wtb 87 fiero gt PONTIAC tail light lenses by MatadorRed Fiero
Started on: 10-31-2014 08:30 PM
Replies: 21 (531 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 11-02-2014 11:03 PM
MatadorRed Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MatadorRed FieroSend a Private Message to MatadorRed FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine are terribly fractured - PON side almost gone. TIAC craze and cracked. Please help me find a new set. Will consider buy entire tail light assembly if price is right.

[This message has been edited by MatadorRed Fiero (edited 10-31-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MatadorRed Fiero:

Mine are terribly fractured - PON side almost gone. TIAC craze and cracked. Please help me find a new set. Will consider buy entire tail light assembly if price is right.

I have a pair NIB asking 1400$ also have a pair that is undelaminated and no cracks asking 900$
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Grabber Green

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Grabber GreenSend a Private Message to Grabber GreenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PM sent
eodtech72

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2014 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eodtech72Send a Private Message to eodtech72Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

I have a pair NIB asking 1400$ also have a pair that is undelaminated and no cracks asking 900$
regards
Danyel

LOL
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2014 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by eodtech72:

LOL

really ?? ...... find a pair and let me know how much you paid. Dont think you'll find a set New In Box. As for the other set the last one like them went for $850 on Ebay (Complete Assembly)
regards
Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-01-2014).]

Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2014 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ummm,The newb should do his homework... Danyel's asking price is not an insult....

To the OP: I think I am getting a decent set soon,I will let you know when I do. I'll shoot ya a p.m.
MatadorRed Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2014 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MatadorRed FieroSend a Private Message to MatadorRed FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apoligize if anyone thought i was insulted - i thought my ignorance was made obvious in my reply and yes I am new and polite approaching this forum. Never intended to insult anyone
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2014 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Apoligize if anyone thought i was insulted - i thought my ignorance was made obvious in my reply and yes I am new and polite approaching this forum. Never intended to insult anyone

You didn't do anything wrong. The comment above was towards eodtech72 who is also new to the forum. The second part was intended for you
eodtech72

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eodtech72Send a Private Message to eodtech72Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about everyone calm down. For the OP, I found a set after some patience and searching that only needed to be polished and look like new for..... $75.00! I did have to drive 2 hours to get them but worth it.
Is that deal common. No, but some people are getting out of hand with the prices of these on this forum. I'll keep an eye out and see if I come across another set. You just have to find someone that is not a collector or looking for an outrageous profit. And the last set that sold on here that were in very nice condition went for $600, but again there are still deals to be found without getting taken to the bank. And just because I'm new to This forum doesnt mean I don't have a clue. I'm here to help whenever I can since most here are here to do the same.
Good luck in your search and just be patient.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2014 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How about everyone calm down. For the OP, I found a set after some patience and searching that only needed to be polished and look like new for..... $75.00! I did have to drive 2 hours to get them but worth it.
Is that deal common. No, but some people are getting out of hand with the prices of these on this forum . I'll keep an eye out and see if I come across another set. You just have to find someone that is not a collector or looking for an outrageous profit. And the last set that sold on here that were in very nice condition went for $600, but again there are still deals to be found without getting taken to the bank . And just because I'm new to This forum doesnt mean I don't have a clue. I'm here to help whenever I can since most here are here to do the same.
Good luck in your search and just be patient.

WOW !!!!!

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-01-2014).]

JJFieroFan

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2014 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are expensive, no doubt. I'm the one who paid 650 for a near mint set. Maybe find one that is delaminates but not cracked and repair it yourself. Original parts are pricey that is for sure. And I think the prices will continue to rise. Supply and demand! I guess. Good luck! JJ

And Danyel, that set in the box is money in the bank!!! I would hang on to it!!

[This message has been edited by JJFieroFan (edited 11-01-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2014 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JJFieroFan:

And Danyel, that set in the box is money in the bank!!! I would hang on to it!!

I would never sell those. It's too easy to sell them and then a week later, the person gets rear ended and they are gone forever. I would hold on to them as they are a true piece of Fiero history that cannot be replaced. On another note, as far as prices, if someone wants something bad enough, they will pay for it. Years ago I won a Darrel Morse strut tower brace on Ebay for $350 even though they have been sold for WAY cheaper. It was a bidding war but I really wanted it although it does nothing for the car but look pretty

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 11-01-2014).]

JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a decent set on my car and the near mint set waiting to be put on. I will keep a spare set in case of accident or if they split. I am having mine put on by a body shop. Hopefully in the spring. I need nicer drip rails installed and my front fascia has cracking so I will get all done at once. I have a careful body shop I trust. I would always keep a spare set. I also had a spare set of notchback tail lights that went with the sale of my notchback. Certain parts you need to keep spares. JJ

[This message has been edited by JJFieroFan (edited 11-02-2014).]

fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it is that high price that will kill fiero cars why ??????? because if some parts like that rise and rise and rise and the value of the fiero itself is very low some people like me will sale the car and buy a car that have a bigger value like a corvette or something like that . i dont have trouble to pay 1000 for tail light for a z06 vette but not for a fiero.
eodtech72

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eodtech72Send a Private Message to eodtech72Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtx:

it is that high price that will kill fiero cars why ??????? because if some parts like that rise and rise and rise and the value of the fiero itself is very low some people like me will sale the car and buy a car that have a bigger value like a corvette or something like that . i dont have trouble to pay 1000 for tail light for a z06 vette but not for a fiero.

Finally another voice of reason. OEM tail lights for my ZL1 Camaro don't cost $1k and it's a $50k+ car..... My Fiero was purchased for just over $2k.... And your right if people keep buying up every descent set of tail lights just to sell them for a huge profit it will eventually cause the average Fiero owner to lose interest in fixing up these cars since the value of these cars are not going up into the collector car status prices that some of these parts are.

For the OP, I'll take a look at my old tail lights. I think the Drivers side is uncracked and usable after some cleaning/polishing. I can take a pic to send you and if you're interested you can have it for shipping cost.
JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand your frustration. Until someone like the Fiero Store reproduces them that is what happens. When TFS sees the high prices they will find a way to reproduce them and then this will drive the price down. Car collecting is not a cheap pursuit. If you are looking for something for nothing you aren't going to find it. I keep spare parts so I can keep my car going in case of a problem or accident. I am not reselling them. I will always have more in the car than what it is worth. And I will sometimes have to pay more for that pristine part to keep my 133k driver looking sharp. Parts will always be scarce and sometimes expensive. After all, our cars are 30 years old. No disrespect intended.
MatadorRed Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MatadorRed FieroSend a Private Message to MatadorRed FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you to all and to all who can help

Colleen
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JJFieroFan:

I understand your frustration. Until someone like the Fiero Store reproduces them that is what happens. When TFS sees the high prices they will find a way to reproduce them and then this will drive the price down. Car collecting is not a cheap pursuit. If you are looking for something for nothing you aren't going to find it. I keep spare parts so I can keep my car going in case of a problem or accident. I am not reselling them. I will always have more in the car than what it is worth. And I will sometimes have to pay more for that pristine part to keep my 133k driver looking sharp. Parts will always be scarce and sometimes expensive. After all, our cars are 30 years old. No disrespect intended.

The Fiero Store was producing the lenses for a few years, with the original GM tooling / mold, however the molds were lost somehow, I think the company they used went belly up or something (I forget what they told me) and now we have to just rely on each other. I've never seen the housing made again. I was lucky enough a few months back to get a set of NOS lenses for dirt cheap, just about 100 for each side.

Our issue is, we are such a small market of car owners it wouldn't be worth anyone's time coming up with tooling for lenses, sail panels, t top gaskets... they would never see a return on their investment more than likely.

Here's to one of us hitting the lottery and having plenty of stupid money to make some parts!
JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With 3D printing and new technology, something will come up. As Fieros get older parts will again be produced. You can count on it. There is always money to be made. JJ
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@eodtech72 I dont really get your reasoning the way I understand what your saying is that I shouldn't put 4K in Mag rims and 5K for a V8 or 1k in vertical doors or 1K in the interior or even 4K in a paint job because our cars will NEVER go up in value .... right? Well many of us who have mod Fieros will be willing to pay for high end parts WITHOUT thinking we are getting ripped off. Fastback tail lights are getting RARE when undelaminated and non existant for New in the Box.... My fiero will NEVER be worth the money I put into it but its my fiero ..... ask Troyboy or MadArch about their cars ... oh by the way WELCOME to the forum I just notice you are new here.

regards
Daniel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

eodtech72

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eodtech72Send a Private Message to eodtech72Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

@eodtech72 I dont really get your reasoning the way I understand what your saying is that I shouldn't put 4K in Mag rims and 5K for a V8 or 1k in vertical doors or 1K in the interior or even 4K in a paint job because our cars will NEVER go up in value .... right? Well many of us who have mod Fieros will be willing to pay for high end parts WITHOUT thinking we are getting ripped off. Fastback tail lights are getting RARE when undelaminated and non existant for New in the Box.... My fiero will NEVER be worth the money I put into it but its my fiero ..... ask Troyboy or MadArch about their cars ... oh by the way WELCOME to the forum I just notice you are new here.

regards
Daniel

Danyel,
I'm not sure what you're comments have to do with the OP's thread but if you want to debate something with me how about you do it outside this thread since it has nothing to do with your or my opinions. Even though I'm a "newb" I believe that would be proper etiquette but as a long time member I'm sure you already knew that. Oh and thanks for the welcome....
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel,
I'm not sure what you're comments have to do with the OP's thread but if you want to debate something with me how about you do it outside this thread since it has nothing to do with your or my opinions. Even though I'm a "newb" I believe that would be proper etiquette but as a long time member I'm sure you already knew that. Oh and thanks for the welcome....

You are definately right and I opologize to the OP for that..... but seeing to started it with your LOL comment I just had find out why your smartaleck remark. Will I debate this outside with you HELL NO !!!! aint worth my time got too much to do.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock