Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Any interest in a disassembled Getrag? Have other parts too.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any interest in a disassembled Getrag? Have other parts too. by mental floss
Started on: 10-06-2014 08:57 PM
Replies: 6 (275 views)
Last post by: mental floss on 10-24-2014 07:23 PM
mental floss

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-06-2014 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm told this is a Getrag 5 speed. It doesn't look too difficult to put back together. Output shaft is still assembled. Looks like a good opportunity to replace bearings and synchros for a fresh trans.

I have some interior parts,
ext door panels,
fenders, (have a pair of Red over Silver)
head light assemblies (offered to one person first if he wants them),
rear deck grills,
sun roof glass,
GT dash with a couple of cracks (has been offered to one person here if he wants it first), along with the GT 2-gauge cluster, earlier speedo cluster with 85 mph speedo,
rocker panel,
some tan trim pieces,
misc bezels,
cooling fans,
Notchback sail panels (probably only in fair condition).

[This message has been edited by mental floss (edited 10-06-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-08-2014 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm guessing now under inspection that this is a 4 speed and not a Getrag 5 speed as I was told?
Thanks.

1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is definitely a 4spd. Probably the 4:10 muncie
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have the case as well as the 4 spd internals. Must've had a sticky 1st to 2nd syncro because it's removed. All gears look good. All bearings look good except for one with a bent retaining ring. Forks look good too.
Captain Crunch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Captain CrunchSend a Private Message to Captain CrunchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have the axles?
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2014 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No. I asked and was told there weren't any. I think I know of some. Are they specific to 4 spd?
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2014 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mental floss

362 posts
Member since Aug 2014
I located some 4 spd axles, but the cups that insert into the trans are missing on both axles. The shafts are complete otherwise.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock