racecar by legutt
Started on: 10-07-2014 11:59 AM
Replies: 24 (1517 views)
Last post by: kwagner on 03-15-2015 08:34 PM
legutt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GT 2 Tube frame SD4 racecar See eBay #151434531006
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reserve auctions are so counter-productive on ebay. You have no idea what the ball park of the seller is. I usually lose interest after a bid or two.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My idea is that a fiero club should buy it and have fun with it. I wish I had cash and everything else that goes along with a racecar. It would be lots of fun, I love road racing.
chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What is something like that worth? It is really cool (to the few fiero fanatics out there) but is there an active race series using these cars?
The not street legal thing kills it for me. I guess a pontiac or racing museum might be the most likely place?
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrissin712:

What is something like that worth? It is really cool (to the few fiero fanatics out there) but is there an active race series using these cars?
The not street legal thing kills it for me. I guess a pontiac or racing museum might be the most likely place?

Chris-
"Street Legal" is more of a recommendation.....lol!

legutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are venues all over the country that run vintage events. Road Atlanta, Mid America in Ohio, Autobahn in Chicgo, NOLA in Louisiana, Talladega, Sears Pointe, and on and on and on.

If you lose interest after a couple bids, you wern't interested in the first place.

If there's real interest, all it takes is a phone call. It's been listed for three days and I have responded to 23 phone calls.

I also have a street legal, highly modified GT with a SD4 in it with 290 RWH. What a ride. Wouldn't trade it for any v8
or 3800 SC conversion that I've ever driven.

They're my cars and I like them and I'm not in a position to where I have to sell them. Just thought I'd share a little different
story with some Fiero people. Glad some of you enjoyed the info. Sorry about the whiners.
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
legutt-
Can you share some of the history of your two cars with us? Both look great, wish you were closer and I had the spare $$$!
chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by h.d.fire:
Chris-
"Street Legal" is more of a recommendation.....lol!

I have enough trouble with my legal plated and insured toys....haha
legutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bothe cars were built by a man in the Chicago area. He passed away about 2 years ago. He had a reputation for really making the SD4 work as it was intended. I'm too old to be driving an IMSA car but
the street car!!! All I can really say is WOW What a ride. This man really knew what he was doing and
I am the current beneficiary of his skills and legacy. I'm told that he only ran the IMSA car at Autobahn
in Joliet, Ill. I' sure that he ran the "street" car there too because as I was just cleaning it up, I found considerabel asphalt gravel in all the little places where it could get cought. The car had been lowered and the inside of the front fenders showed quite a bit of tire wear...I guess from downforce or heavy braking. The car has street Hoosiers on it but the outside edges show a little more wear than the center of the tires. I would love to have been there to watch. I drove a Corvette GT1 when I was active but this little "street" car is nothing but scary fast 1800lbs and almost 300 hp. What a combination. Bless you for your interest in my Fieros. Wish I could share my experience with all of you that care. You'd have a lot of fun.

Ol' Bob
PFF
System Bot
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ol Bob,

I for one would love to see any and all pics you could post of the IMSA in action on a track or otherwise

I have one of the reproduced IMSA bodies based on your car and would like to have some photos of the grown up version of the real racing IMSA's. Mine is not a SD4 but a very nice 3800SC.(1st IMSA with one I believe )

revin

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 10-09-2014).]

legutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go to Google images and put in "Huffaker Fiero". You'll be busy just looking for a long time.
chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interesting! Do you mind sharing who built the car? Autobahn Joliet is basically right near both HD Fire and my self.
Ive never seen the car there but it has a great history. Hopefully it'll come back up this way...haha

Originally posted by legutt:

Bothe cars were built by a man in the Chicago area. He passed away about 2 years ago. He had a reputation for really making the SD4 work as it was intended. I'm too old to be driving an IMSA car but
the street car!!! All I can really say is WOW What a ride. This man really knew what he was doing and
I am the current beneficiary of his skills and legacy. I'm told that he only ran the IMSA car at Autobahn
in Joliet, Ill. I' sure that he ran the "street" car there too because as I was just cleaning it up, I found considerabel asphalt gravel in all the little places where it could get cought. The car had been lowered and the inside of the front fenders showed quite a bit of tire wear...I guess from downforce or heavy braking. The car has street Hoosiers on it but the outside edges show a little more wear than the center of the tires. I would love to have been there to watch. I drove a Corvette GT1 when I was active but this little "street" car is nothing but scary fast 1800lbs and almost 300 hp. What a combination. Bless you for your interest in my Fieros. Wish I could share my experience with all of you that care. You'd have a lot of fun.

Ol' Bob

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have done that search before for Huffaker Fiero many times.
Did not see this car anywhere in that search. Was it painted a different color once before?

or you could have just said NO I do not have pics.
thx

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 10-09-2014).]

h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrissin712:

Interesting! Do you mind sharing who built the car? Autobahn Joliet is basically right near both HD Fire and my self.
Ive never seen the car there but it has a great history. Hopefully it'll come back up this way...haha

You beat me to it Chris! I can't believe these cars were that close to us and we haven't seen them before! Boy the wheels
are spinning in my head.....(lets see...how mad will the wife get if I buy....), lol!

chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ive got a spare garage spot where you can store it. But I need the keys so I can.... ugh... move out the riding mower..lol
Either that or NIFE needs to buy it and keep a garage at autobahn!

Originally posted by h.d.fire:

You beat me to it Chris! I can't believe these cars were that close to us and we haven't seen them before! Boy the wheels
are spinning in my head.....(lets see...how mad will the wife get if I buy....), lol!

legutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car brought $11,000 on Ebay. Not enough. Need a 4 man team to buy it and run it at The Walter Mitty Challenge at Road Atlanta Next year.
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by legutt:

Car brought $11,000 on Ebay. Not enough.

A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Chubba's family is on this forum trying to sell his other cars. They're not bringing any more than $11k either.
legutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have all of Chubbas cars and engines except the red ITB car.
chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A car also only sells if the seller gets what her wants though.

That being said... what would it take to get them sold? Are you planning to relist or post asking prices?
Do you have cars other then the Huffaker Car and the White SD4 car? Csaba also had some Duke powered ITA cars too I believe.

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Chubba's family is on this forum trying to sell his other cars. They're not bringing any more than $11k either.

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to post "props" for this seller. After I looked all over the place, legutt had exactly what I needed, and at a very reasonable price.

If you need something SD4 related, give him a shout. I spent quite a while talking with him on the phone, the other day. Good guy.
legutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right now, looks as if the car is going to Switzerland. Sure wish it was going to stay in this country so I could watch it run again. There's somebody out there in this country that really wants this car...now if only I could find him...or her. Best offer so far is $15,500. My Swiss buyer is trying to arrange shipping...I haven't seen any money yet so the car isn't sold until Ol' Bob has a little cash in his hand. Any real interest out there...you better hurry. Thanks to everybody for the nice comments.
alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The original link is gone, can you remind us what car this is? Thanks.
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alcazar88:

The original link is gone, can you remind us what car this is? Thanks.

Here's the car on racingjunk:
http://www.racingjunk.com/G...914/Fiero-IMSA-.html

Talked to ol' Bob for a bit today. Great guy. Lots of good parts. If I had more $, it would probably all be going to him Hope to meet you in Daytona if you go, Bob!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock