fun times, getting old does have its drawbacks.

Other '86 and up GT's would be considered, but I am really missing my Blue '87 today for some reason.

The last Fiero I owned was an '88 Formula that I really should have kept, but that is another story.
Now that I think about it, a Formula (with an automatic) might be good to have also!

Anybody have something or know of one for sale, please contact me either here, or email me directly at .......

railshot@hotmail.com

Please include as much information as you can, and of course any pictures available too.

Projects are ok as long as rust is at a minimum in the trunk and the cradle. (Wisconsin was not kind to Fiero's back when I had mine lol and I am a terrible welder).

I am located just outside of Lake Geneva Wi. and would like to keep it as local as I can.

Thanks,
Dave
a.k.a "railshot"
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here you go and how have you been. Long time

http://chicago.craigslist.o.../cto/4742513885.html

------------------
1992 SVX LS-L
1998 Ford F150 Super Cab V8 4X4
2003 PT Dream Cruser #1801
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Thomas,
I saw that one earlier, and if it was a GT I would have been all over it!
Been good myself, how have you been holding up.
It has been a long time....
huracan2015

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've always said I will never sell my first car... but $8k and it's yours lol. overpriced? yes. Want to sell? not at all
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by huracan2015:
I've always said I will never sell my first car... but $8k and it's yours lol. overpriced? yes. Want to sell? not at all

LOL. I have always felt this way. Everything is for sale, it's just a matter of how much you are willing to pay.

Try this thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/070394.html

Edit: My bad, just looked at it was sold. Free bump for you.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 11-09-2014).]

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by huracan2015:

Very wise choice, and I wish I still had my first car.... not.
LOL. 1961 Chevy wagons are not that attractive!

When I bought my first Fiero GT, brand spankin new in '86, I would have loved to only pay $8k!
Hang on to it, enjoy it, and most of all, never regret keeping it.

It would appear that factory blue GT's are relatively rare from my past 24 hours of searching, and they are not being sold either.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are out there so keep looking. I just bought an 87 GT Blue with T-Tops in near mint condition with 85,000 miles. For reference I paid $4,000 for it and $700 to ship it 691 miles. It needed a windshield ($225), a thorough cleaning ($150 including complete compounding), two new headlight motors ($180), GT trunk seal ($100) a couple bulbs ($10) and new tires ($320) but will need a bit more as time goes on and the little problems start showing themselves. All said that is $5,685. It needs a nose badge as well but I haven't found one yet. can't imagine that will be more than $30 or so,

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 11-09-2014).]

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

They are out there so keep looking. I just bought an 87 GT Blue with T-Tops in near mint condition with 85,000 miles. For reference I paid $4,000 for it and $700 to ship it 691 miles. It needed a windshield ($225), a thorough cleaning ($150 including complete compounding), two new headlight motors ($180), GT trunk seal ($100) a couple bulbs ($10) and new tires ($320) but will need a bit more as time goes on and the little problems start showing themselves. All said that is $5,685. It needs a nose badge as well but I haven't found one yet. can't imagine that will be more than $30 or so,

That would appear to be a very good deal.
I am still looking, and when the right one comes along, I will buy it!
Wanna sell me yours?
Just kidding, and congratulations on the purchase.
MRBLUE87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRBLUE87Send a Private Message to MRBLUE87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have two cars that you might consider. I haven't put them up for sale but might consider selling one to help pay for restoring my red Formula and silver Formula. I have a 1987 blue GT automatic. Runs and drives. Needs minor work. Also a white Formula T Top. I am putting a new fuel pump in it now so it isn't running at this time. Automatic, PW.PL. Subwoofer, Leather Beechwood seats. It was the February 2013 Fiero Store Calendar car if you want to see a picture. Located close to you 10 miles west of Rockford IL
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

That would appear to be a very good deal.
I am still looking, and when the right one comes along, I will buy it!
Wanna sell me yours?
Just kidding, and congratulations on the purchase.

Honestly, that is exactly what I was thinking. My daughter doesn't know we got it for her yet. I was thinking you get an equivalent (or close) one and we sell them to each other for $1. My wife suggested we get the girl downstairs and just go through random GT pictures with her to see what she says about colors. The only one she liked was the blue GT. She still has no idea but...well...that kind of sunk that idea.
FIERO JOHN-WI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a FYI "ThePrezzz" Tom, has a original 1987 Blue GT automatic, I think he has only 37,000 to 41,000 miles he is getting ready to sell it in Spring, but I noticed your in Wisconsin and so is he in Greenfield Wi so maybe you can contact him. The car is clean and everything works, never smoked in and no pets in it either, He has a heated garage so it stays nice a warm. Don't know what he is asking, all he does with it is show it at car shows and either takes it on the Fall or spring cruise with the Fiero group. Here is his cell number and home number.
cell 1-414-336-4361
home 1-414-282-9926
PFF
System Bot
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIERO JOHN-WI:

Just a FYI "ThePrezzz" Tom, has a original 1987 Blue GT automatic, I think he has only 37,000 to 41,000 miles he is getting ready to sell it in Spring, but I noticed your in Wisconsin and so is he in Greenfield Wi so maybe you can contact him. The car is clean and everything works, never smoked in and no pets in it either, He has a heated garage so it stays nice a warm. Don't know what he is asking, all he does with it is show it at car shows and either takes it on the Fall or spring cruise with the Fiero group. Here is his cell number and home number.
cell 1-414-336-4361
home 1-414-282-9926

Thanks John, that makes 2 local to me.
Someone else emailed me with a 22,000 mile blue GT earlier today.
He is looking for $12K, which is not outrageous, but a bit more than I was hoping to spend.
I am sure they are both extremely nice, but I have to drive mine when and if I get one.
Both of these sound like they should be kept low miles, and I will average a minimum of 8K miles a year during good weather.
I garaged my Mustang every year....... it would have been in storage this week if I had not totaled it.

Hey, I like to drive them!
fiero_derrickwi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_derrickwiSend a Private Message to fiero_derrickwiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The prezzzz's blue GT is absolutely amazing, I was actually talking to him about buying it months ago!! Extremely clean car
FIERO JOHN-WI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope you get it as the other member mentioned a very clean, very maintained Fiero, you can take right to a car show!!
FIERO JOHN-WI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIERO JOHN-WI

2402 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Oh almost forgot his price, he is asking $7,500 or best offer. He works with every fiero guy when it comes to price and even takes trades and cash. His big love is his lambo that he is finishing up and as for his stock GT all he ever wants is that his car goes to some who will drive it and enjoy it. Trust me he will be drving that lambo daily once he finishes it, except in the snow! LOL
fiero_derrickwi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_derrickwiSend a Private Message to fiero_derrickwiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You wanna talk about a fiero being loved and well cared for- the prezzzz's blue GT is that car
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still looking for a blue '87 GT automatic.

What I would like is more of a project car than a perfect example.
Need to get my hands dirty again, been too long.
Hoping for minimal rust, and no major body work needed, but needing repainting would be ok.
I know how the clearcoat is usually destroyed on them (I've had a couple already like that) so not a big issue.

I have ca$h for the right one!

Thanks,
Dave
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its a standard and 86, but it popped up so I figured I'd share it with you

Blue 86 GT manual
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

Its a standard and 86, but it popped up so I figured I'd share it with you

Blue 86 GT manual

Thanks DKcustoms,
I saw that one myself, but not being a true 87 Blue, and a stick shift I passed on it.
Keep them coming if anyone finds one.
d

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock